Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Does anyone know whether the Conquest Incentive will be extended into January? Any new incentives (not previously discussed ) that might come into being at that time? Thanks.
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 4,236
    edited December 2011
    I would think the 2000 conquest on the 2012's will be extended through the 6th or 7th, and perhaps until the end of January. The Mercedes Benz financial 2000 incentive may drop to 1500, where it was in October. AS for the 1.9% financing, I would think there would be some kind of similar rates.

BUT ONLY MERCEDES BENZ CORPORATE knows for sure what will be available. I am only guessing based on previous years experiences this time of the year.

The only way to be sure is to take advantage of this discount NOW! I would not take the chance that there will be the same incentives 30 days from now. Remember, there is a shortage of E350 sedans throughout the country. Down here in southern Florida, there are 12 Mercedes Benz Dealerships from Palm Beach County to Miami-Dade County, and there are a total of 45 E350's in stock in all those dealerships. What does that tell you? And what do you think that says for January?

I ordered my car in late August, 2011. Arrived at dealer on October 17th. I took advantage of the USAA pricing of invoice +500 less 2000 (net of 1500 under dealer invoice) and a 1500 incentive from Mercedes Benz Financial. Also negotiated 1.6% financing on an 18,000 loan for 66 months (always pays to have a small loan on a Mercedes since MB Financial always has a special incentive for current loan holders or lessees). If I had waiting until November to get the car, I could have saved another $500 since the MB Financial incentive went up 500. I could not "bundle" any other discounts or incentives with USAA except for the MB Financial incentive. But, I got the car I wanted, $3000 below dealer invoice, and have truly enjoyed this new E350 sedan for 2 months now. I am not disappointed at all that I could have saved $500 more.

Never pays to wait if you can get a great price now.

2015 Mercedes Benz E400 Sport Sedan

• kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Aren't 17" tires standard on the luxury model?
  • 17" inch tires are standard on the Luxury model. My previous question is whether you could get the 17" tires with the 5 spoke design rather than the standard 17" wheels with 8 spokes..... Abacomike--would that still require extensive changes by dealer as you earlier advised? Thanks.
    edited December 2011
    I have the 5 double-spoke design AMG wheels which is part of the Wheel Package on the Sport Model with 18" tires (different size for front than the rear).

I do not believe the 5 spoke or 5 double spoke 18" wheels are available on the luxury model. Remember, the 5 spoke (standard on the sport model) and the 5 double-spoke AMG's (optional as part of the wheel package) have different sized front vs. rear wheels.

If you were to have the dealer select a set of wheels for you new car and put them on the car, those new wheels might not have the necessary sensors and may not be in synch with car's computer, and even if the dealer could add sensors and match the sensors to the car's computer, it would be very costly as I mentioned to you for the dealer, which costs would be passed on to you. The only sensible way to get nicer wheels (I agree, the standard 17" wheels on the luxury model are hideous looking) is to order upgraded wheels with your new car as an "option". They have various optional wheels available from the factory. I have an ordering manual for the 2012 E350 Sedan, and noticed several wheel sizes available as an option when you order the car.

I believe you can also get 18" wheels/tires for the luxury as an option (with same size tires/wheels for front and rear).

Avoid trying to find wheels/tires as after-market for your car for the above reasons. Good luck!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    The stock 17" Sport wheels are staggered? Hmmm.. I didn't notice that...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

The "stock" 17" wheels are not staggered! Only the stock wheels and optional wheels on the sport are staggered. The standard wheels on the luxury and luxury 4-matic are the same size all around.

What I was trying to convey to you is that you can order "optional" wheels for the "luxury" model in both 17 and 18 inch versions.

