Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,480
    Excellent deal. That is below invoice including the 4500 dealer incentive they had. Just make sure the vehicle you purchased was not damaged in any way. Check paint, etc. IF everything ok, then the deal is superb. If it was a demo, with some miles on it, it's still good, considering it's 2000 under invoice when considering the 4500 incentive as well. Lots of luck.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

Why would you add "lojack" to the car? Mercedes "MBrace" includes locating the car in case it is stolen. Why pay the extra money for lojack?

As for the "sirius" traffic report lady, I don't understand that one. I have traffic on my MB sirius account, but all I get is the yellow and red cars on the route, showing slow or heavy traffic. Is there some audible lady who comes on and tells you something through the sirius channels? What am I missing here? Hmmmm. Let me know.

Enjoy the car. This is my 8th MB in the past 20 years, and it is the best, by far. The price you paid seems to be in the ballpark for this time of the model year.

I paid 49110, plus tax in January. That was 2000 under invoice at the time. So I think I got a good deal considering I've been driving the car for 9 months.

Good Luck.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• Hi,

I have negotiated the following, can i push it further?

2011 Sport Wagon
    MB Text
    Rear Entertainement
    Prem 1 package
    Rear side air bags
    321 AMG Sport
    Panorama Roof
    Black Ashwood
    Heated Front seats
    All weather mats
    3 year maintaince

MSRP $65,213
    Negt Price $59,000

Please let me know I would like to close this tommrow.
    Thanks
  • Not a demo. Has 40 miles on it. Checked paint and everything. All good.Thanks.
    On a 2011, where there are no incentives, that is a good deal. That is right about invoice, if I am not mistaken. I doubt you can do too much better, but it's always worth a try.

Good luck!

Then the deal you got was excellent.

• MBNYC Can you tell me the name and location of that dealer on the 2011 sport wagon?
  • bknycbknyc Posts: 57
    Looking for the same car but to lease....

Any ideas what this should lease for with Sport package,P2 and pano roof ($64,835 list) on a 39 month lease/10k miles in NJ with just inception fees down? Thanks
  • Hey guys,
    I'm in the NYC area and am looking to get a 2010 E350.
    The closest MB dealer told me that the 2010 E-classes were sold out.
    So this dealer that I contacted had 3 of them left.
    One of them is
    2010 E350W/4 BLACK /ALMOND IT HAS P2 PKG , SPORT PKG ,
    PANORAMA ROOF
    M.S.R.P IS 60,145
    FOR $54197
    I think taking less than 6k off of a 2010 car is not that good.

I did tell the dealer that unless he's willing to take 20% off the sticker, I won't budge--which then he promptly stopped contacting me.
    Is asking 20% off msrp too much?
  • definitely take 20% off.
  • You should get at least 20% off. You can get a 2011 for what the dealer wants.
  • 20% is good deal, but if they have shortage of inventory like I had, you should settle for a bit less, 18% or something. You just have to negotiate hard and work your way upto the 20% off, they will not just give it to you outright.

I had to keep them engaged and push slowly towards my target. Good luck.
  • When there is a shortage you may not get the color combination that you wanted. Tell them you are not crazy about the color and see what happens. When there are only a few left it might be because of the color combination.
  • I told my dealer to contact me if he decides to change his mind.
    I don't think it would be wise for me to contact him before he does because
    it just shows that I'm desperate for the car.
    What should be my best strategy?
  • There is a good chance he won't contact you. The price you want is almost $5k below TMV, and a couple of grand below his cost. Unless he wants to sell you a car at a big loss, you should perhaps look at other brands.
  • It is near to the end of the month. You never know unless you try. Good luck to you.
  • Thanks,
    I've seen other guys get it,
    but the only dealer with 2010 E350 left won't budge.
    I don't know why, but the thought of getting the 2011 E350
    for about 6-7k more makes me feel that I'm getting ripped off for some reason.
    I don't see a sense of paying 6-7k more for a car that's basically the same.
    Would buying the 2011 model fetch me 6-7k more than the 2010 model when I sell the car? I'd think a couple of grand more but not that much.
    I plan to buy a car within a week, and I am not sure what to do.
    Should I:
    1. Buy a C300 instead,
    2. Wait till December and hope for a good discount?
    I don't think I want to spend more than 45k for my new car.
    Thanks for your input.
  • That is what I paid for my 2010 E350 4matic. Took delivery on August 30th. I drove a C300 when I was looking to buy a new car. My back was bothering me at the time. Then I drove the E350. What a difference on my back. The E350 is more comfortable. It is the end of the month. You got nothing to lose if you try one more time. Good luck.
  • korientkorient Posts: 10
    Does anyone know how much is the rebate in Oct.?

Thanks,
  • I think most people knows yet about the rebate amount for Oct but if you wait for Dec to Jan. I think it will be 4500 or some sort of combination.....

For me, I definitely wait until end of Jan. 2011. Because the car is cost at least 6 to 7 thousand dollars cheaper. I got my Sedan 335i MSRP $51,000 for $37,000 (before tax, title, doc fee and registration).