Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,864
    I am on the east coast ,Philadelphia my car is coming in this week too.The ship unloads in Baltimore hope to have it next week

Just found out from my dealer that the launch date for the 2014's has been pushed back to next Monday, April 23rd. There are 100's awaiting shipment from Jacksonville, FL, to southeast dealerships. Here in the southeastern United States, the port of entry is Brunswick Georgia. From there, most cars are transported to Jacksonville for "get ready" services and additions before being trucked out. The port of Jacksonville cannot handle the huge cargo ships that Mercedes uses because the channel leading to the port is not deep enough.

My dealer expects to have about 20 of the new E350 Sport Sedan by Monday. Mine is due at my dealership on April 26th. Can't wait to see it.

Good luck with your new 2014 E Class Mercedes.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• ghstudioghstudio Posts: 968
    I have a 2011 P2 BluTec on a 24 month. 12K/yr lease which ends in August. The residual on the car is roughly $45K. Compare that to the trade in value being offered on the car and you have another strong argument for leasing if you turn cars over in short periods (which I do). Purchase is NOT always the least expensive way to drive a car.....

You really have to look closely at residuals..what mercedes (or other dealer) thinks their car will be worth and ask yourself it that makes sense. When I leased the MB, I was pretty confident that the car would not be worth anywhere near $45K...so the decision to lease was easy.
    You really have to look closely at residuals

You will get no argument from me regarding "checking residuals first" before buying. Money factors play an important role as well along with the number of miles you put on a car every two years.

I don't lease cars because I get in and out of them so quickly. However, if I was to keep a car for two years or more, I would definitely consider leasing, as you suggest.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• ealazarusealazarus Posts: 23
    Of course, you must also take into consideration the "Acquisition" fee as well as the "End of Lease" fee in the equation.

Also, in some states, e.g., here in Texas, You pay sales tax on the entire cap cost of the lease but get nothing back upon lease termination.

For this reason I purchased rather than leased my current car for the first time in 32 years.

Elliot
    For this reason I purchased rather than leased my current car for the first time in 32 years.

Each and every situation is unique and different. For some, leasing is the best choice - for others, purchasing is the best choice. Yes, you must take into consideration any end of lease fees as well as the fact that you are paying a lease acquisition fee.

mbusa.com just posted the new E Class Sedans with all the specs, colors, options and pictures. Worth your time to visit the site to see what's new!

• cdl1213cdl1213 Posts: 15
    my car is in picking it up monday deales says he has 11 on hand
    edited April 2013

Sounds exciting! Mine arrived at the port today. I expect to take delivery next week sometime.

Let me know if you get any incentives, financing and/or significant discounts. I haven't seen anything yet on the 2014's.

• mcwussowmcwussow Posts: 1
    Looking for a 2013 E350 Sedan. Black, P1 package. Ideally, leather seats, Panoramic Sunroof and Key-less Go but not absolutely necessary. Would consider a 2013 with low miles or even a 2012.

What incentives are out there? Shall I wait for the 2014's to arrive so that the 2013's want to be cleared out? What prices should I be looking at?
    What incentives are out there? Shall I wait for the 2014's to arrive so that the 2013's want to be cleared out? What prices should I be looking at?

Most of the 2013's are gone by now. The 2014's are on dealer lots. Most incentives were last month. If a dealer has one, better grab it before there are none. The only incentives available were $4000 last month.

Black should not be hard to find.

Good luck.

Just got an email from my dealership - my car arrived there this evening. I'm going up there tomorrow morning and if thing work out, I'll drive it home. If not, may wait until after May 1st to find out about USAA pricing and incentives.

let me know how you make out goodluck
    let me know how you make out goodluck

I went up to my dealership this morning, but the car they thought was mine was not the right car. Mine is due at the dealership on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. They had one on the showroom floor in a Sport Sedan, Iridium Silver (the color i ordered) w/black interior. Mine will have gray leather interior. Boy, it was beautiful. The rear bumper is all new with gorgeous chrome dual exhausts and of course the front grille and front end is all newly redesigned. The new dashboard is stupendous.

Mine will have Ventilated heated/cooled seats, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Keyless Go Package, Wheel Locks, Comfort Box, Wood Steering Wheel, AMG Wheels, Rear Spoiler, Lane Keeping Assist with Blind Spot Monitor, etc. MSRP will be $64,450.

USAA has a $1500 incentive and I have a MBCA (Mercedes Benz Club of America) coupon for another $1000. Can't wait to get mine next week.

let me know how you make out good luck...

I also found out that Mercedes Benz Financial incentivized their loan rates for buyers with tier 1 credit (750+ Beacon Score). Up to 60 months, with electronic direct withdrawal from your checking account for monthly payments, 2.74% rate with a minimum of $15,000 loan. That really is a good rate for 60 months.

I have not decided yet if I will finance or not, but 2.75% is very tempting.

That Sport Package really looks sharp on that car. They sure have made the car a great looker.