• Hi Mike,
    Checkin' in with the news that I got a call and my E350 4Matic Luxury with P2 has been built and is on its way! The dealer is still telling me they think it'll be in before the end of the year, which surprises the heck out of me. But, they want me to come in next week and get paperwork done so they can lock in the incentives. (They must be very motivated to get this deal done in 2011 :-) I'm pretty motivated, too, not knowing what January might bring. I'll have USAA and MB Financial, but from what I'm reading I don't think I can stack the MBCA $1000 incentive...it says you can't stack "certificates." Do you think I'm right about that?
    There are a few good things about that - you would be able to deduct the sales tax for 2011 federal income taxes and I am sure that if they want you to complete paperwork, they must be pretty sure the car will be in prior to 1/1/12.

It takes about two weeks to get the car from Germany to the US. But then the car must be made ready for transport from the port to the dealership. They can deliver the car on the same day they receive it, which is what happened with me. It's going to be tight but still possible.

Keep us updated on the progress!

Yes! The only incentive you can bundle with USAA is the MB Financial Incentive. Of course you can also get the special 1.9% special finance rate for up to 66 months. I was able to negotiate 1.6% for 66 months. I always take out a small loan for 66 months with MB Financial because they always provide loyalty incentives of up to 2000 dollars if and when you buy a new Mercedes. Since I always buy Mercedes vehicles, it always pays. I usually borrow 18,000 so my monthly payment is always around 286.00. I never pay the loan off because you must have an active open loan account in order to qualify.

I hope this answered your question.

Remember Kids, individuals can deduct either state and local income taxes or sales taxes.
    Yes, BUT I believe that if you live in a state where you are deducting state and local income taxes, you cannot deduct the sales tax on a new car. The deduction for sales taxes on a new car are for residents of states where there is no local or state income taxes. As an example, Florida had no state or local income taxes, thus residents can deduct sales taxes (at a fixed rate per the IRS for each qualifying state) + an additional amount for large purchases such as boats, planes and cars. In my case, I received an $875 deduction for the general state sales tax based upon the county I live in and my income level. Then, my accountant ADDS the exact amount I paid in sales tax for my new car(s) to that amount to arrive at the final IRS allowable deduction. I also purchased a Rolex watch this year and paid $600.00 in sales taxes on that item, which should also be deductable over and above the IRS allowable amount for sales taxes for my county in Florida.

You might want to double-check with the IRS if you live in a state where you are deducting state/local income taxes if you can also deduct sales taxes. I think you will find that residents of states where there is an income tax which is being used as a deduction cannot also deduct sales taxes - it's one or the other. But, I"ve been known to be wrong on many occasions - I'm relying on what my accountant told me, and to be quite frank - my accountant has been known to be wrong in some instances as well.

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    I think you have that mostly right..

For instance, we can do either, but deduct the state income taxes because it's a larger amount than the sales tax deduction...

But, I have an older relative in the same state, and since most of his retirement income is exempt from state income tax, the sales tax deduction is of more use to him..

As always, consult someone else besides us... lol

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi,

I am getting ready to purchase a new E Class (deciding between 4 dr and 2 dr). In any case the cars that I am interested in have a sticker prices of between $56K and $58K.
    I would appreciate some guidance on how to secure a best deal and what discounts/incentives are available. I do not own a high line vehicle now and do not know about USAA.
    Thanks in advance.
    I don't have current info on prices but a good start for pricing in your area would be truecar.com. Others can discuss incentives which may be available. Some may not be aware that the "E Class coupe" is a C class, badged as an E Class for marketing purposes and priced accordingly. They can check specs to see the differences.
    Congrats, you've chosen a great car! The coupe has a shorter wheelbase, is narrower, and has significantly less trunk capacity and interior space, especially in the second row for rear passengers. The coupe is built on a C class chassis, modified for the slightly longer wheelbase of the E Coupe.

The sedan is much longer and wider and the trunk capacity is among the best in it's class. Additionally, the sedan has an electronic transmission selector on the right side of the steering column thus providing for a much larger console with lots more storage. The seats are larger both front and back in the sedan.

As for ride and handling, the sedan is smoother, especially on streets and highways. The coupe is much sportier and handles more like a sports car.

Pricing is almost identical, as you have already noted.

You should be able to acquire a 1.9% loan for up to 66 months. You can and should negotiate that 1.9 down a little because they have a 1% mark-up. I was able to get 1.6 for 66 months.

