Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hybrids: The new "muscle car"?

2»

Comments

• terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    "Don't you find that a quite a bit more than the $22,175 you quoted from the Toyota site? You also left off the set administrations fee of $610...."

Yes, I do, and so commented on that fact, suggesting perhaps Edmunds hadn't run comparisons for some time, as the figures we see posted in the forums, from people who just bought, are much lower than Edmunds says people are paying. The Admin fee, is included in all prices I posted.

Here is a list I just received from Carson City Toyota (Nevada), They have 11 new Prisus' in stock, just click THIS LINK and take a look. According to them they have always sold for MSRP, never over. ;)

Those eleven Prisus start at $24,234, three are at $25,129, one at $26,239, and the maximum price is $29,409 for a loaded Touring Edition.
  • kdhspyderkdhspyder Posts: 7,160
    Sorry Gary, the base model of most Prius' is in the US $23-24k range, at full MSRP. With typical discounts available it's under $23K.

We've never had a true BASE model but Package 3 or 4 is the typical 'Base' model through 2006 anyway.
    One of the reasons for an addenmdum on the vehicle is so that it does NOT sell.... for a while anyway. When the vehicle is ready to be sold then the addendum comes off.
    Different markets. Here's the E. Coast market situation...

Fitzmall Prius

The prices range from $800 - $1200 off sticker.. No addendums.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Anywhere but Reno, like other "distant" places they sell them full sticker. Even at that, its less than the outlandish prices some Hybrid haters are posting in these forums.

If someone drives the 100 miles from Reno to the Sacramento/San Francisco area, the addendums are off as well. Ditto Los Angeles and San Diego markets.
  • cpeekcpeek Posts: 2
    Prius is a nice car for the price, I just wish they would get the looks down. Overall outside of the car just isn't my type of vehicle. I can see them justifying the price with the good mileage it gets(45 miles to the gallon.) A lot better than my 04 cobra muscle car, car is a total gas guzler.
2»