Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vexedvexed Posts: 10
    Does anyone have information on incentives/trunk money/etc on 2013s? I am in Hawaii and the dealer here has about 7 E350s on the lot. They won't get their 2014s for another few weeks since the boat goes to Long Beach and then another boat to Hawaii.

I have a fleet certificate for $2500 but that should be in addition to what else they are doing. Thanks.
  • cewlcidcewlcid Posts: 6
    Thanks abacomike I value your opinion.I would like to trade this car in for the 2014 E250 bluetec which will be available sometimes this fall. When do you think is the best time to negotiate for the new car. I can wait until next spring if necessary.
  • abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,473
    Thanks abacomike I value your opinion.I would like to trade this car in for the 2014 E250 bluetec which will be available sometimes this fall. When do you think is the best time to negotiate for the new car.

The longer you wait, the more your current vehicle will depreciate. With a 2011, right now it's 2 years old. In September/October, it will be 3 years old.

Too bad you don't want a 2014 E350 Sedan because those will be here in a few weeks. Also, remember that fuel economy for the 2014 V6 gasoline engines will be 22/32 mpg., which is as good as the diesel gets. If you wait until September or October, your present vehicle will depreciate another 2 or 3 thousand dollars.

The best time to negotiate for a new car and new model is whenever you can get you best out the door price. With brand new body styles and/or new model engines like the E250 Bluetech, don't expect too much.

There really is no special time - I guess you could order one and hope for the best, which is what I did. I expect to pay a little below invoice because I have a certificate from the MBCA, which was printed prior to April 1st so I could take advantage of the $1000 off whatever I negotiate for. Remember, I buy a new car every year. I also am a member of USAA which gets preferred pricing as well.

Good luck - keep us posted on your progress.

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

I have a fleet certificate for $2500 but that should be in addition to what else they are doing. Thanks.

On 2014's, I have heard nothing. Dealers do have residuals now for them, but that's it.

I just might wait until after May 3rd to take delivery of mine so incentives have a chance to develop. I know Mercedes is out to beat BMW this year in total US sales, so there should be some incentives around pretty quick, I would imagine.

Since you are in Hawaii, you do not have the shopping opportunities I have to go to other dealers to get the best price.

Within 50 miles of my location, there are 10 Mercedes dealers. I live in Southeast Florida. There are 4 dealerships in Miami-Dade county, 4 dealerships in Broward county, and 2 dealerships in southern Palm Beach County. So there are lots of opportunities to shop here - but you are limited, obviously.

If I hear anything in the next week or two, I will post the info.

Good luck!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• vexedvexed Posts: 10
    Thanks, I was hoping that MBUSA will incentivize the dealers to move the remaining MY 2013 E classes. My certificate only applies to MY 13 vehicles.

And yes "shopping" here is different, I came very close last time to bringing a car in from California but we ended up getting a Certified 2007 E350 which is the car we are looking to replace.
    And yes "shopping" here is different, I came very close last time to bringing a car in from California but we ended up getting a Certified 2007 E350 which is the car we are looking to replace.

They had $6000 off those last month. I don't know if they still have certificates left or if it is over. My dealer only has 3 left with no more coming in. Just about all the 2013's are gone.

I have to believe you can negotiate with the dealer. Talk with the Gereral Sales Manager of the dealership. I'm sure he would love to rid himself of one of the last few on his lot.

Good luck!

• jmatero2jmatero2 Posts: 4
    Based on what I've been reading, with the 2014's here in a couple weeks, does this seem like a good deal?

E350, Sport, Wheels, P1, Folding Seats, Rear Spoiler, Polar White, Comfort Box, KeylessGo, 2 years Maintenance, 27 months:

MSRP: $58,345
    Sale Price: $51,233.89
    Acq Fee: 1095

671.14/mo (incl tax)

Res: 69%
    MF: 0.00176
    Drive-off $1500

:confuse:
    Based on what I've been reading, with the 2014's here in a couple weeks, does this seem like a good deal?

I've seen cars similar to this advertised at $579 a month, plus tax, $4000 due at signing, for a $55,800 MSRP vehicle for 27 months. So, it would appear that the discounted capitalized cost is fair. Residual looks good considering 2014's will be here in a week. $1500 out of pocket also good.

