Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Express/GMC Savana: Brakes

1235»

Comments

• meg19meg19 Posts: 3
    UPDATE: My Chevy Express Van now has 130,000 miles on it and it still has it's original brakes to date. I was at Chevy today and during the multi point inspection they specified that my brakes are still at 5mm. Yet I am on my 7 set of rotors.....and Chevy thinks there is nothing wrong with this.....at least corporate does....any mechanic you tell this too will say your brakes must not be operating correctly but when it was evaluated by corperate they told me there was nothing they can do. I can't believe how many similar stories I have heard and yet they haven't done anything....remember the GM at my Chevy has admitted to me that these vehicles are failing in the safety test lanes....so they are aware of it. You can do your part by contacting the US DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTAION HIGHWAY SAFETY ADMINISTATION. THERE NUMBER IS 1-888-37-4236. IF CHEVY RECEIVES 3O OR MORE COMPLAINTS A RECALL INVESTIGATION WILL BE LAUNCHED. We have more than 30 people here who have posted a similar story....we can force them to change this....PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I have a 2000 Chevrolet Astro, the brake and ABS warning lights come on every once in a while when there is a bump or dip in the road. Can anyone help me with this problem?
  • praughpraugh Posts: 3
    Just an update to my 04 Express brake issues...I found 1 guide bolt on each of the rear brakes completely corroded and inoperable. So, my front brakes had been doing almost all the braking. After replacing the original rotors, brake pads, and guide bolts my brake issues have gone away completely. I did the repair last summer, and all is still good!
  • I've got the same problem when I rented the Savana 3500, but this time from Toronto to Montreal. So I swore never again rent a Savana even if is very comfortable. Few months ago I decided to rent a cargo Van Ford E350 and it was the best decision I ever made.
    670 Km in few hours, no break problems. Specially the rental company gave me a lot of confidence.
    http://www.advantagecarrentals.com/car-rental-toronto-airport
1235»