Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus LS 460 Owner Experiences

Comments

• rpacrpac Member Posts: 83
    Hello Rennybosch -
    II understand your problem but I would not make a special trip to the dealer. Maybe next time you go in for oil change etc you might mention it. The reason I say this is the fact that I own a 09 LS460, since Sept 1st. I have found, where it is buried deep in one of the manuals where the car gets to know you. It functions in accordance with your habits. First car I have heard of that acts like this, although I think Mercedes high end has the same thing. As an example. Unfortunately I was sideswiped by an 18 wheeler and to make a long story short the battery was disconnected for 2 weeks. When I first drove the car again nothing seemed to work right, especially the radio, XM etc. But I am now finding that slowly but surely without me doing anything, things are beginning to return to my mode of driving. In your case you might just wish to check the battery terminals and also what else you carry in your pocket. Anywhere near a cell phone is a big no no. Don’t know if I have been of any help to you, but I do wish you the very best of luck. Also, I just happened to think.Are their any high tension wires around where your car is parked? This too could cause a problem with your remote.
    Rpac
  • jmcraneyjmcraney Member Posts: 19
    You need a new battery in your remote key. It is a DIY thing - battery cost about $3 (available at camera stores and office supply stores). The part # for the battery is CR1632.
  • jbianco12jbianco12 Member Posts: 125
    Hi Everyone.
    Just ordered a new L. Had to special order as it appears very few are being made in Deep Sea Mica without the rear seat upgrade. (The cool box takes up too much truck real estate for my tastes.) It will take about 60-90 days for delivery. For those in Los Angeles, Lexus Santa Monica made the sales process easy.
  • rennyboschrennybosch Member Posts: 329
    Thanks for the replies. I didn't think the battery would be low (it's an 08 car -- less than two years old), but when I checked the battery it was down to 2.87 v. I replaced it with a new one ($1.49 at Fry's), which measured 3.26 v.

Actually I don't even believe 2.87 v would have caused a malfunction in the key. That's less than 5% below spec. So it might have been something totally unrelated. In any event if it happens again I'll post back.
  • kenalexkenalex Member Posts: 1
    It seems I am the only person in the world who has a harsh ride problem in my 460.

The ride is noisy with definite thumps and front transmission noises which I would not expect.

The ride is harsh, as if the air ride is not working.

My sons 4wd Ford is smoother over similar roads.

The dealer says its tires. "Low profile are always noisy etc."

Any help would be appreciated
  • dcwalkerdcwalker Member Posts: 29
    Well, I started this conversation regarding the erractic behavior of my LS460 a long time ago. I have not revisited this site since, but the problem still exists with the transmission and now the performance. I have gone so far as to take this issue to the Lemon Law board. By the way, don't bother. These idiots are in love with this car and would not know a rough shift from a smooth. Back to my Lexus. Now my performance is erratic. It runs too lean, but don't try to tell that to the Lexus people. In cold weather, I have an entirely different car. Once the temp rises past 70ish, it is not fun to drive any longer. Smooth and quiet in cold weather, noisier and erratic when it is warm. I noticed someone say that their dealer talked about the car learning the habits of its driver. BS. The reality is that Lexus just won't admit that this car is not perfect. This is my third LS and the most unpredictable one. I will never buy another. My Chevrolet 3/4 ton diesel pickup truck is more predictable. Enough said.
  • georget3georget3 Member Posts: 53
    dcwalker:

Sorry to hear your LS460 troubles. My 2008 LS460 has now 11,000 miles in it. The occasional transmission roughness and windshield noise are still there. I have accepted the car with these faults.

The way it is now, my next car is going back to MB S class.