Since you don't qualify for loyalty or USAA, it appears that the finance rate is your best bet.

To determine the approximate invoice of the car you want, you can look it up on Edmunds once you've built your car and priced it. Another way is to subtract the delivery/shipping fee of 875 and then multiply the remaining amount by .93 and then add the 875 back in. The remaining amount is what the dealer paid for the car less about 2% which is hold back which most dealers will not give up.

If you offer the dealer invoice for the car, you will eventually end up at about 500 over. It all depends on inventory and what is available. The more flexible you are regarding color and equipment, the better deal you will get.

Good luck!

• bzjambzjam Posts: 11
    I didn't qualify for any incentives so I just called around to different dealers in my area and was given "Winter Event Special" pricing. Sticker on mine was $55545 and I got it for $48245 with 1.9% for 66. It took a couple days of calling and going into one dealership and getting jerked around about financing and then going to another and telling them to match the deal and beat the financing but I came out with a great deal.
    Getting 7000+ off sticker without any incentives on a brand new E350 2012 sedan or coupe means you bought the car for 3000+ under dealer invoice. I've seen only one other individual state the same kind of pricing!

Either you qualified for an incentive(s) or the dealer lost 3000+ on the deal or you had a trade and he made up for the loss on the trade. No dealer is going to take a 3000+ loss on a 2012 E350 sedan, especially with inventories at an all time low throughout the country.

I am truly amazed! Perhaps other readers can provide input here. Quite frankly, I do not believe the two stories of buying a 2012 E350 sedan for over 3000 below dealer invoice without USAA pricing, conquest incentives loyalty incentives, etc.

• No problem adding the MBCA discount to whatever deal you get from your dealer.
    edited December 2011
    I traded in a fully loaded 2010 ford expedition limited 2wd(good condition, had two dented rims and a couple door dings but besides that it was clean) and they gave me 33500 on it which is just at or above kbb trade in value. It's the end of the year. There are great deals to be had. I always buy my cars at this time of year and always get amazing deals that guys like you don't believe is possible because it doesnt work into your formula. So what do you think? Did he get me on the trade in? I had 2 fords at home and have insurance with geico. No incentives available. But like I said before I did receive "Winter Event Pricing" whatever that is.
    Winter event pricing must be one or two of the incentives they have available. Winter Event is a "promo" phrase all manufacturers use - the "EVENT" is financing and/or discounts, up-front-cash back, etc.

All I am trying to say is that if you received NO INCENTIVES OR CASH-BACKS it is impossible to purchase a Mercedes Benz E350 for 7000+ under MSRP. That is $3000 under invoice.

I paid $3000+ under invoice, but that included USAA invoice pricing less 2000 + 1500 incentive from Mercedes Benz Financial. I'm not saying you can't get a car for $3000 under invoice! What I am saying is that you cannot get a car for $3000+ under invoice with no incentives or without them making up some or all of that on a trade. You mentioned you received no incentives. Well, Winter Event includes many, many incentives available.

Here are a few of the incentives available:

MB Financial has a $2000 loyalty to current lessees or current loan customers who have a loan with MB Financial

Dealers also have $2000 loyalty incentive for current lessees/owners of a Mercedes Benz (specific models are listed)

There is a $2000 Conquest incentive available to owners of certain luxury model cars (i.e. Saab, Volvo, BMW, Jaguar, Audi, and even Volkswagen I believe is a model listed)

USAA has a $2000 below invoice incentive pricing.

I am not aware of any other incentves or cash available.

Personally I think the "Winter Event Pricing" is for people that do not qualify for any incentives and will not buy unless they get the same pricing as people that do qualify for incentives. Before buying the E350 I owned 2 Fords. Yeah the one I traded in was a fully loaded Expedition Limited(almost a Navigator but not quite) but it didn't qualify for a luxury car Conquest deal. I don't have USAA though I'm looking into it. The last time I owned a Mercedes was in 2003 so I doubt that would make me qualify for a loyalty incentive. Just face it Mike, it can be done and this is the time of year to do it. When I made the deal my car was still at the port. I don't know if that helped out or not.
  • hannabhannab Posts: 21
    abacomike:
    Can I combine USAA & conquest incentives ?
    Thanks
    edited December 2011
    No. USAA cannot be combined with conquest, nor can conquest be combined with USAA.

