Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• coccacocca Posts: 7
    I just posted above and have found another car and alternate to the RWD. A dealer has a 2002 E430 4-matic, w/33k miles, navigation, cd changer, leather heated seats, integrated phone, xenon lights w/washers for $33,500 w/another year on the 1yr/100k Starmark Warranty. It's dark blue w/beige inside.

Is that a good deal? Is it better for me than the RWD 2003 E320 above?

really, really -> :confuse:
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    Cocca, I have a 2000 E430 sport RWD... and I've had trouble in the snow/ice even with traction control. I would think an 4x4 suv would work better for you. My 2002 ML500 is AWD and I can go anywhere at anytime, I feel invincible when driving it.

As you know, the 2002E-class is the 'previous' style. The 2003 is the new style and had a few teething pains. I think they came out with electric brakes on that model. Someone here will probably chime-in with the correct info.

Whatever you pick, with a 25 degree grade in snowy weather, it has to be an AWD vehicle of some type.

Mark
    Miyme, I just don't understand your offer. :confuse: You made a higher than MSRP offer on a year-end 2005 unit and they wouldn't take it? You must be leaving out something. Sounds like your offer was very generous to me. From what I have seen, these cars on not pulling MSRP.

Let us know what you decide to do.

Mark :D
  • miymemiyme Posts: 6
    this was at fletcher-jones in newport beach, ca. the MSRP was 43888....with taxes, lic, fees and interest they wanted 63,000 plus....i felt this was absurd!! especially since the car had 8500 miles on it already....the final negotiated price was 50,000 otd...i still felt this was too high was i right?
    hi mark,

no i didn't actually the MSRP was 43888, i offered 43,000 otd (incld tax, fees, interest etc)....the sales mgr went "ballistic" and commenced to yelling at me and demanded to know where I got such an asinine figure to offer them...i maintained my cool....told him that i was not accustomed to begging people to 'take' my money and left!! i am now looking for another dealership in the socal area (this was newport beach, ca. btw)
  • Good Luck. I'm in Atlanta and the dealerships here basically told me they wouldn't sell me a car, because they couldn't make money off of me. They wanted 10K over the value of the 2004 E320's that are breaking every 2K miles. I did the interview with TIME magazine regarding my experience, read it online at TIME.com and type in mercedes and it will pull up. The reporter was really nice, but, I still can't find a dealership that's fair. They still want that bogus $489 documentation fee, guess there are not enough educated consumers and they don't know what to do when they find one. Look at bimmers, I am.
  • You have your numbers mixed up. The "MSRP" could not have been $43888. Base MSRP on a 2005 E320 was $49220 including destination without any options. With the most common options like sunroof, CD, etc you are up in the low to mid fifties, and thats before taxes etc. Perhaps you are meaning "selling price". Otherwise, your numbers just don't make any sense and are certainly way below the actual MSRP.
    Miyme, I was just over at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach about a month ago. While my ML500 was being serviced, I looked over the lot and they have a huge inventory. I think they are known for the "highest" volume Mercedes dealer in the country.

So I'm thinking you meant to say "Invoice" instead of MSRP, right?

If Fletcher won't deal with you, there is a Mercedes dealer in Laguna Niguel and Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad and Penske Mercedes near Ontario (I think), so, you have a choice.

Good luck, Mark
  • Stormybmw

what dealer did you get the $4800 off invoice.
    Can you provide tips or steps to negotiate such a great deal?
    Names of the people you worked with?

your name?

thanks andrew
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,906
    No dealership personnel names in the forums please.. Dealership name, city and state are fine, but that is it..

Thanks,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

yes, mark you're right actually...it wasn't msrp...it was "selling" price...the vehicle had 8400 miles on it so they were selling it used...however, i was saying with that selling price they were trying make me take it otd for $63,000....so my point was wasn't that too high??
  • MBUSA is aggresively advertising lease deals on E350 & 4matic. Dealers are also getting $3000 back from manufacturer. How much can you negotiate with dealer on selling price before you lease. E350 4matic is advertised for 569/month,10000 miles/year & 2900 cap cost reduction.
    Thanks
  • My friend just leased E500 4Matic with premium package & appearance package($68,000). His lease deal was like this. 1st month payment +Bank fees(895)+Reg.+Document fees=$2200.
    His monthly payments were 750/month tax included for NJ for 39 months. How is this deal? Can I do better than this?
  • shopping prices for a purchase. Now Manuf has provided $3,000 additional support.
    Would Invoice minus $3,000 be a fair price?
    miyme, I've been away from this site... Looks like to me that $63,000 is too high for a car with 8,400 miles. Let us know if you find another one at a better price.

