Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,480
    Yes! The 1.9% (which is negotiable down to .9% as they have 1% hold back on the rate) for 66 months is only if you have a current lease or loan outstanding with Mercedes Benz Financial. It's a "loyalty" rate only. I think you can still get a good rate for 60 months, though, check with the Edmunds site for "incentives" for E class sedans.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Congratulations! Where did you finally get your deal? Thanks
  • I tried so hard with a local dealer in PA. The best I can get is 6500 off the MSRP. My guess is that you own a Mercedes so you got extra $2000 off. Just don't know if I still have room to go :-)
    That is a fantastic deal! Yes, my price included $2000 loyalty and the APR included the loyalty as well. 6500 of list price is below Edmunds invoice and is close, if no at, triple net cost for the dealer.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• Can you tell us more about the $2000 loyalty, please? Is it a 'official' discount and when does it expire?
    The $2000 loyalty is for Mercedes Benz owners or lessees who currently drive a Mercedes Benz that qualifies. Originally, it started November 2, 2010 and was due to expire 1/4/11. They extended it through the end of January. To find out how far into February it goes, check Mercedes Benz E class in Edmunds, then click on incentives. You should find that is goes through February 2 or 3. As for "official", it is offered by Mercedes Benz through its franchized dealers. Once you have negotiated your best price, take $2000 off that price. The dealers gets its $2000 back from Mercedes.

Hope this helps

• I bought at House of Imports Mercedes Benz. E-mail me if you have questions dbabillbaldi@yahoo.com
    Pretty easy and straight forward. I negotiated only over the phone. They offered the warranties but as soon as I said no nothing else was said regarding it. The 1.9 for up to 66 months and $2,000 is being offered for current Mercedes Benz customers I think who currently have a loan or lease with them. I realize their is wiggle room with the 1.9. I'm really OK with getting a good deal. I'm not someone who wants to haggle for the last few hundred bucks. So getting $6,500 off + $2K off + 1.9 for 66 months with zero down makes me really happy.
  • To all that are currently considering buying a Mercedes. I just recently bought my second Mercedes. My wife and four year old were in a bad car accident a few weeks ago in our 2009 E class. My wife and another car hit each other on a freeway here in California both going around 50-55 miles per hour. My Mercedes was completely totaled. However my wife walked away with just a bruise on her knee and my four year old was just fine. I didn't even consider buying any vehicle besides a MB. I Thank God that they were OK. It was truly a miracle. I can not stress enough when buying a vehicle that safety should be your first concern. I see friends and some family members who run out and buy their 18 year olds a little car that would be smashed like a pancake if they were in an accident. I have 12 years to go before my daughter will drive but I Know that my daughter will be driving a MB. Not for the status or what others will think but because I will know that she will safe if the unthinkable happens.
    Yes, you got a good deal, danapointman. The only thing I was able to do was 7500 off sticker, but I have purchased 4 Mercedes E class vehicles from the same dealer for many years, and they always give me a triple net price.

I was able to get 1.49% for 66 months and if I had pushed, I could have gotten .9%, but it was not worth it since my dealer gave me a fantastic deal and he had to make something in the back end.

Enjoy your new Benz. I have always enjoyed my Mercedes vehicles. Never had any problems with any of them.

I agree completely. They have made Mercedes vehicles one of the safest brands on the road. Luckily I have not had a serious accident in one, but I did in a Lexus GS300. Car was seriously damaged, 22,000 dollar worth. Was hit in the rear by someone going 70 mph and I was "stopped". I was hit so hard, I went flying into the rear of a truck that was 500 feet in front of me. Interestingly enough, none of my airbags went off, even though I hit the truck in front of me with great force. IF I HAD BEEN IN A MERCEDES BENZ AT THE TIME, THE AIRBAGS WOULD HAVE INFLATED AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN SAVED MANY MONTHS IN THE HOSPITAL!