I believe many Lexus fans simply over exaggerated the smoothness and quietness of their beloved Lexus.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    Mine is a 2009 with 11,000 miles. It IS perfect. I have no wind noise, and the transmission is silky smooth. So either they finally got it right by 2009, or I am fortunate.
    As far as I'm concerned, everything that was wrong with the LS430, (and there wasn't much) was fixed with the 460, and the 460 is perfect. The drive is better, the ride is better, the seats are better, the features are better, the style is better, the power is better, etc. I'm completely satisfied with my 460. I had 2 430s before.
  • bunnyrabby5bunnyrabby5 Member Posts: 1
    My LS 460 HAS BEEN IN THE SHOP 4 TIMES FOR THIS WIND NOISE! NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER. MY NEXT STEP WILL BE A LAW SUIT. IT DONT MAKE SENSE TO PAY OVER 70TH DOLLARS FOR A LEMON. I HAVE DRIVEN LEXUS SINCE 1994 BUT I WILL NOT BUT ANOTHER UNLESS THEY MAKE THIS RIGHT.
    Consumer Reports just named the LS460L the BEST CAR OVERALL for 2010. Based on my experience with my 2009, I agree. It's clearly the finest car I have even owned. They gave it a score of 99 out of 100.
  • georger275georger275 Member Posts: 1
    I have driven a Lexus for more than 15 years and so proud of my new beautiful LS460 delivered last Friday evening. On Saturday after, several panel lights appeared, cruise control stopped working, break hold warning light came on and stated service immediately, etc. Called salesman, not to worry, he says bring in early Monday a quick computer fix, WRONG. Now after many excuses and odd stories and finally a look at my car with the engine half taken apart, I cannot believe what is going on. With less than two hunderd miles and more then $75,000 invested would anyone want to take that same car back after seeing it all apart and basically no one giving me a straight answer at the dealership. Please let me know if anyone else has experienced this with a new delivery of a LS460.
    No surprise here. Everyone knows that there can be lemons with any car company, but Lexus takes it to a new level in the fix-it deparment. My LS is a 2007. They have changed a few things in the new LS to fix the problems that I have experienced. The problem is that they have never been able to fix the problems I have. Lexus service is absurd. They scratch their collective heads and say the computer does not show any problems. Duh! They damn well know that the car has had certain problems. Those issue have been explained on this board with other people, not just me. But it stems from the attitude above, which is coming to light. The car can be sublime when running right. It is a damned nightmare when it isn't. They think they have made the perfect car and can't believe anyone would think otherwise.
    Is the infamous "Wind Noise" one of the problems that still plagues your 2007 LS?
  • rpacrpac Member Posts: 83
    edited March 2010
    :sick: Hellogeorger275
    Very sorry to hear of your troubles with the LS460. I too took delivery a few months ago of the car. The driver’s seat literally collapsed and had to be replaced. I was reminded at the time that it cost Lexus $6,000 to replace it. A host of things started to happen not unlike what you are experiencing; so I finally dumped it and took somewhat of a loss. Am now driving a 2010 RX350. Newly redesigned after many years. Car drives like a truck. I have a bad back and I will have to get rid of this car also. In my humble opinion Lexus has taken to making their cars as cheap as possible and in turn charging more for them. When I drive the RX I feel like I am getting in and old coffee can and driving roughly and noisily down the street. I will get rid of this car ASAP and probably go to a Honda or if I still can afford upscale I will go with Buick or Cadillac or maybe even KIA. Let me say something here George. Your dealer can UNDO your deal. it is possible. I can’t reveal the details online but you can get out of that car without taking a bad hit. Just do it ASAP. You wait too long and…………….One more thing. Yes, I have driven Lexus for over 10 years. I will never ever buy another Lexus – period! :mad: :sick: :sick: :sick: :mad: Anyway good luck to you whichever way you go.
  • kl07rphkl07rph Member Posts: 22
    Very sorry to hear about your troubles too rpac. Having experienced an 8 yr old GS300 in my family's garage (which would have been longer had it not been totaled by a red light crosser), I am surprised and disappointed with the recent complaints on the latest models. Seeing that you are unhappy with your LS and RX, it makes my wife and I really reconsider a 2010 RX350 to replace her current car. IMHO when you do replace the RX, I would not even think, much less consider Buick/GM or KIA. Those aren't even in the same class (albeit the unfortunate problems you experienced) or reliability as Lexus.
    Wow, you guys have me a bit nervous. I'm expecting delivery of my special order 460L next week. I'm praying that it will be as reliable as my 02 460. I never had any major problems with that one...which is why I ordered another Lexus.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    These days, all cars seems to be having their share of problems, so don't worry about it,

