Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Aerostar Electrical Issues

2»

Comments

• I put door locks from a 88 areo in my 95 and I think they are by the drivers side kick panel but you simply operate the locks and listen and feel for the relay noise and vibration and the other relay is beside the one that works . good luck pete
  • Inerior lights and speedometer not working someone said it could be the cluster relay switch??? what and where is it? could it call the problem??? please help as I am in dire need!!!!!!
  • Did you ever get an answer your headlights having a mind of their own? I am having the same problem with my 1993 Ford aerostar. Thanks
  • On my 1992 Ford Aerostar XL van, both of my headlights stopped working at the same time. Would that not indicate that either a fuse or a relay needs replacing? If so, 1) which one? 2) And where do I locate it? 3) And how do I access it? If you have an image you can show me that would help, but is not absolutely necessary.

Please help me if you can. I normally do quite a bit of my driving after dark, but cannot do so until I resolve this problem.
    :shades:
  • I have a 93 aerostar that started making a donging noise,as if you left your headlights on with the car turned off.I wiggle the ignition key a little and it stops,but then when i pull out the headlight switch it starts donging,and won't stop while driving. Is there some where i can unhook this so it stops donging,or do i need a new switch some where,ignition or headlight switch?
  • 97 4.0 engine 4x4 starts and idle but anything else it stalls was told it is the coil plugs and wires need replaced. does this sound right and if so is it hard to do
  • flaco3flaco3 Posts: 1
    No singal lights, and no reverse lights are coming on. I checked the fuse box and fuse #5 is burned out but there is a short in it.
  • WHEN IN IDLE, THE BATTERY INDICATOR DROPS DRASTICALLY! THIS ONLY HAPPENS IN IDLE MODE. HAD THE BATTERY CHECKED AND FOUND THAT IT WAS UNABLE TO TAKE A CHARGE SO HAD IT REPLACED. THE PROBLEM STILL EXISTS. ALTERNATOR? VOLTAGE REGULATOR? HAD THE PROBLEM START RIGHT AFTER I PLUGGED MY A/C COMPRESSOR IN WHILE THE A/C SYSTEM WAS TURNED ON. THE CLUTCH PULLED IN IMMEDIATELY AS I PLUGGED IT IN AND EVER SINCE I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE PROBLEM WITH THE INDICATOR DROPPING DRASTICALLY IN IDLE. ONE MORE THING, ONLY WHEN THE AC IS ON DO I HAVE THE DROP.
  • When I turn ignition on the check engine signal lights up. As soon as it starts it goes out. Is this a problem? Can I reset this
  • Replace the alternator and the problem should be fixed.
  • What did they have to repair to make it possible to shift into reverse again? Was it a part in the tranny, or some other issue?
  • pegleg59pegleg59 Posts: 1
    When the key is turned on the engine light should come on then it should turn off after a few seconds. This indicates that the system is operating correctly.
  • I have put new switchs and new motors in for the windows but they still will not work on our 93 aerostar and also same problem on 91 aerostar all wheel drive that we also picked up. Someone stated that it might be in the wiring that goes thru the door jams. Has anyone had this problem and what was the fix for it. Doing it manually really does not work well.
2»