Mark :)
  • hey! can you give name of dealrship & phone #

i am also intersted in 06 350 4matic
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,906
    No phone numbers.. Please read the message in RED letters....

thanks,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

hi mark,

i have been away awhile myself, well last negotiated price otd on the same vehilce 05 w/ 8400 miles was 50,000....as you can see i didn't bite now they're begging me to return...if all else fails i'll just settle for the infiniti m45!! ;)
  • byumbyum Posts: 13
    I'm finalizing the deal tomorrow when the car arrives. Any comments on this deal I got? Thanks

2006 E350
    - Premium Package
    - Sports Package
    - Lighting Package
    - ParkTronic

MSRP: $58345
    Price Negotiated: $48850 ($6000 below Invoice)
    Drive off: $3000
    Lease Term: 39 months
    Miles: 12k / year
    Payment: $605 including tax
  • Here's the deal I got.

MSRP $58,800
    Price $50,000
    Drive off 0 ( except for 1st month and registration)
    39 months lease
    15K miles per year
    Payment $675 (tax included - california)
  • byumbyum Posts: 13
    Is that with the same options?
  • here are the options:

DVD Comand navigation
    Entertainment pkg
    Appearance pkg
    Sunroof pkg
  • What dealership did you get this deal at? I would like to purchase one this weekend
  • Penske in Covina
  • Wow!
    This is great price. Where (in what state) did you get this price?
    The best price I've got thus far is $49,300 with premium pkg 4-matic, which is suppposed to be $3700 below invoice.
    :surprise:
  • edspider1edspider1 Posts: 195
    I just ordered a new E from mercedes of hoffman estates in Illinois. I buy a new car almost every 2 years and this is by far the best buying experience. My sales rep was honest, knowledgeable and not pushy. Because it's the end of the year the 2006, I accepted 3.5% over invoice less any dealer incentives. In my case the dealer incentives pretty much meant I got the car at invoice. I ordered the E350 RWD with a tad over $8K of options.
  • vssvss Posts: 4
    Hi guys,
    I am trading in my Audi S4 cab (2 kids now) and the wife is getting a white E 350 4matic with the premium package and Bi-Xenon lights. I talked the dealership in Hartford CT, and they gave me a lease rate of $628 including tax (I am paying $5000 upfront to cover the first payment, acquisition costs etc) for 39 months, and 15k miles. Is this a good deal? I will probably buy the vehicle after the lease is up with the residual being 59% they said $33786 (which I have to confirm, it seems high). Or they said I could have the car for purchase at $51712, and the MSRP is $57500 (roughly). What do you all think of the offer?
    Thanks
    Vik
  • I am also looking to buy a new E350 4matic AWD. Vik, you mentioned at the end that you were offered a purchase for $51712 with an MSRP $5700. If this was for an up-front purchase, it represents approx $1300 below Invoice. Can you confirm this? Also, should I be able to negotiate a better price if I am leasing compared to outright purchase? - because I notice that the lease deals look significantly better than the purchase deals with regard to the Invoice Price. I'm favoring a purchase and I just want to get a feel what would be a realistic price to pay? FYI, I live in Maryland. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rob
  • This one is 2005 AWD with keyless entry, xenon? lights, ventilated seats, cd changer, MSRP $70K available for $59K, vs E500 RWD 2006 (w/o keyless or ventilated seats) MSRP 64K available for $62---deal or not?

Thanks, C
  • vssvss Posts: 4
    The MSRP on my car with premium and bixenon lights with washers was 57500, my dealership gave me a deal for $55300, which I refused and after doing some research on this forum and others on the net I told them $50k, and we settled on $51.7k. I ended up leasing, as they have a ridiculously high residual of $33k for the car after 39mos, with 15k miles/year. I know I can get a E350 4matic in 2009 with 50k miles for less than 33k, so my lease was based on the reduced price, with the same high residual. I would say that 5-9k off MSRP is a good place to be. I was actually impressed, before I never got more than 1-2k off any MB. The dealer told me they sold out of their 2006 S class because they had a "sale" offering up to 7k off MSRP. I think they were making room for the new S.
    Vik