Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Freestar Transmission Problems

Comments

• skihighskihigh Posts: 15
    I found the bulletin I was originally referring to (I saved it on my computer). There are some diagrams on there.

http://fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/supplier/tsb/061410.pdf
  • :lemon: :lemon: Thanks skyhigh.... My 70 yr. old hubby & I want to go to Hershey Pa. this spring....but dead deal...(unless we rent a CHEVY....) Can't take our $$$$ sucking FORD!!!!!!!!!! As I stated earlier last week our "rebuilt" tranny's screwing up AGAIN.HESITATING kickin in. NO SURPRIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORD CO. IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    P.S. CALLED A DEALERSHIP
    TODAY, FORD. HAD A FREE RECALL CHECK.
    WHEN I ASKED OF A TRANNY RECALL CHECK,
    GUY GOT OFF PHONE QUICK. :mad: :lemon: :lemon:
  • Hi, this is my first time on this forum. I am surprised as to how many people have been affected by this. I thought that I did something wrong, but now I see that it is a manufacturing defect / nightmare. Thank God that at least my problem happened after I got to work. I parked at 7am, went to lunch at 12:30pm - but when i went to drive my 05 Freestar, it did not go in gear. I have called many Tranny shops and they are all telling me the same thing... the torque converter.Mine went out at 97,000 miles. The symptoms are exactly as described in many of the postings here. Is there any advice concerning what kind of repairs it needed?
    I work for a Caterpillar Dealer, so I have some understanding as to the technical bulletins that do come out. Believe it or not, a lot of these issues might be addressed in the corporate level, but not necessarily given to the service level. The actual service department might never hear about some of these problems. To them it seems like "lack of proper maintenance". In some cases it can be, but most often it is a problem with the product.
    to think I almost traded my van back in December. Well, that's life.
    I don't know if Ford will ever do a recall... they might not exist when that happens.
  • My tranny got fixed today with a grand total of $2309.87 including labour and parts.
    The guy in the shop said is cheaper because the warranty company is paying for it
    and they have a discount for parts. Shop said about $3000 or more if I were to go somewhere else without the warranty. I don't know if he's telling the truth, the most important thing is my van is running again and I have another year warranty for it.

FORD WAKE UP!! FACE THIS PROBLEM!!HELP US!!

ALL FREESTAR OWNERS GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
    MAY GOD BE WITH YOU IN YOUR EVERYDAY DRIVING.
  • :lemon: Fallingstar, Not trying to bring you down..... my tranny job was $1495.00 (rebuilt). I HAD TO PAY FOR IT. I too now have a 1 yr. warranty. BUT....... They know it won't happen again for probably 3000 miles. Nov.08 when got our's fixed... Jan.now, already acting up...... FORD SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well... got my van out of the shop-- running like a champ. Going straight to trade it in.... Honda... here we come.
  • I just got my van back from the shop. They found water was getting in my power control module. It was replaced and sealed up. Hopefully that is the end of my problems. I'm debating trading it in, but I don't want to take a huge loss.

Madmax....Let us know what kind of trade in you get.
  • jgenovesejgenovese Posts: 220
    Better to lose money than to lose your life or a loved one.

