Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Indyg... "Seems like the 4-Matic has changed my ability to negotiate for a lower price in the Midwest."
    Changed it how? Made it harder or made it easier?
  • I don't usually post on forums, but thought I'd provide some info on a 2011 E350 lease for 33 months from a dealer in Buena Park, CA. This car is in addition to a 2008 E350 we bought about a year ago from the same dealer. Our salesperson (the best in OC), Arnold was again very helpful. Like many of you, I simply can't stand haggling for hours which is why I decided to forego the two mega-dealers in south Orange County, CA. One wants to convince that you should pay more, and the other gave me the impression they like to grind a deal to dirt. Alternately, the Buena Park dealer gave me the price on the phone in trust that I'd show up, which I did and the price was the same. In summary, P1 pkg with Pano roof, sell price under $50k on a $55365 MSRP. Truecar.com and Carsdirect were higher!

Once you get the price/payment, understand there's other items that remain, which is why a low price is manditory on these cars. I opted for the pre-paid service (at a discount) and also the wear & tear protection (just over $600), both of which were worth the added cost because the wear & tear protection may seem like a profit gambit, but once Susan in finance explained the idea behind it in regards to the cost being less than the cost of an OEM windshield if there's a crack/chip, it was worthwhile. The last thing I want to do is be arm-twisted later to either buy another MB or possibly enter a lengthy arguement over what's "normal" wear & tear. Understand these cars have a "circle of life" in that the bigger picture for Mercedes Finance and the dealer network is to recover well-maintained cars to sell in the secondary CPO market. Cars with wheel damage, window chips, bald tires, etc, will cause the lessee to be subject to possible added out-of-pocket costs because the resale market is extremely competitive to sell these cars. I also bought the service package at a discount good for the life of the lease. Again, seems cheesy, but for me the pre-pay gets the cost out of the way now vs. taking a chance on paying more later (convenience factor).

In general, for those trying to calc a lease payment, please understand the acquisition fee and the return fee must be added to the lease. On short-term leases that can add $40+/mo which may explain why people believe the dealer is charging more than what's calculated at home. Suggest downloading a lease calculator that prompts for these costs.

For those in the LA and Orange County areas of Southern CA, call Arnold at the Buena Park store, and ask for Mark to help in sales management, and Susan in finance. As a final thought, the audio system in the 2011 E350 is absolutely astounding, which is important for me, plus the ambient lighting is such a cool feature in the interior. Did not know that existed until a night test drive. Plus, the voice activated command center really does respond without re-saying the command. Plus, for anyone with the prior style like me, the 2011 is a huge upgrade.
  • I just bought in NCal, 4-Matic with premium 1,2,para. Roof, sport wheel upgrade, with park tronic. Only $55300.
    Only took me 20 min. talk to get that price, shouldn't be that hard.
  • norcal6norcal6 Posts: 2
    indyg,
    can you tell me the dealer you got this deal from. i am looking for the same package.
  • I got it from the Mercedes at Pleasanton CA.
    Look for the sales names Fred, he is a very nice guy, and the best sales there.
  • norcal6norcal6 Posts: 2
    thanks sharpshark. i live nearby there. so it is perfect for me.
  • sfbayhssfbayhs Posts: 3
    Bought E350 sport sedan with P1, wheel pkg, rear spoiler etc. MSRP 56355, paid 48700 + taxes. Just wanted to check if this a reasonable deal for SF Bay area....
  • dyc3dyc3 Posts: 6
    Can you tell me which dealer in the Bay Area? Any suggestions in negotiating and which dealers to avoid. Thanks.
    Autobahn Motors. I did all my negotiation over email. Didn't have to haggle too much, their starting point was quite reasonable. Tried some other dealers in the south bay, but they wouldn't send quotes by email and wanted to discuss over phone.
  • dyc3dyc3 Posts: 6
    Thanks for info. Notice prices on Autobahn site are MSRP. Did they provide better pricing when request for ePrice? Did you also receive any other special/promo? Did you try Pleasanton? I am planning to purchase.
    Once you send in an enquiry, one of the Internet sales managers will contact you by email/phone, and you can get price quotes from them based on the options you select. There are a few incentives available -- loyalty (for current MB owners), fleet discount (depending on your employer), competitor incentive (if you currently own a competitor vehicle such as Lexus, Acura etc). You can't combine incentives, so you pick the best one.
  • Hi guys,
    I am in Orange county, California, have my eyes on a 350E RWD with P1 and Driver-Assist, the MSRP of 57K, I need to buy it before next Monday, is it possible to negotiate the price below 50K?

