Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,865
    How much, at least discounts should I get ?

My suggestion is to build your exact car here on Edmunds. Add the options and packages you want. Edmunds will show you the MSRP, the invoice and what a decent deal would be for that car.

Take the invoice and a copy of the report Edmunds created for you to your preferred dealership. Offer them invoice for the car. They have incentives from MBUSA and if you are steadfast in hour approach, buying the car for invoice should be very realistic.

The average invoice is 7% below MSRP.

USAA has special pricing as well. If you are a veteran, you can join USAA. Once you have a membership card, you can go into the dealership and get up to $2500 off invoice.

But without fleet discounts like USAA, you should be able to get one at invoice.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• Thank you so much for all your info.
  • Wow, $11k off? Are we talking we abut 2014 E350? that's nearly 20% off.
    Are you serious? I would fly there if you are seriously getting that price...lol.
    Thanks.
  • I am very serious. I have the quotes in writing from the dealers. The lowest discount that I was quoted was at Keyes European at $9,000.00 off a $59,200.00 vehicle. All of my quotes were on a purchase, not a lease. The lease incentives were $2,000.00 less. Again, Oct. 1 the incentives changed so that pricing may be gone?
  • Man! Thanks. I am gonna call them and see. if the deal is still good, I am flying there. lol...
  • Pricing from Lowest to highest

I don't know if you are serious but here is the info

MB of Encino - Pat - internet manager
    Fletcher Jones Mercedes
    MB of Long Beach - Dez - internet
    Keyes European -

All but Keyes - discounting over $10K
  • utc2utc2 Posts: 42
    Thanks pingpong30 for posting the local SoCal dealers who provided the best deals in September. If anyone hears about incentives this month in SoCal can then pass that information along as well. Thanks in advance.

I plan on purchasing an E250 between now and the end of the year and have heard that the winter sales event offers the best incentives historically, however I'm not sure if its going to get any lower than 20% off MSRP as it was in SoCal last month.
  • Hi, I am thinking about starting negotiations by email on an E350 ... Since you got great results would you mind sharing how you started your negotiation emails?

Thanks in advance :)
  • pricing as I can. Being on this board is one way of finding out what others are paying. I then call a dealership to find out what dealer, lease and retail incentives are available. With that information, I will call a dealer and speak to the fleet department. It important that you talk to someone that can make a decision, not a pre-screener, so ask to be transferred to the manager.

From there, get a quote in writing by email. With that information in writing, you can use it to email to other managers in the fleet or internet departments to beat the price. You may have to call the dealership to get them to send you an email with the price. The salesman will try to get you to come into the dealership before giving you the best price, and if that happens just say that you are not going to waste your time coming in unless you have something in writing. That usually gets them to send an email. I was just called by the Mercedes dealer in Long Beach that the Mercedes retail and lease incentives are the same for Oct 2013, so pricing should be the same as last month. Use my info to negotiate a deal in your area. Incentives may be different in your region, so pricing may be a bit different, so do the best that you can.
  • Thank you so much for the response.

Do those prices include a USAA discount or something similar or could I use USAA on top of those prices?

Thank you again in advance.
  • i checked one dealer, i think the leasing incentive remains at $3k
  • I don't know...I got about $8k off MSRP, and before I take delivery in a few weeks, I'm trying to push for $10k off MSRP. Everyone thinks I'm nuts when I ask for $11k+. I know I can do $9k because I currently have a quote in writing.

What are you doing to get $11k? Also, are you sure those quotes are legit? Some shadier dealerships like to give out low quotes to get the person in the door.
  • nancy80nancy80 Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    Your lowest was at Keyes at $9k? You just said a few messages ago that your lowest was at Encino ($11k+), and I believe the numbers you used were:

MSRP: $59,200.00
    Cash Price: $47,370.00

Guy, are you for real or just throwing around misinformation?
  • Nancy. Keyes was the most expensive quote giving me the lowest dollar discount. The quote in your email was sent to me in an email from the internet manager at MB of Encino. This was for an in stock vehicle. I did not buy the vehicle so it is possible that the salesman was playing me, but I doubt it.
    I don't care if you believe me or not. All of the information shared by me is completely accurate and in writing from the various dealers.

E 250 Diesels 2014 are also being discounted over $10K. Call Dez at MB of Long Beach for a quote. His quote for the E250 D is also in writing.

Each person has a different level of negotiating ability, and each and every dealer has different discount policies that they follow. So, my experience and price quotes may be very different from yours. If you call the dealers that I contacted and ask for the pricing that I received, (on a purchase not a lease), the pricing should be the same.
  • those numbers are from Encino. and yes, if you were to do a purchase/finance( not lease), those numbers are possible as MBUSA has an extra $2000 incentive for buying, $5k vs $3k lease

also on a side note: for certain profession, you might want to check with your employer/HR dept, there are corporate fleet discount which you can get thru your company website which allows you to get an MBUSA fleet voucher with one time use control number to be presented at point of purchase/lease for additional discount.
  • Fair enough. Thanks for the response. As additional information - i just received in writing $10k off msrp (from multiple high volume highly rated dealerships). maybe $11k is possible....?
  • nicely put. just want to add, in any/most retail environment, the price will vary depending on many factors, such inventory and pace of sales. plus, there are usually min of 2 and more internet contact, who will give you different price quotes.

I just want to thank you for all the time and effort for the info you provided here
  • is that for purchase, or lease? thank you
  • for purchase
  • which dealers? thx
  • Thank you so much for the response.

Do those prices include a USAA discount or something similar or could I use USAA on top of those prices?

Also, do you know if the USAA discount can be used as my drive off fees in place of cash?

Thank you again in advance.
  • I really don't know how USAA works since they have recently restricted its use to members, and I am not a member.
  • Thank you so much for sharing your precious info. I want to ask you one more thing. My wife

likes the E350 but I love the new 2014 CLA 250 too. The MSRP is about 40,000. On this one,

hou much d/c do you think I can get? lol.. Thanks again
  • I don't know. I would doubt there is a huge discount as it appears that there is a large demand for them right now. The Edmund's forum on the CLA may have some info on pricing.

I would read the reviews, sight lines are not good, rough ride and a few other negatives.

I had a new E 320 Cab many years ago and got rid of it after 6 months because it was impossible to see out of the back window. It was really annoying.

I would drive it and see if these issues bother you.
  • Thank you so much once again, PingPong30!
  • hannabhannab Posts: 21
    Would any be able to tell me the October finance rate is for new car purchase?
    I currently have a MBFS lease, if loyalty factors in.
    Thanks
  • Anyone know of a Texas MB dealership offering pricing discounts similar to that of So Cal, for a purchase? I live in the DFW area, but will travel for the right deal. I've been told that MB doesn't allow dealerships to do interstate vehicle sales? Thanks in advance for the advice.
  • why not email few LA dealers and see if they would sell you the car? this way you know for sure, and may be get a great deal. if they would, you can also fly to socal, and drive the car home
  • ht123ht123 Posts: 1
    I just get the 2014 E350 sport 4matic ; palladium silver w/ black MB-tex; w/ prem 1 package, split -folding rear seat; keyless-Go; power tilt/sliding panorama sunroof; lane tracking package ; blind spot A: sub total 62,385 + destination fee 925 Total: $63,310.00 and $10K off the price is 53,310 + tax.

From our area dealer.

Is this a good buy??

ht
  • I called MB of Encino and spoke with Salesman Pat. He informed me that he could not sale a new MB to an out of state customer.