Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 460 Owner Experiences

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    I think you get those in the L model. May take a special package, but it would only be in the L.
  • If you get this are the back seats "bucket" seats such that you can only have 4 passengers, or does the center console fold away so that you could still have 5?
  • Just purchased a 2008 CPO LS460L. A few questions: does Lexus provide a cargo mat for trunk or do you only get it yourself aftermarket? Rear rotors were rusted pretty good. Dealer claims they tried to clean them but "rotor was rusted through" and when they cleaned them they didnt come very clean. They look terrible. Should I push the dealer harder? I tried and he offered to buy the car back but refused to try cleaning any harder or replace rotor ("several thousand $$"). Finally, I just noticed some small wind noise at high speeds from driver side window? Am I missing something?
    The Cargo Mat is optional, or can be purchased from Lexus Accessories after.

The Brakes are not impaired from the rust, and depending upon the wetness of your climate, may diminish with use. Unless you are in the rain belt.

They all have a little wind noise from the driver's window at high speed. My 09 does it too. It's not terrible for me, I can live with it for all of the beauty, quality and features of the car. But even if it really tweaks you, there is nothing that can be done so far.
  • edarteedarte Posts: 41
    There is a solution for the wind noise (go to clublexus web site and search for jmcraney.
  • aboabedaboabed Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I too have the same problem, have you got any cure to it.
    Thanks
  • roccodas5roccodas5 Posts: 1
    I have dealt with Lexus Of Las Vegas and Im very upset with how they conduct their business. They claim to do 161 points inspection to make a vehicle certified (CPO). I have several friends who bought CPO from them and it always turned out to have major problems. I had the same experience with them. This dealership is cutting corners. Dont buy anything from them !
  • alawoodalawood Posts: 3
    My Dealer tell me the ping is from the fuel pump.
    well, ok, but the fuel pump is in the rear inside the fuel tank, so I rather think the injector story makes more sense.
  • dcwalkerdcwalker Posts: 29
    I pressure injectors are the cause of the noise. The cause of the problem is Lexus engineers.
  • My LS 460 has 9600 miles on it. Since 1000 miles it has had a ping at idle..600rpm and up to 1000 rpm. It comes and goes. The sound is more like a high pitch "teek teek teek" above the normal engine noise. It sounds like it is coming from just in front of the firewall. Almost like a rattle or precombustion....or valve lifters or transmission bypass valve knocking.
    Ive had it in 5 times. Does it in forward and reverse but not park. Seems to kick in when there is a light load in the driveline and the rpm drops to a minimum 60 :mad: :lemon: 0.
    A mechanic told me the materials Lexus uses have changed over the years to more economic ones...and the engines are not as problem free as in the past.
    Do you think I should go the lemon law route? I live in CA. The new car is 10 months old.
    Been the Lemon Law route. Failed. They were so impressed with the LS, they could hear nothing. Total waste of my time. Your noise is high pressure injector noise. Comes and goes. Lexus won't fix it because they don't know how. Like everything else that goes wrong with the LS. I sold mine three months ago. Got tired of hearing the same answers every time I took it in for something. I gave the LS 18 years of loyalty only to be given the finger by Lexus. No more.
    Turn up the radio! You have to listen so closely to hear that tick, it is nothing to worry about, nothing wrong, and you dump your car or call it a lemon because of that? I've had all kinds of luxury cars, including Mercedes. None were better, certainly none were as efficient as the Lexus. And I don't know what "mechanic" told you Lexus is using cheaper engines, but he's talking through his butt. The 460 gets better mileage than the 430 did, and has 100 more hp! I say, bring on the ticking injectors! I'll turn the radio up for that kind of improvement and technology.
    Since you referred to "You Guys", I will opine. Having raced cars and worked on them for a living for part of my life, I think I understand the mechanics of these things a little better than the average Joe. You are right. There is nothing wrong with high pressure injectors. What is wrong is that Lexus sells this automobile as being the quietest car on the planet. When the windows make more wind noise than a pickup truck and gasoline engines start sounding like a diesel, then one might correctly complain that Lexus has an issue. Worse yet, they can't be honest enough to tell their patrons that the noise you are hearing is the noise of high pressure injectors. I had to tell them. As for myself, I have also owned most of the other "luxury" sedans you mentioned, including the LS for 18 years. I have been driving every kind of car on the planet in the past 50 years and I can tell you one thing. I have never had a car company have to replace both side door windows, rebuild the seats, replace all of the valve springs, replace the injector fuel rails, replace the brake actuator, and a handful of more minor issues, all within 40,000 miles. I would wish you good luck with your LS, but you have a radio. That should do the job.
    You are prone toward hyperbole, aren't you? :P Having had none of those issues with my 09, my 05, and my 02 LSes, and tens if issues with my 03 S-Class, I'm happy with a little ticking under the hood. And yes, I have the Mark Levinson, best system I've ever had.

All I stated was, the ticking was not a reason to flip out.
  • I have traded my Ls460no more wind sound brake grabbing no more hard seat no more transmission shift up no down or ? no more whistling no more lexus .after15 years
  • What has experience with Lexus shown to be a great tire. I have Dunlop tires on a 2008 ls 460L. It is a terrible ride. I expected a much smoother ride. What type of tires would you suggest?
  • I have the same issue with the 2008 ls460l. They are changing the strip on the passenger side. We will see if that works.
    I have Pirellis on mine, I think the ride is fine.
  • Is the "same issue" you are referring to the wind noise/whistling that affects many of the 07-10 LS460s and LS600s?