Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,121
    If that is the case (4 month pull-ahead for January), then that is not too bad considering your situation. Last month would have been better for you, though. But take advantage of this pull-ahead program as soon as you can prior to the end of the month. This weekend would be a perfect time to get a great deal, and Monday or Tuesday even better. But you need to locate a car in the color that you want.

Remember, there is a $2000 incentive for this month also, which can be used for cap cost reduction (and pick up at least some more of your remaining payments). $699 a month, plus tax, plus whatever remaining payments you have is not bad for a $62000+ vehicle.

I know you are aware that you are between a rock and a hard place with mileage costing you a fortune now (probably 25 cents a mile, if not more). So you really need to get out of your car ASAP.

As long as you are a little flexible with color and interior, you should be able to get something. Down here in Floida, we have lots of convertibles on the lots, but up north, where you are, convertible inventory is probably going to be a little slim, to be sure.

Whatever you decide, let us know how you make out! Good Luck!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• Am in N Carolina. Anybody have recommendations for Best price? Don't mind traveling a bit if the deal is worth while. I imagine that there will be new incentives after Feb 1. Have 2011 E350 Sport with only 5,000 mi. on it. Have read about all the good buying prices but what about the "trade in " prices? Do not have any financing w/MB. Am a USAA member. Their site shows dealer cost LESS $3000 or about $6000 off MSRP. Am also an MBCA member which qualifies me for an additional $1000.

Appreciate any info on deals after Feb 1. I am patient an have the time to shop. What is the feeling on Distronic? As I am 81 this will probably be my last MB so I am thinking of saftey matters. Have owned 26 MB's beginning w/280SL in 1971.

Under the circumstances am considering factory ordering to get EXACTLY what I want. Comments appreciated. Thanks
    If you can get $4000 under invoice, jump at it! Ordering from factory will take 6 - 8 weeks and, by that time, USAA can change, which is what happened to me. Pricing went from $3000 below to $2000. Also, remember that you cannot bundle any other incentives with USAA pricing. Only MB Financial incentive can be used with USAA, which I was able to get.

So, what more are you expecting to get? USAA and Mercedes pre-establish the selling price, which is a great price and you state you can get another $1000 off. If I was in your shoes, I run, not walk to nearest dealership. Also, there is a 1.9% rate for 36 months on a loan with MB Financial. Once you get a loan or lease with them, there is always an additional incentive available on your next Benz.

GOOD LUCK!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

I traded my 2011 sport with 5000 miles on it in October and got $44500 in real dollars for it. I would expect $40000 to $42000 for your car at this point if it is extra clean.

You can check this out on Edmunds or kbb.com

• Not exactly sure how to reply to you directly but I just bought a new Merc from MB of S. Charlotte from Nance. I checked literally all over the country and got the best price from her. I'm over in Raleigh. If all you care about is price S. Charlotte is the place to go. I have no personal interest in promoting the place.
    Since this gentleman, who is in his 80's, cannot get a lower price because a dealer cannot reduce the price any more (remember, the price cannot be negotiated), what kind of better deal can be get? Remember, he cannot combine any incentives with the USAA pricing (except for the MB Financial incentive which he does not qualify for).

I'd send him to my dealer too, but they would have to give him the same deal he would get from his local dealer. I agree with you that, as things stand, what advice can we offer?

The only flexibility he has is in his trade. His job is to find a dealership who will give him the most for his 2011 E350 sport.

• Has anyone aggressively priced the 350 cabrio in NY or nj? Any thoughts on what the best I can do might be on a 65k msrp with nothing down and taxes rolled into the lease?
  • lawcarlawcar Posts: 81
    and I'm very happy with my E350. It rides great, looks great and I've learned almost all of the gizmos and gadgets that I need.
    Glad to hear it! Knew you would! Hope your great ownership experiences continue to provide many years of enjoyment and satisfaction. I sure am enjoying mine!

