Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I live in Boca and have NEVER gotten a good deal from ANY of the Autonation owned MB dealerships. We ended up going to Palm Beach Mercedes which is a different owner. They are fantastic and we used them again this week to lease an C for me and an E for my husband.

They prices for leasing were dramatic, more than $100 diff a month and always pushed to put money down which we never do.

PB was such a pleasure, my salesman 3 years ago did well by us again, Fred Fisher. Everything done via email only had to sign & drive away on delivery.
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,469
    Congratulations on youir new Mercedes. We all have positive and negative experiences at dealerships, unfortunately. I live about 5 miles south of you in Coconut Creek and tried to buy my 2012 E Class from them, but with a poor result. The same was true at their sister dealership in Pompano Beach. I have had great experiences with Mercedes of Delray, though. I've purchased 6 cars from them for me and my family in the past 3 years, and have found them outstanding. I am sure you tried them since they are the closest dealership to Boca Raton.

Sounds like you had a great experience in Palm Beach - also a good dealership from my experiences, but too far for me to travel - 30-40 miles or so. You might want to give Delray Mercedes Service a visit. I've had great experiences in servicing my cars there. Remember, you can service your Mercedes at any Mercedes Dealership - and their service department is huge.

Best of luck and enjoy!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• This last lease I tried all of them again and again no one could touch PB. It's a drive for us too about 40 mintues but we only go once to sign the deal.

I always service my car at Delray and the service department has been great. I admit I look for the color/options at the dealership closest to me then I give my guy the color/option package I want and do the deal via email.

I email all the internet salespeople and give them the opportunity to present their best deal without disclosing my lowest. I don't think it's fair to give the deal to someone else who only will undercut after I tell them my lowest price.
  • robertw477robertw477 Posts: 179
    I also live in Coconut Creek and contacted Palm Beach through the Costco program. They claim with the Costco program and 3K incentive I can save alot on a lease. If I may ask what are you paying on the E-Class lease?

Robert
    You sound alot like me in how you have leased cars. I never leased from MB but I have done things in a similar fashion. I narrow the car I want and try to be very specific about options wanted. Many years ago the internet was more of a novelty and salespeople were more responsive. These days it can yield mixed results. Often a salesperson will mention that another dealer can try to lowball or undercut any quoted price to get the sale. I always tell them if they dont give me a price, then they cant get the sale from me no matter what. After your comments about Coco creek and Pompano I will only consider PB if I get an MB. Considering the E350 with the Premium 1 package
    You should give Delray Mercedes a shot. They are just east of I-95 on Linton Blvd. Best dealership of all the Autonation-owned dealerships. See John Bradley, the sales manager, and mention Mike from Coconut Creek. You'll get your best price and best servicing.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

I don't lease cars anymore, I buy them. My 2012 E350 Sport with P2, ventilated seats, dynamic driver's seat (massage, etc.), rear spoiler, Wheel package and leather listed for 62,325. I am a member of USAA and was able to get invoice less 2000, plus the MB financial incentive (the only incentive available with USAA) for 2000. That put the final l price at 54K. Great dealership (Delray) and great management.

• Hi Robert,

Here is the breakdown:

MSRP: $55975

Incentives & discounts: $8375
    dealer discount: 4875
    MB loyalty: 2000
    cap discount: 1500

Base cap: 47,600

total cap: $50,064 includes bank fee, dealer fee

residual: 61% $34,144.75
    money factor: .00189

33 months, 15k miles/yr- no money down except 1st months payment & fees= $940.52

I got him to throw in 3 year prepaid maintenance & window tint. Also, lowered payment to $670.00 tax in.
    USAA members can still get a new E350 sedan for about $2000 below dealer invoice. And if you have a current MB Financial lease or loan, you can combine another $2000 incentive bringing the pricing to $4000 below invoice - nice price for a quality luxury automobile.

Definitely worth taking advantage of.

Most dealers still have conquest money available if you currently own/lease a qualifying competitors brand so don't forget to insist on that conquest money after you've negotiated your best price.

• kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    I was just offered the following. E-350 Sport. With leather. With premium Package 1 and a few other minor things like lane tracking. They told me sticker was 59K on the car. With the Costco program $1500.00 above invoice and the Conquest program -$3000.00 they came up with this lease
    33 months/12K miles/756 a month plus TAX. $1100 up front covers first plus tax. The MB $795.00 bank fee was not mentioned. I asked about MSD on this lease and he said It might reduce it a little since the interest rates are very low right now. He mentioned single payment lease might reduce it, but only by a little cost. European delivery he said was 7% over dealer invoice? The claim was that this lease would be less than European delivery. I m also considering BMW to see what the offer. Any thoughts? Robert
  • Costco auto site lists, "Now through April 30, 2012..... conquest buyers can receive up to $4,000 cash back on select 2012 models.".
    Anyone know what the amount is for the E wagon?
    Thanks
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Thanks. I cnecked Costoauto.com and no rebates or incentives are listed for Mercedes. I may have been on the wrong page. Do you have a link?
  • vicmacvicmac Posts: 9
    Anybody have the most recent sale prices for 2012 E350? trying to see how much off MSRP are others getting. Thx
    There is really very little in the way of incentives directly from Mercedes.

If you are a member of USAA, you can get the car for invoice less $2000. If you currently have a lease or a loan with Mercedes Benz Financial, there is another $2000 cash incentive.

Invoice of the car can be determined by building your car on Edmunds, with the exact equipment you want.

I believe there is still a little conquest money available, depending upon the dealership - the bigger the dealership, the better chance they still have some conquest money available.

Hope this helped

• vicmacvicmac Posts: 9
    Thx abacomike, I am not a member of USAA but have a conquest trade-in, offers are around 2500 under invoice without much negotiation, I am not sure if I want to push for more...
  • I've been checking and available supply is very low in my area (east coast) so there's not a lot of negotiating leverage for specific cars.
    I received an offer on a E350, with
    Premium
    Rear spoiler
    folding rear seats
    sport package
    heated front seats
    MSRP: $55705
    Offer: $52733 includes fees, taxes and my USAA discount
    I'm not thrilled with that offer and am still looking, but thought I'd share with you.
    Hope that helps.
    Your USAA price should be $2000 behind dealer invoice. Invoice should be $52141, give or take a few. Add $500 then subtract $2000 from that. $50641 should be the selling price. Add your taxes, fees, etc to that. From my calculations, considering your sales tax, the deal sounds great unless you have a trade or something.

• mbzgalmbzgal Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    i leased a 2012 e350 a couple of months ago with the specs i wanted but recently got badly rearended. :cry: even with full repairs it will probably have diminished value.
    any ideas on how to assess the amount of diminished value?
    am i able to return the car and lease another one?
    should i wait for the 2013s?
    thanks in advance
  • lawcarlawcar Posts: 81
    Is the car considered "totalled" by your insurance company? Did you have "gap coverage" which is a form of insurance that pays for what you owe on the lease (the remaining monthly payments) if the car is totalled? The insurance company should be able to give you an estimate of the value of the car, although you can probably bring to the dealer to get an estimate, too.
    Not sure about the rest of your question.