Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Highlander Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• For stains, before you use any other cleaners on them, use "TECH" Stain Remover. Works GREAT!
  • I would like to get seat covers for my wife's 2006 Highlander. Beside the dealer I would like to learn if anyone could recommend another source for a quality seat cover that fits well. Thank you, Bill
  • cino72cino72 Posts: 10
    I see 100's of post with people saying I have them and I dont but no mention of brand's, ease of instal, damage to paint and a good source to purchase them.
    I want the bug deflector for the hood, wind deflector for the moon roof and maybe the little visors for the windows
    thanks in advance
  • You're right -- a lot of people say that their wind deflector was easy to install but fail to mention which brand it was!

I have the Toyota brand hood bug deflector and it was quite easy to install -- no drilling; just affixing adhesive-backed sheet plastic strips to protect the paint and tightening some set screws. The Toyota brand is shaped a bit differently than the aftermarket ones, so you should look at both to see if you have a preference.

The sunroof wind deflector I installed was a JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) Toyota brand, meaning it's the one sold in Japan for HLs there, and is different from the one sold here in the U.S. interestingly enough; available from www.myautofashion.com and also quite easy to install; only reason I bought this one is the U.S. Toyota version wasn't available yet at the time.
  • fvpfvp Posts: 147
    I went with Toyota brand hood and sunroof deflector. They look good and install was a breeze.
  • jjsjjs Posts: 18
    I got my covers from seatcoverfactory.com for my 2005 HL about 1 year ago. They holding up ok.
  • goldstongoldston Posts: 110
    I put a Toyota brand wind deflector on the hood on my wifes 2001 H/L Limited in June 2001. It went on quite easily and is still functioning.
  • Any ideas/leads on a storage bin that would fit between the front seats?
    I went and talked to my dlr today about auto locks (dont ask) and he gave me the wind deflector for the moon roof for free they seem to be a great dealership.

any idea where i can see pics of the toyota brand and after market hood deflector would be nice if shown on a bluestone. I would really like a nice form fitting that matches the hoods contours
    thanks for the replys
  • There's a Toyota brand stand-alone center console that retails for about $200 from the dealer; it's maybe 6" wide, 16" long and 10" deep, available in gray or beige to match your interior. There may be aftermarket center consoles available too; I'm not sure where but start with www.jcwhitney.com, one of the most popular online auto parts retailers. :)
  • I'd imagine the hood deflector would look pretty good on a bluestone; see http://catalog.toyotaparts4u.com/MC-BAGF-CI.aspx for a pic of a Toyota brand hood deflector, and see http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Bug-Shield-2001-2006-Toyota-Highlander-Deflector_W0QQitemZ8- 007230495QQcategoryZ38659QQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem for a pic of an after-market hood deflector.
    Thanks for the links
  • I'm trying to flog my center console and wrote about it here some time ago. If anyone's interested in it please e-me:
    bhennessey at bluecrab dot org
    gazguzler, "Toyota Highlander Owners: Accessories & Modifications" #967, 8 Aug 2005 2:21 pm
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    I'm not sure what you mean by "flog", but just a reminder that buying/selling is not permitted here.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

Any one know of a to hook my mp3 player up with either the FM or tape adapter? and whats the quality of sound from each?

Also i would like to add 1 sub just for a little bass is there any easy way to do this.even a self powered sub would be fine.

I have the limited HL with the JBL 6disc changer head unit.
    Thanks in advance
  • cino, I have been using an FM transmitter with my iPod and the sound quality is pretty ordinary. Dull in fact. Am looking to get a tape adapter which surprisingly, after doing some research appears to be a better solution. If I will the lottery I might even put in an AUX input for a direct line it.
  • I want to get at the connections behind my 6 disc in dash stacker. to do this it would eppear the simplest way will be to remove it. How do I get it out? This is my setup. image

Do I just pry the surround which I have numebered (1)off? Or must I do something with the parts numbered (3) & (4)?

Thanks..
  • I did this on my 2006 HiHy to add factoryinteractive's XM radio. You do pry off #1 (#2 is attached to it). The bottom came loose first for me. I wouldn't recommend any tools, just fingernails and lots of careful pulling. For me, it came off just as I was about to give up. It is held on by compression fittings only.

Once 1&2 are gone, there are 6 10mm bolts holding everything else in.

Oh, and (at least on my 2006) you cannot do this without first popping the little cap forward and to the left of the shifter with a small flat headed screwdriver. Once the cap is off a small button is exposed. Pressing this button releases the shifter so you can take it all the way down and out of your way. Parking Brake HIGHLY recommended.

Good luck!
  • Thanks Rodney, just what I wanted to know. If I stop worrying about breaking something for a couple of days it will enable my fingernails to grow long enough to pull it off ;)
    As an aside, I am in Australia and my car has the shift lock override button labeled and readily accessible. Different laws I guess! Cheers.
  • You're not the only one worried about fingernails -- see post 2243 in the 2006 Hybrid Toyota Highlander discussion for another person's experience in replacing the radio.