• I love my new E350 Sport 4matic. The cuprite brown has turned lots of heads. It rides like a dream but has the power to get the job done when necessary. Now its time for my toy the new boxster 2013. The contrast will allow me to appreciate my E 350 even more. Plus the local Benz dealer gives me free car washes whenever I need them. :) :)
  • lawcarlawcar Posts: 81
    Funny you should mention that. I had a Boxster as a loaner a few years ago, and loved the car. The convertible was great, and I drove around with top down all the time in January in Los Angeles. My wife hated the car; it was too low and hard to get into, and rode rough. When I was recently looking for a new car, my wife suggested I get the Boxster since I liked it so much (she really meant it, and just said that we would ride in her Lexus RX330 when we went out together). However, while I loved the Boxster, I don't think it would be practical as a daily car, and can't get one right now as a weekend car. Maybe in the future though.
    That's one of the best perks of owning a new Mercedes Benz- those complimentary car washes. I get one every week and enjoy the complimentary bagels and cream cheese, donuts and their great assortments of gourmet coffees. They sure know how to treat their customers. Got a carwash this morning after voting in the primary. Boy, you should have seen the voter turnout at the polls!

• As a member of MBCA I can get their certificate for $1000 AND combine it with USAA. I did this on my last new car purchase. Last Aug USAA had $4000 and MBCA had $1000. These CAN BE COMBINED. If any of you are not a member of MBCA you are leaving $1000 behind every time you buy..In the last 3-4 years I have received a total of $4500 from them.

Thanks for the info on dealers. You are absolutely right that the only other advantage is getting the most $ for your trade in.

If anyone needs more info on MBCA (mercedes benz club of america) let me know.
    Interesting that you mentioned MBCA. I just joined recently mainly so I could get that $1000 certificate to use on my next car. You must be a paid up member, who is active for at least one full year at the time of the printing of the certificate. I wasn't sure about the ability to bundle this with USAA and the MB Financial incentive, but you said you have used it in conjunction with USAA . Definitely worth the 3 year membership dues of $139.

• Greasy and Mike,

Glad to hear you're members of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America (full disclosure, I work here). $1,000 discount off a new Benz is AWESOME! Check our site for other discounts at four-star hotels, on collector car insurance, Craftsmen Tools and more, all FREE with your membership. You'll save a bundle!

Lisa J.
    Just read that Mbrace is being significantly upgraded on the 2012 and 2013 vehicles (S class sedans and E class). For more info, go to MBUSA.com and click on Mbrace once you've signed in. If you have not yet registered for owners online, it's easy. All you need is your VIN and complete the registration. There are many benefits, none of which cost money.

Rather than list the major upgrades here, just read about it there. Obviously, these upgrades will not be available to those of us who already bought our cars.

• ghstudioghstudio Posts: 920
    edited February 2012
    The site says that mbrace 2 will be a standard feature...does that mean the hardware is standard and for it to work, you have to subscribe as you do today...i have mbrace as standard in my car but I don't subscribe. There are some interesting new features, if it is actually standard...and how does it connect to the internet and at what cost.

Note: comand 4.5 already has internet connectivity built in, but it's turned off by Mercedes. It is designed to connect using bluetooth tethering using your phone. Will the new mbrace provide it's own connectivity? at what price? Lots of questions. For now, it's phantomware marketing.
    ghstuid, I don't know if I would use "...it's phantomware marketing..." to describe what they are trying to do. I know you are negative about Mbrace, and I agree with some of your comments - especially the cost - it is not a small investment for a product and service like that - however they are no more expensive than most of the other in-vehicle services offered by other manufacturers.

Too bad I have a new iphone, as I sure would like to be able to use the internet through bluetooth on my car's screen when I am not driving, of course.

Just thought I would bring this to the attention of forum watchers - sounded like a nice improvement.

As for phantomware advertising, your prejudices are showing! Keep up the great sharing info - I sure learn alot from your experiences and opinions.

• Spoke w/MB dealer (not my local) yesterday who told me that the have been told that the 2013 E Class would be released this coming July. Anyone else have any news?
    If you go to Benzonly.com you will find out more info on any upcoming changes. They are usually the first ones to post upcoming changes. I'll let you know if I find out anything!