Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Windstar Warning Lights/Codes

Comments

• mrb43mrb43 Posts: 2
    Ford Windstar, 1996: I pulled the code with my OBD II code reader and it says that camshaft sensor "A" in "Bank 1" is malfunctioning. I take it that there are more than one sensor since my OBD II manual lists another code number that refers to sensor "B" in "Bank 1 or 2", I can't remember exactly. Anyway, what has to be replaced and what do I ask for at the parts house?
  • mrb43mrb43 Posts: 2
    I have a 1996 Windstar and I also purchased a code book that is really informitive! It is my understanding that there is no cycle for the check engine light. I also bought a Chiltons auto manual for that year and model. That also was very good. I had a problem with my camshaft sensor. I followed the tech information and the light went out. If you go to an Auto Zone or some other auto supply that will pull the codes for free, it will be in the manual of codes and then you go to the repair manual and you should be home free. Lots of luck.
    Mrb43
  • My engine light is on but everything seems to be ok.
    My tire light is on, does that mean that I have a low tire. I pressed the tire reset button but it stays on.
    The light is on that looks like the emblem at the left side of my headlight switch. What is it?
  • I have a 1999 Windstar and am getting these lights on very often. I took it into my local ford dealer where they ran the diagnostic and he told me there was a wrong code entered. So they disabled the code but these lights are even more annoying that before. It doesn't happen every day and it doesn't even depend on the mileage,
    Has anyone got any ideas ?? :confuse:
  • My check engine light is still on. Have replaced all 4 O2 sensors and intake manifold gaskets. Engine runs fine, good gas mileage. Does replacing the MAF, IAT sensors and possibly the fuel pressure regulator solve these problems? Vehicle has 123,000 miles. dane alley
  • I have a 2002 windstar and it is idling rough but runs fine. The emmission warning light has now come on. What are the possible causes for this problem?
    Any help would be grateful
  • A warning light has come on on my dash board. It looks like a water pump and is located over the temp gauge. Does that mean my water pump is going bad or is it not the pump at all? Please help!
  • kjl01kjl01 Posts: 1
    We have a Windstar that has numerous error codes on it. We don't know what they all are but we do know that we have lights on all over the dash. The check engine light, the ABS light, the brake light emergency brake light. We were told by the dealer that there was 18 error codes. Of course they wouldn't tell us what they were unless we paid them. We also drive down the road and the inside lights blink. Also, the engine idle bucks and pulsates and lights dim in and out. Hopefully we can get rid of this van soon. Sooooo many problems and horrible gas mileage, 13 to 1 4 at best.
  • 1999 Ford Windstar SE, 3.8l engine. I know there had been some discussion on here about this same thing, but i am wondering if these codes might be inter related. codes are P0171 (too lean bank 1) P0174 (too lean bank 2) P0301 ( miss fire cylinder #1) and P0304 (miss fire #4). I have changed the coil pack, plugs and wires and the miss fire problem still exists for the miss fire (i have been told that si the problem and fix). I have been told the too lean problem is due to the O2 Sensors. there is 101277 miles on the engine. Now, the engine idles rough, and with overdrive on and cruising at 70 MPH on the highway and 2100 RPMs, the engine shakes real bad. When i turn the OD off, the RPMs go up to about 3000 RPM, and the engine smooths out. When i pull the spark plug on #1, it is dirty and wet with oil. Now for the question, do i need to try to change the coil pack pulgs wires, and O2 sensors, ro do i need to just take it in for a tune up and have the timing checked?
  • 99 Windstar SE, 3.8, 88,000 miles. Trans rebuilt at 39,000. I've read so many blogs about this van today that I see I'm not alone with my experience. Like so many others, I too was swayed by the 5-star crash rating at the time. I think it should be 5 stars for electrical and mechanical crashes. Current issue: Has been to the dealer three times for "Check Engine Light" issues - no surprise, always something different and I have to pay big $$$. Latest issue: "CEL" came on, van was running rough. Before I could get it in to the dealer, the "OD" light started flashing intermittently. When diagnostics was done, they said it was a "IMRC" clip that had to be replaced (reason given for "CEL"), and the tranny had to be overhauled because the "OD" light issue was internal ($1600.00 labor, plus parts). I declined the tranny work - repair exceeds car's value. When I got home from the dealer, the "CEL" was on again and it was still running rough. Dealer claims this is due to trans problem. Is this correct? I thought the "CEL" dealt with emissions issues. Any enlightenment appreciated.
  • I have a 2002 windstar and when i am driving down the road the OD light will start blinking and I have no idea what the problem is. If you know what the problem is please let me know. :sick:
  • check all your bulbs make syre they are the correct type
  • mhorn1mhorn1 Posts: 2
    I own a 2000 Ford Windstar and my ABS light popped on it goes on then disappears i had taken it to a shop they came up with3 codes but 2 are the same is it worth me getting this van fixxed i have put work into it and its been treating me right we are suppose to drive to florida next year in it. What should i do?? :confuse: :)
    This van has 112,300miles
  • old89lscold89lsc Posts: 7
    What error codes did you get?
    Your wet spark plug tells the whole story. When a spark plug is covered with oil, that is not the spark plug's or ignition system's fault, it is the result of excessive engine wear (valves or rings). I have come across the same problem in older vehicles. There is something called a spark plug non-fouler, which screws into the spark plug hole in the engine block and then holds the spark plug. Make sure to get a long one that will completely hold your (new) spark plug. This should return your engine back to decent operation. You should be able to pick one up at any auto parts store.
  • mhorn1mhorn1 Posts: 2
    Hello,
    codes are c1155 lf speed sensor input ckt failure
    c1233 wheel speed lf input signal missing
    B2477 module configuration failure

