Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Windstar Warning Lights/Codes

1235»

Comments

• I had the same problem with my 2001. I changed the fuel filter. It is located on the drivers side along the frame. It was only about 20 bucks. But you should also check your fuel pressure. Sounds like it could also be a fuel pump talking to you telling you it's going to go.
  • Anyone know the Airbag code 16? It drives me nuts. it only does it once in a while and usually about 5 minutes after I start driving.
  • I have the same problem & I have posted somewhere else on this but I have now found out some info( @ least for the Beast)that may answer partly. The red light is not just the Parking(Emaergency) brakes. It is also for you service brakes It is used as a warning for both. In My case this light is on constant but There is nought wrong with any part of my braking system and the same for the ABS light. I had a situation whereas I had to use a panic stop last winter & my ABS worked evry bit as well as it is supossed to & I was able to steer away og the jerk that tried to jump up in front of me. With out of ABS, I may have hit hime broadside. Although( being on a pension) I haven't explored it further, my mechanic thell me it is probably just fauly sesors so to heck with it. When I get aound to fixing her, I will also bring up the ground issue mentioned here. Although I have a bounch of Gremlins, I love this beautiful SEL. Oh it`s a 02. Angela ;) ;)
  • carl96carl96 Posts: 1
    My 2000 Winstar engine light came on also and stayed on but ran fine. I replaced the upper and lower intake gaskets and you must replace new Ford bolts. Have not had any more trouble.
  • That happens to my 02 as well but I now just ignore it as the code comes up as " lean:- L bank"& I just had my Van air cared & it is putting out less emmissions than our 02 Camry. if it comes on I just get the code checked & then I ignore it till the next time.
  • The "check engine" light and the ABS/Brake lights are on in my 2002 Ford Windstar. I stopped at Advance Auto near my work and was given the following codes:
    P401 "exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected"
    C1246 ABS outlet valve coil RR circuit failure
    C1185 ABS power relay output circuit failure
    C1198 ABS inlet valve coil LF circuit failure
    C1254 ABS inlet valve coil RR circuit failure
    C1250 ABS inlet valve coil LR circuit failure
    C1210 ABS outlet valve coil RF circuit failure
    C1242 ABS outlet valve coil LR circuit failure
    C1214 ABS inlet valve coil RF circuit failure
    C1194 ABS outlet valve coil LF circuit failure

Does anyone know what will fix these codes/problems?
  • Mary I am sorry to hear this & I guess I am lucky there as my code reads only come back with one code & that is Lean L. Bank. This is an indicator of O2 sensor but even with this code showing, the old gal still pasted Air Care this year & with flying colors. I comared the values of my 02 SEL against the AC readings of our 02 Canry (4cyl) & other than fuel mileage :cry: the Ford beat the Toyota in every category.
    Now as for the 2 brake system warning lights are concerned. Mine have been on in the 2 years I have owned this big beautiful old gal. But I have found out that it is just sensors that are faulty & not the system. This should help easy some of the angsiety. I have found out Via an emergency situation that my ABS & Braking systems are working in top order. I just don't worry about them anymore as it is too costly to search & replace the sensors. The ABS system is designed that if it fails, your brakes revert back to normal brakes. That is Normals for all us oldsters out there. Hope all this helps you. Cheers Angela :D
  • tracy70tracy70 Posts: 1
    hi guys, sorry im totally not a car person, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting rid of the flashing OD light on my Windstar?? Oh and the ABS light comes on a lot too... any tip at all would be gratefully appreciated, thanx for reading.
  • I have the same annoying problem and I can't remember where I got the info but the beeps are to let you know that your ABS SYSTEM needs its annual service, in other words, they want your money to just reset it.
1235»