The only incentive that can be combined with USAA are cash incentives for MB Financial for current lessees with MB Financial or loans. Thus, MB financial is a loyalty incentive.

Conquest cannot be combined with any other incentives (MB financial incentive assumes you have a lease or loan with MB Financial).

You can combine the 1.9% (or less, as this can be negotiated down 1%, but most dealers are not willing to negotiate it, but try for 1.6 or 1.5%, mine did give me a little off the 1.9%), with any incentive.

Since the USAA incentive "starts" at dealer invoice + 500, less $2000, and the Conquest incentive is $2000, you probably can use either of them. The only advantage to USAA is that it forces the dealer to sell you the car at dealer invoice (remember, dealer invoice does not reflect the 2% hold back the dealer receives for every car he sells, which most dealers will not negotiate). A dealer might consider selling you the car "at invoice", in which case the Conquest 2000 would be the better deal. At least you go into the dealer with ammunition and information, so they can't snow you.

Hope this helps you out a little.

• Hi Mike,
    So if I do the USAA negotiated invoice price, is the "less 2000" you mention also part of USAA or is it the MB Financial loyalty?
    I was at a dealer yesterday and they said USAA was 1500 off MSRP which was 500 over invoice; the man showed me a spreadsheet. He said this could not be combined with the 2000 loyalty or 2000 conquest.
    Thanks!
    Arturo
  • Hi Mike,
    I really appreciate all the info and advice that you are providing. I am actually looking for a E350 as well as a GL 450. I have a ML 350 currently leased with MBFS.
    For the GL I was told there is a promotion of $4000 Winter event discount. Is there an additional loyaltyl incentive - either cash or reduction in the MF in addition to the 4000?
    Thanks once again for all the help.
  • mbz_e350mbz_e350 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I'm 18 years old and I really don't have knowledge about financing and stuff like that. But I thought I'd explain my situation on my new E350 Lease and see if anyone has any comments about it?

In 2010, I leased a 2010 Mercedes Benz C300 with Navi. We put nothing down except the drive off fees (about 2.5k) and our monthly payment is $600. It's been exactly 1.5 years with that lease and my mileage is at 30,000, but the total allowed for 3 years is 36,000. So we decided to get out of that lease for a 2012 E350. They offered to take our C300 back and offered us the E350 with P1 for $5,000 down and a monthly payment of about $780. Any insight? I'm not really sure what I'm looking for..just sharing my experience.
    USAA is 500 over invoice less 2000, or a net of 1500 under invoice. The conquest discount is 2000, but that is 2000 under the agreed price. You probably do better with USAA, but each deal is different. Try both ways to see which is better for you.

The MB Financial incentive can be combined with the USAA pricing. Remember MB Financial is a loyalty incentive available only to current MB Financial customers who have a current lease or loan with them.

There is also a loyalty incentive for current Mercedes owners, but that one cannot be combined with USAA.

• Hi Mike,
    I posted this question earlier, but actually I was addressing this to you. Also it is for GL450. There is not much traffic in GL section and there is no one to give advice like you. I really appreciate all the info and advice that you are providing to the forum members.
    I am actually looking for a E350 as well as a GL 450. I have a ML 350 currently leased with MBFS.
    For the GL I was told there is a promotion of $4000 Winter event discount. Is there an additional loyaltyl incentive - either cash or reduction in the MF in addition to the 4000?
    Thanks once again for all the help.
  • Thanks for your input on the stacking---I had a feeling the MBCA wouldn't fly but I still feel great about the USAA deal and MB Financial. Can't wait to get behind the wheel. :-). In my state we can't deduct state sales tax....but I'm still anxious to get the car by 12/31/11!