Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Freestar Transmission Problems

Comments

• lynn1102lynn1102 Posts: 13
    Have the dealer make a copy for himself and send a copy to Ford. Normally you need the original receipt for any kind of warranty work, and to probe the work was done. Otherwise they can say you made it up.

Lynn
  • trimadscotrimadsco Posts: 10
    Was the original work done at the Ford dealership? I did not have my original receipt with me, so the dealership printed out a new one from their records and used that.
  • gobamagobama Posts: 16
    I have the original customer copy in my file. I can't remember if they made a copy or not. I think there was an original attached to the customer copy but not sure. The process was very smooth for us.
  • amyd3amyd3 Posts: 4
    I just called into my dealer, who had submitted our claim some 2 to 3 weeks ago. It was explained to me that they submit the claim on our behalf, Ford sends them a cheque and they in turn issue us a cheque .... ???? Our dealer didn't do any of the work, they were just the medium used to initiate the claim. I'm unsure why they are even involved in the monetary exchange???
  • kaki1kaki1 Posts: 7
    edited July 2009
    My local dealer, Bankston Ford, did a great job of researching the issue and explaining the amount of the rebate. They were apologetic that it would only be $1450.00 since my replaced transmission cost over $3000. I expected a run-around since the dealership in Houston that did the work wouldn't even return my calls. Bankston is submitting the paperwork. I'll have feel better with check in hand.they asked what car I had bought to replace the Freestar. I told them a Honda, that I probably wouldn't ever buy another Ford though I grew up with them.
  • shocked1shocked1 Posts: 85
    NO...... DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO KEEP IT.....DEMAND THEY MAKE SELVES A COPY......
  • ddivittoddivitto Posts: 3
    I went to the shop that replaced my transmission and he wrote in on the receipt that the torque converter was included in the transmission replacement. He knew just to do, he said he has already done this for several people. Good luck!
  • I have contacted my mechanic several times. He is in Kentucky and I am in Michigan. I have had no luck yet getting a new invoice sent to me:( I'm still waiting.....
  • lynn1102lynn1102 Posts: 13
    I repair shop re-wrote my bill to include the converter. I took it in today and the service manager acted like he didn't know anything about it. I explained it was a Ford recall and he said he would have to read up on the rules and find out how much Ford will pay. I explained to him, and reminded him that he does know about it, that he sends in the receipt along with any other paper work that Ford wants and Ford is going to send me a check for $1450.00. He asked where I got that amount from and I told him to read the newspaper and the letter from Ford. They said 1450 and that's what I want.

Lynn
  • akachasakachas Posts: 5
    Latest and hopefully last update: We got our check for $1,450.00 in the mail today from the dealer (Watertown MA Ford). It took 7 business days from the day I brought copies of our receipts and handed them to the service manager. I have to say it is gratifying after such a long wait -- our tranny got replaced in Jan. 2009 and we traded the van in 2010. I also want to note that the Ford web site is not accurate. I just punched in our VIN and it STILL says there are no recalls. So walking into the dealer with receipts and having a calm, fact-based conversation with the service manager is the way to go.
  • andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,325
    that staying away from the Big 3 automakers has been a good and wise decision for my lifetime.
  • I too recieved a recall notice for my 2004 Freestar back in January and to date, have received no further communication. My VIN also doesn't show up as a recall vehicle. The interesting part to this is that I sent my daughter to the Ford dealer to get an additional replacement key and fob. They took the vehicle in and did an inspection "that we did not ask for", and said they needed to order the parts for my transmission. (We lost the transmission just over a year ago - my daughter was driving on a highway when it occurred). I paid $2980 at my local mechanic to have a Ford re-built transmission put in to replace the existing one before the recall went into effect. What I find interesting is that we never ask the dealer to exam the car, but they automatically did this and ordered the parts. It took the dealer 2 days to get the parts in. I now need to get my original receipt and look for certain part #'s to see if the re-built transmission needs the parts, but I will be looking for a rebate on the expense I paid to have the transmission replaced. I think it is disgusting that Ford is only willing to pay $1450. I guess the extra $1500 I paid out to fix their mistake doesn't make them feel justified in reimbursing us. Just my two cents.
  • I just saw on the news today that Ford is now suing the manufacturer of a part used on the freestar that has caused them to issue a recall of an undisclosed amount!! Do you think they will get more than we will?? I also heard that this same company is still continuing to make parts for other vehicles Ford offers. Maybe if they win their case, they will then refund for the transmissions too!! It would be nice for someone to take responsibility here!!!
  • OK EVERYONE WHO WOULD BY FORD AGAIN I GOT MY 1450.00 TODAY AFTER 5 DAYS AND 4 YEARS WAITING !!! AS FAR AS IAM CONCERNED MY NEXT CAR OR VAN WILL BE SOMETHING AMERICAN MADE I HOPE BUT IF I CANT FIND A GOOD DEAL I WILL HAVE TO GO TO TOYOTA ,,,,FORD WAS THE LAST STRAW THEY WAS FORCED TO GIVE US THWE REFUND AND THEY WAITED TILL ALOT OF PEOPLE COULD NOT GET IT FOR SOME REASON OR THE OTHER I HAVE HEARD SOME STUPID THINGS FORD IS WANTING TO GET OUR REFUND sorry for the yelling but i can stop now that i got my money i replied to this message and i hope it gets posted but if it only gose to one person would you post this for me iam not real good on the bb thanks rex
  • nope i was 3 states away got mine in 5 days
  • go to another dealer there is no trying about it they will fill the form out and send you the money as long as it says torque converter
  • ok we got our refund but we still need it fixed what i have read and seen is there is a bad design flaw and they have a work around and they still have to fix that just because our van is moving and the torque converter was replaced it still can happen so help me help you by sending more e-mails to ford stating now we have our refunds now fix the flaw or you will pay again helppppp meeeee
  • she is wrong you get 1450.00 dont settle print all these 1450.00 out and show her what a joke she is going by what it would cost her to replace it ford is such a jerk they remind me of sbc ALL MONEY HUNGRY LIKE THEY HAVE NOT GOT ENOUGH WALK IN THESE BROKE [non-permissible content removed] SHOES FORD
  • I just got off the phone with Ford Motor Company. Looks like I have to go back to my repair shop and tell them to update my receipt so I to can get my refund.

The customer support center indicated that if it specifically did not identify the replacement of the torque converter, it wouldn't be paid. I told them there was no "recall" at the time of the incident and that the entire transmission was replace as a result. Ridiculous!!!!!!!!!! I had a Ford transmission installed which means I could potentially have the same problem with that one, but I don't dare bring it to the dealer, I don't trust them. Guess we'll wait and see.
  • gobamagobama Posts: 16
    My work was done by a local transmission shop. The receipt did mention the torque converter. My van was part of the recall and I took the information to a local Ford Dealer in Huntersville, NC. We received a check for the full amount they allowing from the dealer within 10 to 12 days of submitting. I was pleased with the overall process on this after working almost 2 years on this project.