Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Express/GMC Savana Accessories & Modifications

2»

Comments

• Thank you for your reply! The van I am looking at is a 1500. So, are you saying you did it in your 1500, but that you were warned against it?
  • newsie23newsie23 Posts: 17
    I made my purchase, conditional on the 'new tracks' and seat belts. My thought, was to find bucket seats (haven't) so I could carry ?plywood? etc., between the rear (bucket) seats, as I didn't need passenger capacity, and like the seat in the rear (limo style) with the luggage, in between. I don't like trucks - my 03 AWD has only 48-km (30-mi) - its main purpose is to carry a snowmobile inside, and park on the street in a metro area (& carry #$%^ for my buddies). It is truly better than any pickup. Early on, there was an AWD 2500 cargo van, with limited 'extra' capacity rating. I assume, my dealer was concerned with any legal liability, if 'he' was enabling any overload, passenger capacity, for himself or GM. It truly is a stupid, one passenger vehicle!
  • Becky - I also have an 03 AWD 1500 and am adding a 4th row. where did you get your rails?
  • I assume my dealer, used the GM Parts bin, as they match the existing rails. They are installed in an offset position, to 'fit the seat' in its width.
  • ">I have a 2001 Express LT van. We're waiting to tow a 7000k travel trailer with it. Book says it can 7600k with the right set-up. So what is the right set-up?

Here's what I'm guessing I would need:
    * Electric trailer brake controler
    * Weight distubution hitch
    * Transmission cooler

What else do you all think I need to install?
  • My son has a 2000 Chevy express van with 2 front bucket seats and has 2 children that require child seats. Is there a center console seat or jump seat available that would fit between the 2 bucket seats so he could install a child seat when needed? Or would a low back bucket seat also work?
  • I'm sure you're not monitoring this thread, but just in case you happen upon it again, can you PLEASE tell me how you found a full-size van with two passenger doors. Thanks!
  • apieriapieri Posts: 1
    If you mean left and right passenger doors, then I can explain...van customization company's like "Explorer" order the express that way to build a custom conversion van. As far as finding a van that is not customized with those left and right side doors, I do not think you will find one. But, if your really want one, you would have to order factory direct.

If you are looking for a used van, I am selling my 2009 chevy express dark green in color. It seats 11 (I added a 3rd row). I am buying a 15 pax as my family has grown and I do not have enough room.
  • That would be a great idea (especially since everyone is carrying only whites. ugh) But, we have nine in our family, and we had a 15 pax for a while and LOVED it. We'll be going back to that (from a 9 pax suburban).

Thanks for the information, I guess I'll have to call a dealer. boo.
  • http://www.cerullo.com/consoles/astroVan.html Has center console seats for the Astro and safari that slide back and forth like the bucket seat. It has a lap belt and storage area. we are looking into it for our 1998 Chevy astro van.
  • jwbergerjwberger Posts: 2
    I've got a 2002 GMC Savana 3500 and the interior bits are falling apart, the door panels and center (Dash) console specifically.

I've found a donor 2009 model that's being parted out locally.

Does anyone know if the 2003+ interior parts and be installed in a 2002 or earlier without serious modifications?

Also, the factory drivers seat has no right side arm rest, what other seats can I replace it with?

thx.
  • My question is can my 2001 gmc savana cargo van front end be converted to look like a 2003+ savana ... I know I will need to change the fenders hood bumper grill ect. But my question is will it fit and bolt up? I have a 2010 donor mini school bus?
  • I would like to convert my 2011 Express 3500 15 passenger van to dual rear wheels if it will make the van safer. Does anyone know how the conversion will effect Stabilitrak? Or where to look for a definitive answer?

I talked with the local dealer, but they could not offer any help.

Thanks,

- infrared
  • I have the solid steel doors on my van. I want to replace with doors with Windows.

1. What years (or only 2006) will fit on this van?
    2. Will Savana doors also fit? If yes, same question, what years or only 2006?

Thanks.
2»