not sure what any of it means need to take to mechanic :( :confuse:
  • beerzbeerz Posts: 1
    Our 1999 windstar is in have front end work done. there is a warning code 1518. Does anyone know what it is for?????
    Looking on the internet, it appears that your left front wheel speed sensor has gone bad:

C1155 Wheel Speed Sensor LF Input Circuit Failure ABS
    C1233 Wheel Speed LF Input Signal Missing ABS

The B2477 error looks like it could be related to the ABS system, and replacing the supposedly defective left front wheel speed sensor should fix all three errors. If you are afraid of doing the job yourself, call a couple of different shops and ask them for a quote for replacing the left front wheel speed sensor. They won't want to at first, but if you insist they should be able to give you a quote for parts/labor for the job.

Good luck.
  • don777don777 Posts: 2
    My 99 Windstar has OBDII code P0720 "Output Speed Sensor Circuit Malfunction". Other forums state that this is also called a "Turbine Speed Sensor" or "Output Shaft Sensor", but I am confused as to the location and proper name. One forum stated that on the Windstar it's called a TSS, but another suggested that there are both an OSS and a TSS on the tranny. The challenge here is ordering the right sensor. One online Ford Store lists an "Output Shaft Sensor" for this vehicle, but no "Output Speed Sensor" or "Turbine Speed Sensor". Can someone help clarify things for me?
  • edandjenedandjen Posts: 1
    well i have the same problem with my 1999 wind star and i found out the od means transmision problems get to a dealer as soon as u can my car goese in the shop tommorow for transmision.......................
  • Could you tell me where you bought you code manual , I would like to get one. Thank you, a windstar owner.
  • nezercurrnezercurr Posts: 1
    Hi FYI

I just called two Autozones. Sorry to say they don't have a code checker for the ABS Lights only the Check Engine Light. The ABS is a seperate system. We are going through the same thing right now.

You can go to this link to read more on the ABS issues and a new recall on this...... http://www.fordwindstarrecall.info/

Good luck to all of US. :cry:
  • Hi,
    I have a 2002 Ford Windstar. After starting the van, a series of 5 beeps are heard and it repeats itself 4 more times. My airbag light is out. Could this cause the alarm? Also, is it common for these lights to burn out or do you think it is an airbag problem? I am also having the same problem with the ABS light appearing occasionally. I think this is the ECM. I have read about this on other sites. I hope Ford recalls that problem! Thanks for your help!
  • Is there an easy way to reach the back 3 sparkplugs? or do i have to remove alot of other parts that are in the way?
  • The factory alarm (horn and blinking lights) in our 2000 SE keeps randomly going off whenever we lock the van. Unfortunately the PATS is on the same fuse as the PCM so it can't be simply disabled that way.

Anyone else experience this? Is the PATS it's own computer that maybe just needs replaced? Can it be disable by an authorized service tech?

Thanks!
  • edwinwedwinw Posts: 1
    I have a 1998 ford windstar in which the door ajar warning sounds all the time below about 15 miles per hour. The doors are secure. It is a back up vehicle and i just want to silence the alarm.
  • alice9alice9 Posts: 1
    I have a windstar 2001, also has the ABS light and brake lights coming on together.
    I need a fix and no one in Utah seems to know how. Please anyone with information
    on what to do send me anything. My son will fix it, just needs to know how. Cannot
    pass inspection with lights coming on.
  • Hi, I have a 2002 Windstar SEL. When I took it to have the emissions tested, it failed. Of course, they don't test the emissions, they just hook up their adapter to the computer. The Diagnostic Trouble Codes returned were P0171 and P0174 (system too lean, bank 1 and bank 2, respectively). Does anyone know exactly what needs to be fixed? I was talking to a mechanic recently, and he said he's pretty sure that some fuel injection seals are bad, they're letting too much air in, and that's why it's giving those codes. He said it's a common problem with the Windstars, and it would cost $300 - $400 to fix. Has anyone else had these codes before? Thanks.