Thanks
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 4,259
    If you use Edmunds to determine invoice of your vehicle, you will find it is a few thousand above 50K. Some dealers are willing to sell a vehicle at triple net, which is their invoice less holdback, incentives, etc. I believe that there is currently an incentive from Mercedes for leasing, but I have not found anything for purchases.

If you can find a dealer willing to sell at triple net cost, you might get very close, but I would doubt such a deal can be had prior to summer months. Here in the eastern US, the same is true. Good luck.

2015 Mercedes Benz E400 Sport Sedan

• Go to House of Imports in Buena Park (I bought a 2011 E350 and 2011 C300) for best prices. Salesman initials are AA (not allowed to use names).
    Just got the details on major changes in the E350 Sedan for 2012, which are being ordered by dealerships across the country in the next 2-6 weeks.

New 3.5 Liter DIRECT INJECTION V6 Engine developiong 302 hp w/273 lb-ft of torque
    LED daytime running lights are now standard on both sport and luxury sedans
    New Lane Tracking Package
    Color Instrument Cluster
    Media interface has been relocated to the center console
    LED license plate lighting

Those are the major changes in the E350 for 2012. They were able to increase horsepower to 302 from 268 by means of a new Direct Injection System. Additionally, the fuel economy has been increased by 10% due to this change. So, more horsepower with better fuel economy, what more can you ask for.

They've added a new color, Lunar Blue Metallic, which is between royal blue and sky blue in intensity.

That's about all I was able to find out on the new E350. I am going to guess that there will be another price increase in the vehicles due primarily to the decreasing value of the U.S. Dollar. So I am figuring on another $1000 or so.

If I get any more info, will pass it along.

• Thanks Donno2011, do you mind to share the price on 350E MSRP and final.
  • MSRP $56k...sell $48.7k. Hope that helps.
  • Donno2011, THANKS a lot!! really appreciate
    I will go there this weekend asking for AA.
  • Just tell them you want the sales guy who sold a white E with pano roof and blue C within 10 days. He recently got married. Poor AA!
  • nacho2nacho2 Posts: 82
    Hello Donno,'

Been following your post recently. Wanted to before I call the dealer today do you know the MF and resideual value for the E class w P1 Pack same as yours. Thanks and congrat on your new car.
  • MF .0024, 33 mo/15k., and I recall residual was .70 or .71.
  • nacho2nacho2 Posts: 82
    Donno,
    Thanks a lot for you help. :)
    edited May 2011
    Do you know when the 2012 E350 will start appearing at the dealer? I'd like to take a a shot at the 2011 when the prices start dropping.
    From what my dealership told me, sometime in August, or a bit sooner. He said he and many other Mercedes Dealerships are not expecting delivery on 2012's until that time. They are just beginning to order them, and it takes about 3 months from time of order to time of delivery. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks...that timing should work out for me if I decide to pick up a 2011. I'm also considering a CPO 2009 v 2010. I know the last year of the W211 was sorted out and from what I can tell, relatively trouble free. Not sure about the first year of the new model.
    No problem, and if I get any further info, I'll pass it along. I had several of the old body style E's, and each of them was totally trouble free. I also had a 2010 E 350, which was also totally trouble free. If you are considering a new 2011, I would strongly suggest that you purchase a 2012 with the new engine. Once the new engine is out, the value of 2011's and earlier will drop more than usual. The 2012 will hold its value longer.

I expect that Mercedes will renew its offer of 2000 loyalty rebate dollars on the new 2012 for previous owners and a special finance rate. That would bring the cost of a new vehicle very much in range.

Good luck.

• wirelesswireless Posts: 47
    I also worked with Autobahn with their internet sales guy A.L. Very easy to work with and to talk with. Offered great deals and very straightforward. I would work with them and him again in a second.
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    2012 E-Class will be available around September. You can read the complete specifications with color chips and packages here: 2012 Mercedes-Benz E-Class changes and updates: Sedans and Wagons!.

Actually it's a little skeptical about new E550 and new engines overall. So if you can get a good deal on 2011 - you probably should do so...
    Thanks for the link. Good info...and you're probably right about getting a 2011 over the 2012 with the new engine.
    Found out from my dealership that they have not yet ordered 2012's since ordering is not yet "open" to them for sedans. As soon as he can order 2012's, he'll let me know and I'll pass it along. With the new engine and improved fuel economy, I asked him to go ahead and order me one in silver with black interior with premium 1 and tire/wheel package. With gasoline prices going up and the decreasing value of the U.S. dollar, I think that the 2012 would be a wise purchase early on before values drop much more.