Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abacomikeabacomike South FloridaPosts: 3,120
    ...pay no more than maybe $52-$53K. I did hear that MB's margin is about 12%.

The mark-up on a 2014 $60,000 E350 Sport is about 7%. Subtract transportation charges first. Then multiply the remaining amount by ,93 and then add back transportation cost.

$60,000 - $925 = $59,075 X ,93 = $54,941 + $925 = $55,866 which is invoice +/- $300. I don't know of any current incentives or dealer cash available. If you are a USAA member, or a Mercedes Benz Club member, you can buy the car for several thousand under invoice - if not, you will have your work cut out for you to buy the car at or below invoice.

The best way is to go to 3 dealerships and buy the car at the dealership with the lowest price. If you have a trade , then negotiations will be more complicated.

Good luck!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• abacomike is right, margin from invoice is about 7%.

I was told by 2 dealers that deeper discounts will be available for MY14 e350's in the Fall, once the higher demand for the new model has subsided.

If I was going to buy one, I'd wait until end of year if possible. The Winter Sales event we will see better lease support, discount coupons from the factory and more willingness to deal deep.

-ValleyGuy
    abacomike is right, margin from invoice is about 7%.

Without any fleet discount like USAA or MBCA, a reasonable price on a new 2014 E350 Sport Sedan would be $500 over dead invoice. You might be able to squeeze another hundred or so lower, however if you are interested in driving a new E Class, that is what it will cost you.

Edmunds can configure invoice of a new E 350 for you - just go to NEW CARS, select Mercedes, select E class sedan, add paint, interior, option and then they will show you invoice.

Good luck!

2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550 - best car ever! 2nd best car ever, my 1967 Corvette Stingray Coupe with 435 hp.

• guhoguho Posts: 5
    There is a Lexus dealer who has a 2012 E350 sedan with nav. in the color I like from a trade-in. It has 3 years left on factory warranty. He wants >45k for it. This makes no sense as 2013s were selling at 10k below MSRP. I offered $35k but he claims he can get 43k from the auctions. What would be a reasonable price? Mileage is 9k and car is not bare bones but well-equipped with nav. I have not seen the car yet. It has a clear title. Thanks!
    There is a Lexus dealer who has a 2012 E350 sedan with nav. in the color I like from a trade-in. It has 3 years left on factory warranty.

$45,000 is way too much for a car that is 2 model years old. The mileage is fine. What about CARFAX? Also, make sure the oil has been changed at least twice - at least once a year. What about visible damage, ping dents, evidence of any repainting?

I would offer him $42,000 if the car is immaculate.

• ROBERTBOBROBERTBOB Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Picked mine up last week. 6% discount but had a couple extras such as 3-year prepaid maintenance, which effectively made it a 7% discount. I didn't qualify for USAA, MBCA, Morgan Stanley, or other incentives. This is in NJ and the negotiating is much tougher here as are the attitudes. Thanks to those on the board who shared information -- it was a big help.
    Picked mine up last week. 6% discount but had a couple extras such as 3-year prepaid maintenance, which effectively made it a 7% discount

ROBERTBOB, that is an excellent deal on a 2014 E 350 Sport Sedan! Remember, they have only been out for 3 months. The pre-paid maintenance program from Mercedes for 3 years is worth about $900 in real dollars. When I got my car in April, I also got a 3 year maintenance policy, however I rarely keep a car long enough to use it.

One strange thing that happened to my car when they ordered it and manufactured it for me (which I might have posted here before) was the fact that the car was ordered with a Wood/Leather Steering Wheel and the AMG wheels. When you order the AMG wheels, which are $500.00, they automatically add a "flat" bottomed leather sport steering wheel for $290.00, however when the car came in, the AMG wheels were not on the car. BUT, the wood leather steering wheel on the car was the "flat" bottomed one. This was strange because they don't offer a "flat" bottomed Wood/Leather Sport Steering Wheel. It's either a "found" wood leather steering wheel or a flat bottomed leather only steering wheel.

Mercedes said the would correct the problem with the Flat Bottomed Wood Steering Wheel (which is only offered on the CLS550) by putting on a round one, but I really like the flat bottom which allows easier entry and exiting of the car from the driver's seat. To make a long story shorter, my dealer had the standard wheels (which are just ugly when compared to the AMG's) replaced with the AMG wheels at no cost to me. I am a very good customer of theirs (I buy a new E every year), but they sure stepped up to the plate on this.

The only thing about the AMG wheels is that you cannot rotate them. The standard wheels on the Sport can be rotated now (first time) as they are the same size all around. But AMG wheels are wider in the back than in the front.

Like I said, I don't keep a car long enough to worry about tires, so it didn't matter.

This new E350 Sport is one gorgeous car. I am going to keep this one until 2016 when they make the major body redesign on the E.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW E350 - you will love every minute!

• Hey guys, thanks for the feedback, I visited the dealer and was able to get the dealer to offer me a 2014 E350 with Premium 1, Keyless go, Electronic Trunk Closer, Comfort Box and Rear Deck Spoiler for $50,000. The base price was $58,545. Im debating on whether I should take this deal now, or wait until later in the fall. Right now the dealer is offering a $8,600 discount which seems decent to me. Let me know what you guys think.
    Im debating on whether I should take this deal now, or wait until later in the fall. Right now the dealer is offering a $8,600 discount which seems decent to me. Let me know what you guys think.