• Carman - I posted this in the other MB forum - so pardon the double post - no one has answered that one

Just curious if this is a good deal.
    2011 E350W - P2 package plus sun room, split rear seats, leather, paladium silver

MSRP with $875 destination and delivery is
    $60710.00
    Price they are selling it for $51981.00
    Sales tax #3248.81
    Other fees (385.99) license, title, etc

51 month lease, due at signing first month's payment +license title - $981.00
    Residual $31569.00
    Payment - $699
    Money factor - .00260 (I have top credit, returning customer, turning in other E350 3 months early)

Seems like they are not taking off the current $2k promotion - and seems like they are adding a small amount to the money factor. I'm in TX - and I believe they could use tax credits to get rid of that tax - which is what I'm pushing for. Thoughts? Update on this - they say no tax credits (whatever) and that the $2k is already factored in.
    Yes, it is an excellent deal. They must be taking off the 2k promotion in order to price the vehicle the way they are. Over 8K off sticker is an excellent deal, however I do not know how that relates to a lease. They may have another incentive on leases. The 2k off should apply to leases.

• e350 4 matic with p2, parktronic, andamg sport package, prepaid maintainence, panaromic roof
    msrp 63619
    sell price; 55800
    lease deal: 2 yr 10k miles per year - 695 a month (685 wo maint), 1720 due at signing

got the iridium silver with black interior - looks amazing
    Sounds like a great deal. Indium Silver nice, P2 w/4matic great. Just enjoy. You'll find that the new E class is far superior to the old body style and suspension. Corners better, handles better, more room in the interior, and a much heavier feel to the vehicle even though the weight is very similar to the old E class.

24 month lease is a perfect lease since you don't tire of the car in that short a period of time.

Good luck

• Bought the car over the weekend.
    E350 4Matic
    Iridium Silver, black
    115V AC
    Parktronic
    Pano roof
    spoiler
    P02
    AMG Wheel
    MSRP $63170, bought at $55750 included $1000 fleet discount.

Now I have the question about those insurance the dealer try to sell to me. My biggest question is on the Tire and Wheel Protection, do I really need it?

Thanks,
    Good luck! I live in Florida, where the roads do not have pot holes and are in pretty good condition. If I lived in NY area, or another area of the country where there are pot holes or debris all over the roads, I would get the tire/wheel protection. I have the AMG wheels also with those low profile tires. If you hit a pot hole with those tires and wheels, chances are you will blow out the tire and possibly bend the wheel. That is when it pays to get that insurance. If you don't have poor roads, the insurance is not necessary. Over the past 4 years, I've had E350's with tire and wheel packages and have never had a problem. But remember, I live in a warmer climate with excellent to good roads.

• kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    I'm not sure of the extent of the coverage on the tire and wheel policy or its cost but it might be worth considering. Do some searching here and on benzworld.org. I've seen several complaints about cracking of the 18" AMG wheels on the sport edition of the E. I haven't seen complaints about the smaller wheel on the luxury edition. The larger diameter wheel has a tire with to shorter sidewall depth and less room for the sidewall to flex and absorb impact if you strike potholes, etc. at high speed.
    Ask your dealers parts dept the price of a replacement wheel for your E and then check tirerack.com to get an ideal of prices of replacement tires. Seeing the numbers may make your decision easier.
    My knee jerk reaction would be to buy it for the sport model but decline it on the luxury,. But I've been wrong before.
    You got a nice deal...enjoy your car.
    If you don't have the sport package, then DON'T BUY IT! The rims and tires on your 4 matic are not that expensive to replace. It's the AMG wheels and large 18" tires that are expensive. Don't waste your money. I used to be in the car business, and I only recommended it to people who had expensive rims and tires.

• Mine is sport with 18" AMG wheel, I live in Philly PA, Should I really consider it?
    Definitely! In a city like Philadelphia, where there are many, many pot holes and road debris on interstates, I would purchase the insurance. I think it costs about $300.00, plus or minus a few bucks. All you need to do is use it just once, and it's more than paid for itself. If the cost has gone up sustantially, like $700.00, it is still worth the expense. Check with the dealer for limits - like how much will the policy reimburse you. If the limit is $2000.00, then it is still worth the expense.

The main concern I have is the limitations and numbers of times you can file a claim. I believe that replacing the tire is around 275.00 dollars, and the rim is about 600.00 dollars or so.

Again, if I lived in NY, Philadephia, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, New Jersey, etc., I would purchase the policy. Since I live in an area that is well-maintained (roads that is) and in good to excellent condition, it is not in my best interest since I probably will never use the policy.