Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Uplander Electrical Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    Hello Trishk,
    I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. Can you please email me your VIN, current concerns and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • My wife drives this van and the dash lights sometimes delay coming on.
    Last Friday 16-July the warning light for ABS and Stabilitrak and Traction
    all came on one after another and repeated over and over.
    Any suggestions ?
    Hello Montana999,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. If you are getting the warning light repeatedly then I would get it to the dealership as soon as possible. Please keep me informed on how everything goes. Thank you,
  • hevyhevy Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with my 2007 Uplander. We bought it used with 21k on it in March of 2008. I also purchased an extended warranty. It now has 48K and has began having constant problems with the power sliding doors. The door won't close. I took it to the shop (not a GM shop by a Chrysler one that also has the GM dealer next door that recently closed). I was told that they reprogrammed the module (which one) and alligned the door. I paid $127.00 It did it a gain a few days later and I took it back they adjusted the latch but did not charge me. Then it did it again and they said it was the contact plate. They replace it and charged me $164.00. Now it is doing it AGAIN. It is undrivable due to the constant BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE!!!!!! It's enough to make me want to drive it off a cliff. And guess what. The extended warranty hasn't covered JACK on it. They keep saying that basically it only covers the power train but I am almost certain it was bumper to bumper. Last Chevrolet I will buy and last extended warranty too!!!!!
    Hello Hevy,
    I apologize that you are experiencing a concern with your vehicle. Which extended warranty did you purchase? Was is a GMPP or was a warranty from the dealership? I can have one of our agents look at your situation further. In order to do that I will need you to email me you’re VIN, current mileage, dealership, contact information, and how long this concern has been present in your vehicle. You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
  • We bought our 2006 Chevy Uplander new. We have been a dedicated Chevy customer for years. We may never buy a Chevy again.

We have been experiencing the door problem for months: Won't stay shut, opens while driving, DINGS-DINGS-DINGS-DINGS, etc. All the same stuff you read in this forum.

We bought an extended warranty, but that is doing no good, because the dealer can't fix the problem. We've had the car in several times without success. The car has currently been at the dealership for 14 day. We talked to the Service Mgr today and "He say's they are still trying." The car has been at the dealer for 4 of the last 6 weeks.

We have about 6 months left on the warranty and I'm starting to get the feeling that they are just trying to stall until the warranty runs out. We have saved the receipts, but they are not very detailed. Today my wife asked the Service Mgr if he has been keeping track of everything he has done to try to fix it and he replied, "No, I'm not a bookkeeper."

I'm trying to decide if I should pull the car from this dealer and start over with another dealer.

I'd like to know what will happen if GM can never fix the problem (even thought it's under warranty). Will they replace the van?

Also, I notice that Mariah from GM Customer Service has replied to many of the former posts on this forum. She apologizes and then asks for your contact and VIN information. Has anyone had any success with Mariah? Please let me know. Thanks,

Sincerely
    Soon-to-be-Ex-Dedicated-GM-Customer :sick:
  • swathdiverswathdiver Posts: 27
    My 2006 SV6 Montana had annoying problems with the driver's side sliding door for years too. I lost count how many times it'd been back to the dealer, always gone for at least a week, sometimes 2 and once for a month.

Love the van, great on trips and comfortable with all the bells and whistles.

Having warranty problems- dealer intentionally ignoring problems so they won't have to fix before warranty runs out.

As for the door, somewhere I have the paperwork of the parts they replaced the last time. I will try to find it for you. Mine never opened while driving, just wouldn't close or would close and ding.

Anyone have trouble with the manual seatback release for the front and middle row seats? My driver's seat and middle row passenger side seem stripped and don't work. Makes me miss my old '99 Montana sometimes!
  • woody1015woody1015 Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Uplander - the same issues with the sliding door. It is a constant problem. Been to the dealership too many times to count.

I fear that when the dinging is going, that I'll crash the van - it is so distracting!

I feel really bad because I recommended this van a year and a half ago to a friend - who did buy one - and now he is starting to have the same problems with his door.

I work for an EMS helicopter service. I have talked with our aviation mechanics, and interestingly enough - when a manufacturer-mechanical issue is discovered on an aircraft - do you know what the manufacturer does??? They send out a bulletin to all who own that aircraft and advise them of the issue, and if there is a repair for it - it describes what to do.
    Imagine a world where a car manufacturer was openly honest with defects and repair notices - not just the big ones that they know will kill someone - but everything - so that you know you can own a vehicle that can be dependable and last a long time - doing everything they said it would do.

I have never bought a foreign car... just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe it's time to take my chances with a car that may or may not have brakes... at least the doors will be closed.
  • swathdiverswathdiver Posts: 27
    Ok, looking at my receipt for the repairs it says they replaced the Door Latch, PN# 15222933. It's also desribed as a Handle 16.345.