And why would you wait? He is trying to sell you a brand new car WELL BELOW INVOICE! If you think you are going to get a better deal than that, you're out of your mind. Grab it before he changes his mind!

• syd3nsyd3n Posts: 14
    edited July 2013
    the dealer is offering a $8,600 discount

That is a great discount...around 14%! Would you be willing to share any details about the types of incentives, coupons, etc that might be part of this massive discount? USAA? MBCA?

Not going to make any difference to you at this point, but just wanted to mention that I noticed your base price ($58545) might include the Keyless-go ($650) and Electronic Trunk Closer ($560) as separate options. But the dealer is actually able to order these items as part of a package (Keyless-go package, $990) which costs a few hundred dollars less than ordering those items separately. I realize that on the mbusa website, you don't have the option to select the package, but the dealership has a different ordering system. Here's what it looked like on my invoice:

389 KEYLESS-GO Package $990
    P17 : Control Code
    871 : Hands-Free Access
    881 : Electronic Trunk Closer
    889 : KEYLESS-GO
  • Hey! Believe it or not, I didn't qualify for any of the USAA or MBCA options. Ive only dealt with the dealers with the highest volumes of sale. Since I'm in Southern California, that has been Keyes European and Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach.

Thanks for the info on the Package! Do you know if any of these have hit dealer lots yet?
  • syd3nsyd3n Posts: 14
    Thanks for the info on the Package! Do you know if any of these have hit dealer lots yet?

Not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking if any cars with the Keyless-go package have hit the lots? I would assume so. I would even assume that the car you are looking at was ordered with this package. I am assuming that all 2014 E350's that have both Keyless-go and Electronic Trunk closer installed were ordered using this package option. Every dealer I've talked to since late spring has made use of this option when I asked for both these features to part of my config.
  • indiansocalindiansocal Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    That makes sense. That is probably what is on it.
    Does anyone have experience with Mercedes Benz Financial? How are they to deal with? I've been getting conflicting interest rate quotes throughout the week, ranging from 1.99 for 66 months to 2.99 for 66 months.
    Every dealer I've talked to since late spring has made use of this option when I asked for both these features to part of my config.

When's car was ordered in January, the Keyless Go Pkg. was not available - the trunk closer and keyless go had to be ordered separately at a cost of $250 over the package cost. But some of the options I have on my car have gone up in price, so I guess I broke even.

My car MSRP'd at $64,350 + $500 for the AMG Wheels they installed, or $64,850. I tried building my exact car again and the MSRP is now $65,650 for the exact same car. So, it would seem some options must have gone up.

I 'm taking the car on a 400 mile round trip to Orlando a week from Tuesday - my grandson is flying in from Palm Springs and then we are driving up to Universal Studios resort for 4 days. This is the first road trip I've taken with the new car. I'm averaging 24.6 mpg combined city/highway and 33.4 mpg on the interstates at 65mph. A little better than my 2013 got - I suspect the ECO STOP/START is the reason.

I've been getting conflicting interest rate quotes throughout the week, ranging from 1.99 for 66 months to 2.99 for 66 months.

The lowest rate you got (1.99%) is probably with no mark-ups. Dealers usually mark up the rate to make money on the back end. I was not aware there were low interest rates available - the best they had back in April was 2.59% for 66 months. I just decided to pay cash for the car since my money is making nothing in the bank.

But 1.99% would be a great rate. I always used to finance with MBFS, they are financed through Chase. So the loan is registered as MBFS, but Chase underwrites their loans.

• valleyguy408valleyguy408 Posts: 70
    edited July 2013
    Right now the dealer is offering a $8,600 discount which seems decent to me. Let me know what you guys think.

A screaming good deal for a new 2014 e350.

-ValleyGuy
  • Interesting that they have Chase underwrite their loans.
    Hopefully I'll pull the trigger sometime this weekend. I'm still hoping to save a little more. I might go for a car that doesn't have the comfort box. I'm not sure how much of a use it really is.
    Does anyone know how the AAA discounts are? Fletcher Jones honors the AAA discount, so I was just curious.
    edited July 2013
    I might go for a car that doesn't have the comfort box. I'm not sure how much of a use it really is.

I use the comfort box all the time when I go shopping. It's great if you have jars or wine bottles - it keeps them from rolling around in the trunk. Also, when we buy pies or cake - they are more secure in the comfort box from sliding around when turning or accelerating/stopping. I've had it in my last 3 cars - well worth the $290.

• Comfort box is nice to have. I like the fact it has adjustable depth.

The name must be lost in translation.... from German, I wonder if it should be translated to "convenience box" rather than comfort box.

It has nothing to do with comfort and everything to do with convenience.

-ValleyGuy
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    I still can't figure out why the device is called the "comfort box." Convenience box, OK. Comfort box? Maybe it is comfortable if you sit in it. Was something was lost in the translation from German?