Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Jetta Audio/Entertainment Questions

Comments

• I bought a used 2003 Jetta for my daughter with only 12,000 miles on it. The Monsoon radio suddenly stopped working. The display shows FM 88.1 (the radio staion) but there is no sound and the radio is frozen, meaning none of the channel, AM, FM bass, treble etc buttons work. If you raise the sound, you see the bar increasing the sound, but again nothing comes out. If you put in a cd, the display shows the cd is playing, but the cd control buttons are completely ineffective. I disconnected the battery to try to put the radio in Safe mode and then reset it, but apparenly the disconnect power anti-theft only works if the radio is put into another car. Any suggestios would be greatly appreciated. The warrenty is expired and if there is no fix for this I'll just buy an after-market radio and have it installed. Thanks.
  • lj069lj069 Posts: 1
    Good day all !! Got a Monsoon amplifier from a 2000 Jetta but no wiring diagram. It came with the multi-pin connector plugs & wire but alass , which wires go where? Does anybody know? Or , where can a person get a wiring diagram... HELP !! Thanx for your time and efforts !? PEACE Larry

You can email me at lj069069@yahoo.com if it is easier ! THANX again
  • Hey,
    Did you ever find out what was causing your problem? I have the exact same year Jetta with the exact same Monsoon radio and the EXACT same symptoms.
    John
  • Where do you buy this 1/8" plug thing?
  • Yeah the wire was split open and had to replace it.
  • I bought a kit from radio shack for mp3
  • I also have XM radio and I have the same problem. The dealer has no solutions, and so far I have found nothing online.

Some people indicate this is a problem with the xm signal, which is incorrect. If there is no signal, the radio says NO SIGNAL. NO SAT RADIO means the radio does not recognize that you have a satellite module installed (according to the dealer).

Hopefully someone will figure this out!
  • Which "wire" are you referring to? I have the same freakin' problem!

Thanks,
    John C.
  • Yes, I'm having the exact same problem. Help!
  • jea2jea2 Posts: 1
    We have the same exact problem as described with our Monsoon in a 2003 Jetta. Has anyone found a solution yet?
  • jbrunerjbruner Posts: 2
    My Monsoon stereo did the same thing yesterday. I have found numerous sites where people have had the same problems but no one has posted any of their solutions. Were you able to fix it? If so, how? Did you have to replace the head unit? If so, did you get another Monsoon or did you go after-market? If I have to replace the head unit, will I have to replace the amp too? Will the speakers need to be re-wired?

Please, someone, let me know what you did!
  • jbrunerjbruner Posts: 2
    What wire? I same year Jetta and I don't know what to do to fix the thing.
  • rdjettardjetta Posts: 1
    Will the 2004 Jetta radio play mp3 files from CD?
  • rbjohnstonrbjohnston Posts: 1
    So I have the auxiliary input jack in the glove box, and it's worked in the past. However now I can't seem to get in AUX mode. I hold down the CD button (that's what the manual said to do) and get nothing it just stays in CD mode.

Can any body help me out here? I need to hear my mp3s. :)
  • kennbeekennbee Posts: 5
    Is it possible that, as this type of system relies on a signal from a satellite, it has to locate the signal source when it starts up? I would imagine it would use some sort of GPS type tracker to keep the signal going while the car is moving (and while the radio is operating) but would need to re-calibrate after being off.

There should also be two "hot" wires. One powers the radio and the other powers the presets (and the anti-theft protection) so perhaps the one for the preset is not connected (internally) properly.

This is only a theory but it makes some sort of sense.
  • kennbeekennbee Posts: 5
    I seem to have replied to the wrong person. Here we go again:

Is it possible that, as this type of system relies on a signal from a satellite, it has to locate the signal source when it starts up? I would imagine it would use some sort of GPS type tracker to keep the signal going while the car is moving (and while the radio is operating) but would need to re-calibrate after being off.

There should also be two "hot" wires. One powers the radio and the other powers the presets (and the anti-theft protection) so perhaps the one for the preset is not connected (internally) properly.

This is only a theory but it makes some sort of sense.
  • sean32sean32 Posts: 2
    My VW Jetta 2.5 (2008 Model) has got an AUX-IN jack inside the armset. I don't know how can I get the audio system to read the input from an external device which is connected to the AUX-IN jack. I read the manual and it says you should press and hold CD button, but it really doesn't do anything. Any idea how can I get it to work?
  • sean32sean32 Posts: 2
    I have the same problem. Any update on this?
  • jwfejwfe Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 wolfsburg and frequently use the Aux-in with ipod. I haven't had any problems. You just press the CD button twice. The first time you press it the screen should say CD. The second time you press it the screen should read Aux-in. Hope that helps.
  • surfmansurfman Posts: 11
    Just purchased an '04 Jetta. Does anyone know the power rating of the Monsoon head unit and the size of the speakers (four tweeter size speakers mounted at the top of the doors and four speakers mounted at the bottom of each door? Also, has anyone had any problems with an '04 Monsoon unit?