Before this service, they had adjusted the whole door and it was out of place to the naked eye. Worse, the mechanic stripped the star bolt on the rear striker! Well I was finally able to slightly loosen it and when the door wouldn't close I would bang on the striker a few times and it would close and shut up.
    Hello Boilerguy1,
    Has your dealership been in contact with our technical department to get the vehicle fixed? How long has the concern been present? Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
  • OK Mariah -- I'm not sure if you are real, because you appear to be an automated message, but I sent you email you requested -- Boilerguy1
    Hello Boilerguy1,
    I did receive your email. If you didn't receive mine please let me know. Thank you,
  • The 3 warning messages appeared on the Friday.
    The vehicle sat in the driveway for the weekend.
    On Monday no messages and they have not appeared since.
    That rules out blown fuse(s).
    Seems like poor connections to me.

What is your take ?
    Hello Montana999,
    Unfortunately, I cannot diagnose your vehicle over the internet. Have you had the dealership diagnose the vehicle yet? If not I would recommend doing so and if they cannot read any codes when you are there to have them put the code reader in your vehicle. So when the problem occurs you can get the codes that come up. Thank you,
  • elibomelibom Posts: 9
    I have a 2006 SV6 with the power sliding doors. The problem that I found was with the contacts on the door ( They are called plungers) the movable pins were losing connection with the fixed part The plunger is very easy to replace if you can find one. The plungers are covered with a rubber cover and is held in place with 2 plastic pins. My Pontiac dealer could not even find one in his books or even a picture of one, and claimed that he had never had anyone come with a door problem. My Chevy dealer found it but said that it came with a wiring harness that is not needed for $154. The cure that I came up with was to take the plunger block apart (it snaps together)and replace the rusted out springs then solder 3" wires to the end of the plunger pins (they solder easy) to the tabs that go to the plug. It took about 30 min. now the doors work like new
    I have a 2006 SV6 with the power sliding doors. The problem that I found was with the contacts on the door ( They are called plungers) the movable pins were losing connection with the fixed part The plunger is very easy to replace if you can find one. The plungers are covered with a rubber cover and is held in place with 2 plastic pins. My Pontiac dealer could not even find one in his books or even a picture of one, and claimed that he had never had anyone come with a door problem. My Chevy dealer found it but said that it came with a wiring harness that is not needed for $154. The cure that I came up with was to take the plunger block apart (it snaps together)and replace the rusted out springs then solder 3" wires to the end of the plunger pins (they solder easy) to the tabs that go to the plug. Now the plungers can't lose connection. It took about 30 min. now the doors work like new
    I have a 2006 SV6 with the power sliding doors. The problem that I found was with the contacts on the door ( They are called plungers) the movable pins were losing connection with the fixed part The plunger is very easy to replace if you can find one. The plungers are covered with a rubber cover and is held in place with 2 plastic pins. My Pontiac dealer could not even find one in his books or even a picture of one, and claimed that he had never had anyone come with a door problem. My Chevy dealer found it but said that it came with a wiring harness that is not needed for $154. The cure that I came up with was to take the plunger block apart (it snaps together)and replace the rusted out springs then solder 3" wires to the end of the plunger pins (they solder easy) to the tabs that go to the plug. It took about 30 min. now the doors work like new
  • Don't see too many SV6 owners. Which motor does yours have? Mine is the SV6 Sport with the 3.9L motor.
    I have the 3.9L eng ext body I had a 1999 Montana that I bought from a Pontiac dealer it had been thru 2 rental co's.and thru 2 owners when I got it. It had 70k mi on it and I put another 80k trouble free mi on it. That is why I bought the 2006 new, but it has had several problems with it The seats don't fold up like the 99. It doesn't drive as good and has always bounced in the rear It is not nearly as good of a van as the 1999.
  • Also bought a used '99 with 50k and put another 100k on it. Even with the leaky manifold we never had a problem until right before we bought the 2006 brand new. I specc'd the 2006 and was ok without the middle row seats coming out as we bought it to take long road trips with which we have. Mine never bounced, has the air ride sport suspension. It's also an SV6 Sport with the big motor.

The main problem with it now is the transmission. When sitting at a light or moving from stop, the engine revs but van doesn't move and BANG, the tranny slams into gear. Had it in to the dealer 2x but they can never replicate what happens to us every 5 minutes in city driving.

So the main problem is really the dealerships! The trans is second!

Dealer charged my wife $190 to fix things under warranty and nobody will fess up and remove the charges. I had the car in the day before but had to leave because of family emergency and they didn't try that bs with me. ARGGHHH!!!