Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• reh4reh4 Posts: 3
    Just purchased 2011 E350 - sticker $56,495, final price $46,000 and they threw in window tint and Service A. Also gave us 1.99 financing for 5 years. Thanks for all of the great info on the board, made negotiations quick and painless!!
  • Wow, that's great deal. Did you have to use a specific discount(USAA or Conquest)? If you can disclose it, which dealer is it?
    Thanks.
  • I would like to second the request of steve127. Could you please post how they structured your deal and your discount? A $10.5k discount is great on a $56.5k car! Here in southern California, I have been offered as much as $10.3K off of E350 BT, but it was a $66k car. Unfortunately, the dealer tried to mark up the acquisition fee to $1095, and to "pack" the money factor. So, I walked from the deal.
  • That evil dealer....trying to make a few bucks on a $66k car..... :shades:
  • My dealer also charged $1095 for the acquisition fee, but they had a new 2011 bluetec in stock (rare around here) with the options and colors I liked and the 2012 nav system (comand 4.5) and new dash (apparently a running change included in cars built in late June or July)... and they gave me a good enough deal that I took it. They didn't play with the money factor, and I took the max 10 multiple security deposits to buy it down.

Who would think you could lease a $59000+ 2011 e350 BlueTec sedan with Premium 2 and some other doodads for two years, 12K miles/yr for under $500 per month (plus tax) with no money down at closing other than the security deposits which I get back at the end of the lease.

Sometimes you just have to eat those dealer fees.....
  • The experiences detailed on this forum enabled me to make a well informed decision in the purchase / lease of a new mercedes. After getting up to date on true prices, incentives, current MFs, and specific dealer experiences I used the edmunds.com dealer messaging service under the research tab to get the ball rolling on my search for a new 2011 e-350 as a gift for my wife after discussing the important aspects of a hypothetical purchase with her (e.g., color) (LOL). Also, I have traditionally purchased the ending model this time of year so I also received a fair amount of inquiries from previous dealers and salesmen I have done business with. Maybe I am getting a bit jaded after years of car purchases. Buying the ending model year is the best way to go as I can't justify spending an extra 20% on the new model year for a few more HP/FPT.

Although they did not have the largest inventory selection the most professional response (read as no BS or games) that I received was from the Long Beach based Mercedes dealership. I found a car online and discussed the specifics with the hardest working salesman at the dealership. He is an ex-Marine from 2 decades ago and still has that excellent work ethic. I made an appointment to come in the next morning and found the car prepped and ready to go.

Now for the specifics:

2011 e350, palladium silver with P1 including destination

MSRP $54,995
    Dealer Invoice $51,707
    Less Conquest and Loyalty Cash ($4000 +$2050)
    Price $45,657 (83% of MSRP - anything better than 85% of MSRP is a green light to me)

After reading the posts over the last two weeks or so I decided on a 33 month lease @12,000 mi/yr.

This equated to a 64% residual at a MF of .00192 (approx. 4.6% I/yr) for Tier 1 credit through MB Financial as of September 2, 2011. I had quotes for better MF but lower residuals from captives and banks with other dealers and a well known leasing company that advertises nationally but this was the combination that I liked the best.

MB Financial and MBLB charges a $795 acquisition fee (capitalized = residualized at 64%) which brought the total gross capitalized cost to $46,452.

At that rent and depreciation the base monthly payment is $497.81. After paying Calif tax of 8.75% the total payment is $541.37 with a drive off payment of $1027. I think this is a great deal! Thank you to the forum!
  • Congratulations....that really is a great deal.

Did you use multiple security deposits?

BTW..I believe your statement: MB Financial and MBLB charges a $795 acquisition fee (capitalized = residualized at 64%) which brought the total gross capitalized cost to $46,452....is not correct. The residual value is 64% of the sticker price on the car and does not include the acquisition fee. With or without that fee rolled into the lease, the residual stays the same. The agreed upon price changes. You pay the difference between the agreed upon price and the residual value in your monthly payments...or said another way, you are paying the full $795 over the 36 months of the lease. However, that doesn't change the fact that you got a very good deal....
  • Now that I think about it I believe that you are right. I was reading off of the MB Financial contract line item, however that would not make sense as the residual is a percentage of the MSRP not the total gross capitalized cost. However, I am happy about the deal and no I did not buy down the MF with deposits. The small incremental savings in payment doesn't justify the opportunity cost associated with the non-interest bering deposit. I'd much rather put the money into a stock that drops 20% in value before you get the brokerage confirmation (LOL).