See if they will do the deal with $750 due at signing. I believe they are anxious to get rid of all the 2013's, so you have them at an advantage.

Everything else looks good. Perhaps you should "repost" this in the forum for "E350 Leasing Questions" Forum.

They have very knowledgeable posters there who know if it is a good deal or not.

The car I ordered in February (2014 E350 Sport Sedan) is due at the port this Friday. Hoping to take delivery between April 25 and May 3rd. Anticipation is definitely getting to me!

• cdl1213cdl1213 Posts: 15
    I am on the east coast ,Philadelphia my car is coming in this week too.The ship unloads in Baltimore hope to have it next week
    I am on the east coast ,Philadelphia my car is coming in this week too.The ship unloads in Baltimore hope to have it next week

Just found out from my dealer that the launch date for the 2014's has been pushed back to next Monday, April 23rd. There are 100's awaiting shipment from Jacksonville, FL, to southeast dealerships. Here in the southeastern United States, the port of entry is Brunswick Georgia. From there, most cars are transported to Jacksonville for "get ready" services and additions before being trucked out. The port of Jacksonville cannot handle the huge cargo ships that Mercedes uses because the channel leading to the port is not deep enough.

My dealer expects to have about 20 of the new E350 Sport Sedan by Monday. Mine is due at my dealership on April 26th. Can't wait to see it.

Good luck with your new 2014 E Class Mercedes.

• ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    I have a 2011 P2 BluTec on a 24 month. 12K/yr lease which ends in August. The residual on the car is roughly $45K. Compare that to the trade in value being offered on the car and you have another strong argument for leasing if you turn cars over in short periods (which I do). Purchase is NOT always the least expensive way to drive a car.....

You really have to look closely at residuals..what mercedes (or other dealer) thinks their car will be worth and ask yourself it that makes sense. When I leased the MB, I was pretty confident that the car would not be worth anywhere near $45K...so the decision to lease was easy.
    You really have to look closely at residuals

You will get no argument from me regarding "checking residuals first" before buying. Money factors play an important role as well along with the number of miles you put on a car every two years.

I don't lease cars because I get in and out of them so quickly. However, if I was to keep a car for two years or more, I would definitely consider leasing, as you suggest.

• ealazarusealazarus Posts: 23
    Of course, you must also take into consideration the "Acquisition" fee as well as the "End of Lease" fee in the equation.

Also, in some states, e.g., here in Texas, You pay sales tax on the entire cap cost of the lease but get nothing back upon lease termination.

For this reason I purchased rather than leased my current car for the first time in 32 years.

Elliot
    For this reason I purchased rather than leased my current car for the first time in 32 years.

Each and every situation is unique and different. For some, leasing is the best choice - for others, purchasing is the best choice. Yes, you must take into consideration any end of lease fees as well as the fact that you are paying a lease acquisition fee.

mbusa.com just posted the new E Class Sedans with all the specs, colors, options and pictures. Worth your time to visit the site to see what's new!

• cdl1213cdl1213 Posts: 15
    my car is in picking it up monday deales says he has 11 on hand
    edited April 2013
    my car is in picking it up monday deales says he has 11 on hand

Sounds exciting! Mine arrived at the port today. I expect to take delivery next week sometime.

Let me know if you get any incentives, financing and/or significant discounts. I haven't seen anything yet on the 2014's.

• mcwussowmcwussow Posts: 1
    Looking for a 2013 E350 Sedan. Black, P1 package. Ideally, leather seats, Panoramic Sunroof and Key-less Go but not absolutely necessary. Would consider a 2013 with low miles or even a 2012.

What incentives are out there? Shall I wait for the 2014's to arrive so that the 2013's want to be cleared out? What prices should I be looking at?
    What incentives are out there? Shall I wait for the 2014's to arrive so that the 2013's want to be cleared out? What prices should I be looking at?

Most of the 2013's are gone by now. The 2014's are on dealer lots. Most incentives were last month. If a dealer has one, better grab it before there are none. The only incentives available were $4000 last month.

Black should not be hard to find.

Good luck.