I just hope the new electronic power steering does not take away from its outstanding handling and cornering. The Eco start/stop feature can be turned off by pressing a dash button. On very heavy traffic, I would shut it off - starting and stopping the engine frequently can't be good for an engine. Will have to see once I drive the car a few thousand miles.

I sure am getting excited about taking delivery on a day or two.

Picked my 2014 e class sport today Its beautiful. It is black with silk beige interior sport steering wheel amg rims 4 matic. Dealer threw in rubber floor mats wheel locks and amg door pins car drives great looks great too. dealer allowed me to take comfort box out of my 2012 e class and put it in the new one sticker was 61475 he knocked it down to 53500, this is my fourth car from him i have referred many customers and will do the same in the future
    2012 e class and put it in the new one sticker was 61475 he knocked it down to 53500,

That is a discount of over $8000, or $4000 below "invoice. On a newly redesigned car. that is a phenominal price. There has to be some incentive money available, or something. I can't believe they would sell a brand new 2014, just in the US market for a few days, for a $4000 below invoice price.

I would be interested in finding out if there was any incentive money in that deal (there had to be) in order to arrive at that price. I've bought 8 cars from my dealer in the last 6 years, and I am not getting anything like that pricing.

I checked with my dealer on the phone a few minutes ago, and he told me that he could not sell a car for that much below invoice, even with USAA pricing and the Mercedes Benz Club of America special coupon. He said he would be losing too much money.

Double check to see if there was incentive money available.

Good luck with the new car - it is an amazing vehicle.

I am willing to fax you the sticker then the final figures
  • gpp2gpp2 Posts: 6
    edited April 2013
    cdl1213,
    Is your dealer willing to do a similar deal to anything he has in stock? I am a serious buyer.
    Is your dealer willing to do a similar deal to anything he has in stock? I am a serious buyer.

If you mean will he sell me or you a car for $4000 below invoice, the answer is no - unless you qualify for the USAA Pricing incentives and you are a member of the Mercedes Benz Club of America and have a coupon in hand.

Even I can't get a price like $8000 below sticker or $4000 below invoice.

• gpp2gpp2 Posts: 6
    What does it take to qualify for USAA incentive?
    with no disrespect to you idid get this deal. Over the last 12 months i have referred many people to this dealership and they have sold 9 new mercedes to my friends and 4 new or used to my family count my cars in to that total and maybe you could understand why i got this and you cant
    What does it take to qualify for USAA incentive?

You have to be a member of USAA. To do this, you or an immediate family member must either be a veteran or an active military member. You need to have an active insurance policy with them.

Contact USAA to find out how or if you qualify for membership.

with no disrespect to you idid get this deal. Over the last 12 months i have referred many people to this dealership and they have sold 9 new mercedes to my friends and 4 new or used to my family count my cars in to that total and maybe you could understand why i got this and you cant

I hav purchased 8 Mercedes vehicles from my dealership as well as referred over 20 family members and friends who have bought cars there.

You are not being disrespectful - I will be buying my car for $2500 under invoice because of fleet discounts I get, USAA discounts and Mercedes Benz Club of America coupons. But without those incentives to be able to get $4000 under invoice is truly remarkable. Your dealership will lose $4000 on that deal. Remarkable!

• Hi,

Does anyone know what the Dealer cost is (in percentage under invoice) ? I know that invoice is 7% under MSRP, but like BMW, the effective dealer cost has to be lower than invoice.

I am trying to price out a European Delivery on a 2014 E350 and since MB does not have a straight forward EU invoice like BMW, knowing the dealer profit will help me make a fair deal.

Any help is appreciated!
    Any help is appreciated!

If you take MSRP of the vehicle, subtract transportation costs, the multiply the remaining number by .935, you will be right on target.

I dont know if you are aware that the dealer buys the car from the manufacturer. The quicker he sells them the less interest is paid by the dealerMy dealer has 3 seperate dealerships through out the Philadelphia area.Because he sellsin volume he can make deals like this to preferred customers.I never said everyone gets deals like this but I did
    Wow! This is truly an exquisite sedan for the "8 percenters" willing and able to pay the high prices that contribute 50% of the auto industry profits.

I am very aware of invoice, dealer cost, interest on floor plans - I was a sales manager in two different dealerships - and I would never, ever sell a car for $4000 under my net cost - NEVER. EVER!

No matter how you look at it, it is the same - you bought a car from a dealer - a brand new - newly redesigned Mercedes Benz E Class sedan for $4000 under invoice.

If that's what you paid , then you got the deal of a lifetime! But no one else can buy that car for what you paid for it.

I have nothing more to say about your cost or deal!

SOUNDS LIKE SOUR GRAPES
  • bzjambzjam Posts: 11
    Wow. It seems that mike and I had this conversation a couple years ago when I bought my 2012 for $7300 off msrp and my 2013 for $8600 off msrp with no incentives. The deals are out there to be had. You just have to build the right relationships and be patient. I'm sure I'll be getting a 2014 with a similiar discount.
    Thank you bzjam I guess mike does not now how dealers operate .Maybe that is why he is not in the car biz now