Thanks again for the market intelligence.
  • That multiple security deposit would have paid you an effective rate of about 11% on your money and it's guaranteed by Mercedes :)

Final question....did you buy a BlueTec? That residual seems very high for a gas 2011 e350 unless mercedes significantly raised the residuals in September which is very unlikely.
  • No BlueTec. 2011 e350 sedan sport. I bumped the residual by going with 33 months rather than 36 months.

Can you show me your math on your 11% effective rate using my deal parameters?
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,147
    GREAT! ENJOY!!!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• Hey Guys,

Wanted to see what you think on the deal for a 2011 E550 euro delivery (i did not choose this type of delivery it was the only E550 around in S. Cal that had an MSRP where I wanted it

P1
    Sport Package
    Drive Dynamic Comfort Seats with Massage
    IPOD integration

MSRP: 63,340
    Price Agreed to 54,340
    Money Factor .00245 but did 10 security payments @ 700 so .00175 (i think they made .00005 on the mf, unless it changed in september)
    Residual 55%
    Monthly payment including CA tax $712
    10,000 miles
    36 month lease
    $2,000 at signing (first month, DMV, title etc)

What do you guys think?
  • Guys... I am getting ready so sign this deal. Please let me know what you think before I do.

2011 E350 4matic
    White/Almond
    Sport
    P1 Package
    Rear Spoiler
    Folding Rear Seats

Good Luck

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• It's likely that waiting for the 2012 will cost you about $6k (loss of conquest money plus reduced discount).

Only you can judge if it's worth waiting for:

New more powerful more economical engine and tweak of transmission
    (slightly) upgraded comand system (but may have some updates coming
    Improved (or more colorful) dash
    move iphone/aux connector from glove box to center console
    Straight LED parking lights

Externally, no one will know if it's a 2011 or 2012; internally they won't know either unless they notice the dash is more colorful.

Resale of the 2012 will be higher when you sell...but then again, you will be paying more for it because of the loss of discount $'s.
  • Hello.
    Would appreciate some guidance on which options packages I should select if I want:

Ventilated seats - I see that P1 includes heated seats, does this include the ventilated seats? or do you have to upgrade to the dynamic seat w/ massage?

Parking Sensors: I prefer sensors over the backup camera (I've had both). I see that P1 includes the backup camera and have seen E-classes with sensors but I doubt the backup camera comes with the sensors. Do I need to get the Parktronic package to get the sensors?

Pre Paid Maintenance: I haven't see any pro/cons discussions regarding prepaying for maintenance with MB. Scheduled oil changes are every 10k miles due to the synthetic oil. I'm a low mileage driver (9k/year), but have had some unpleasant surprises with the cost of routine scheduled maintenance with my Infiniti. Prepaying sounds like a good idea, but would appreciate thoughts on this.

Thanks!
  • For ventilated seats, I believe you have to upgrade to leather seats.

If you want the parking sensors, you have to get parktronic

Maintenance depends on how you want to maintain the car. If you are leasing then you have to follow mercedes maintenance schedule so pay it now or pay it later. The only risk with paying up front is if you total the car before you've needed the prepaid maintenance. Otherwise, you're probably going to pay it or do what you think the car really needs and take your chances.
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    Yes, you need Parktronic to get sensors for front and rear bumper...

It's definitely good idea to get pre-paid maintenance, especially if you lease, because you can residualize maintenance cost in the lease. Even though you'll use 100% of services - you can deduct residual percentage from it, so you'll save about 45% of the cost of maintenance overall.

Also, you'll need to improve your negotiating skills before going to the dealership. Just saw this article: Art of Negotiation. Talks about how to deal with dealers. Highly recommend...
  • sorry, but that last information is wrong.

The residual value is based on the MSRP of the car. Other fees that are rolled into a lease such as the origination fee, maintenance fee,.....are paid in full over the life of the lease. Those fees are not residualized..... It's just a question of whether you want to pay them now, or spread the cost out.

It may be advantagious to pay them, in fact, up front if you are going to (wisely) take the multiple security deposit because each security deposit is equal to your monthly payment. If you include those fees that you are going to pay in full over the life of the lease up front, then your monthly payment will be less and each multiple security deposit will then be less. Don't confuse this with putting money down on the lease....you have to explain and watch what the dealer does carefully.
  • storm10storm10 Posts: 175
    "sorry, but that last information is wrong.

The residual value is based on the MSRP of the car. Other fees that are rolled into a lease such as the origination fee, maintenance fee,.....are paid in full over the life of the lease. Those fees are not residualized..... It's just a question of whether you want to pay them now, or spread the cost out.
    ".

With all due respect. There are numbers of items that can be residualized in the lease. MB pre-paid maintenance is one of them. That's why it's wise to include it in the lease upfront, because you save money! Just make sure the prepaid maintance is original Mercedes and not aftermarket. You can not residualize aftermarket services.