Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Prius Suspension/Steering Problems

2»

Comments

• sarge116sarge116 Posts: 1
    My used 2005 Prius drove great until I hit double RR tracks going a bit too fast. Now I can feel all the bumps and cracks in the road, there is a vibration but especially a "rubbing" feeling coming through the steering wheel. It is getting worse and can be felt on the floor and gas pedal now.

Five places have checked it out and find nothing loose. The last I had the tires rotated and balanced. Still the same vibration, etc. Everyone says the struts are fine, tires too. What could be the problem? Wheel bearings?? I'd like to take it on a trip soon.
  • PFFlyer@EdmundsPFFlyer@Edmunds Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 5,808
    Nothing may be loose, but was anything bent? From my experience, a wheel bearing is going to be more noticeable as a noise than a feeling in the wheel. You might want to have an alignment done

PFFlyer@Edmunds

Moderator - Hatchbacks & Hybrid Vehicles

• I have a 2009 prius and had to replace 2 tires at 15000 miles and have it re-aligned. I had the alignment checked again in 3 months and it was out of alignment. Put it back into alignment and had it checked again in another 3 months and it was out of alignment again. Toyota was absolutely no help and just blew me off. Needless to say I am not happy about buying a $30000 new car that won't hold its alignment.

Anyone else having the same problems with Toyota Prius? Anyone able to get any help from Toyota?
2»