Jim Genovese
    Annapolis, MD
  • shocked1, I know mine it's a bit higher than what other tranny shop charge, that time I don't have a choice I need the van fixed right away and I'm not paying for it anyways
    it's the warranty people. If that money is coming from my wallet I will look for the cheapest guys for sure. I'll keep you posted on what will happen to my van. Could you please tell me what do you hear or whats the van doing when it's acting up. Thanks.
  • fallingstar, didn't know if you meant my van. but, if so, my tranny stopped right on the road. got a rebuilt. now it's hesatating in gears. it's ONE BIGGGGG FLUBUP OF FORD'S. love get rid of it before causes a death. I'll buy toyato next time!!!!! FORD IS NOT RESPECTFUL OF CUSTOMER'S SAFETY!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:
  • I was just at the local Ford dealer today. Bought an 04 Monterey. I am supposed to pick it up Monday. I didn't sign anything or leave a deposit...just a credir application. Looks like I'm going to back out of this deal. I don't need any headaches. Too bad, it was a nice van, but no thanks. :sick:
  • Good idea Michiman........ Only wish I could sell mine. (2004 Ford Freestar) A REALLLLLLL :lemon: fEW OTHERS STOP BUYING THEIR JUNK.....MAYBE A RECALL WILL HAPPEN. THANK YOU
  • AHHH, the power of the internet. It is good to be an informed consumer. In my opinion, you will definitely dodge a bullet if you back out.
  • Don't buy it! And tell them why you don't want it. Loudly. So everyone in earshot can hear and be protected.

I am still trying to get anyone in the Koons organization to respond to me. I have sent a letter to Jim Koons, No response. I sent an email to Jim Koons. No response. I called Jim Koons. My phone call got sent to someone else's voice mail box. I asked for a call back. No response. I just sent out 10 letters yesterday to everyone I could dredge up the name of in the Koons organization . . . business addresses and home addresses. If I don't get a response within a few days, I am moving on to any consumer protection organization I can think of. Any suggestions? And I will be contacting the television and radio stations in the Washington area to see if I can get them interested in this problem. If they think I am going to get bored and tired and let go of this thing, they better think again. I have already paid 3 car payments for this useless van since it broke down and February's payment will be due shortly. Any of you willing to talk to the media if I get something stirred up?
  • I'd like to thank everyone here for no doubt saving me a massive headache and countless troubles. Time to move on and look elsewhere for a vehicle. And good luck to those of you with a van with issues. I know it's not fun. :sick:
  • Good luck with Koons. They are the same clowns who gave me such a runaround. Their first response was, "We have never heard of that before." "Yours is the first Freestar EVER to have that problem." "Must be something you did to it." "Did you have the 30K mile transmission fluid change?" "No?" Then its your fault." "Oh, by the way, we would have paid for half of your repair but you never had any work done in our shop so, we owe you nothing." One of the Koons brothers actually accused me of lying when I told him I purchased 7 new Fords from the Annapolis dealership since 1987. I even went so far as to report them to the Office of the Attorney general of my home state, MD. They actually lied to the investigator from that office, in writing! Compare and contrast that to the writer who went to Norris Ford in Easton, MD. Ford actually flew in a rep from Detroit who ACKNOWLEDGED THAT IT WAS A DEFECT and they paid for her repair! Her story is one of the 495 posts in this very forum if you would like to read it for yourself. As far as the media, if you can find someone to take an interest in the story, I will be the first in line togive an interview. I have been trying to get the Baltimore stations on board for over a year now. Finally, you are 100% correct. DO NOT LET THIS GO. tell everyone you know. Tell people you don't know if they are driving one of these vans. You just might save their life.

Jim Genovese
    Annapolis, MD
  • :sick: Had tolet others know..... I received (again) a notice from FORD'S warrenty dept. wanting me to renew warranty!!!!! :mad: When I called to say WHY IM NOT RENEWING, the smart alec said i don't care bout your tranny problems! Please tell me, what is our bussiness world gone to????????????? I'll NEVER own a FORD or ANYTHING with that name on it!!!!!
  • Since I backed out of the deal, the dealer has called me a few times. In the end, their final offer was $9,100 for the van, and they were going to toss in a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty which would have covered the trans. I said don't think so.
  • GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!! TELL THEM TO COME HERE AND SEE OUR COMPLAINTS. iVE HAD MY LAST FORD!!!!!!!
  • You did the right thing. Maybe you could suggest to them that they call Ford and explain that they lost a sale because you took the time to educate yourself as a consumer and found out about their problem with these transmissions. maybe then they will realize the power of the internet and an educated consumer and work to resolve this propblem through a recall.

Jim Genovese
    Annapolis, MD