The fact is toyota lexus are the front runners with recalls, other than that its still 1 of the most reliable cars.
    Take heart, I have yet to have a problem with my 09, 12,000 miles in, no issues.
  • wel1wel1 Member Posts: 1
    I was going from a 1961 LS430 to a 2009 LS460 and the first thing that is bad is the drivers entrance.I have to insert my right foot into the well and then clear my head at the door sill before I can sit down.This means twisting my my right knee while the head brushes the top of the door sill.Very anoying and eventually painful.I am only 5' 8" so I do not know how a 6 footer does it. Second the ride is very harsh not even close to a LS430. Every undulation,pavement joint,or pot hole is registered painfullly in the drivers kidneys. It drives like an oxcart at any speed be it 30 or 70 MPH. The dealer has the famous automotive answer "they all do it". There is no wind noise as reported by others and so far no down time. This is my 4th LS in 12 Years and my advice is "do not buy it". If you want a truck get one much cheaper then 70K. :mad:
    My new car arrived yesterday, Deep Sea Mica w/ Alabaster interior (Long wheel base version and 19" chrome wheels). It's got all the gadgets except the rear seat upgrade (the fridge takes up too much trunk space for my tastes). After driving about 20 miles, here are my initial impressions:
    - OMG the car is quiet and smooth as silk; much quieter and smoother than my 02 LS 430. I have the adaptive suspension so maybe that is why it feels smoother. No bumps, no wind noise at highway speeds.)
    - The Mark Lev. DVD 16 speaker system is fantastic. My i-pod connected in about 2 seconds and all my music appeared on the screen, organized like an i-pod. The sound quality is superb.
    - No problem getting in and out of the car as some have reported. I'm 5'11" and didn't have any trouble with the foot well.
    - When you step on the gas, this car goes! The engine roars into action. Great for coming up to speed on the LA freeways.
    - The seats are very comfortable, and the leather is very soft. (I have the upgraded leather seats, of course! haha)
    - I love the ability to go to the Lexus owners site and download destinations to the car. It's a very cool feature and easy to use.
    - The bluetooth phone works great. The dealer synced the phone for me and now it's on autopilot. So far I made 1 phone call and the person said that they couldn't tell that I was in a car. The mic picked up my voice and she sid it sounded like I was on a land line.
    - The fit and finish is beautiful. No issues.
    - The dealer at Santa Monica Lexus did a great job going over the car with me and encouraged me to come back anytime if I needed help with any of the electronics.
    Now you might wonder, what don't I like? I am struggling to find anything at this point. This is the nicest car I have ever owned. And so far I am VERY pleased.
    I'll post from time to time as I become more familiar with the car and have more miles behind the wheel...just in case someone is interested out there in cyber land.
  • traumahead2traumahead2 Member Posts: 1
    I also have had four trips to Lexus dealership with all attempts failing to stop the window wind noise. Tried to invoke the Lemon Law through Lexus corporate--a review informs me it is "normal operating condition". Anyone found success in trading out the car?
    edited March 2010
    The wind noise that you are experiencing is not "Normal."

There is an extensive discussion about the problem that is likely causing the wind noise in your car. It is a lot of reading, so if you have some serious interest you should read all of it – 45 pages / 680+ entries.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h/352398-ls460-wind-noise-- - fix-continued-discussion.html

If you will contact me through the other site I will try to help you with some parts and instructions.
  • thy_gallantthy_gallant Member Posts: 14
    I am planning to buy a used 2007 or 2008 LS460, my question is does every LS460 has wind noise problem? if I test drive a car and found it to be quiet, is it safe to assume that it remains that way? or can the wind noise issue develop down the road. Thanks in advance.
    I doubt anyone can answer that question. However, I would say that if the wind noise is not present, it won't be. I would sell you my 2007, but they have yet to fix the wind noise issue after replacing both windows. It is worse.
    "I am planning to buy a used 2007 or 2008 LS460, my question is does every LS460 has wind noise problem?"

The door design is the same for all 07-10 LS460/600s. The wind noise in most of the cars is caused by a trim defect at the corner of the front doors. Although all of them don't have perceptible "wind noise" they will all be quieter if the trim is adequately repaired and those that have extreme wind noise will be transformed into exceptionally quiet cars. Repairing the trim is a $2/10 min DIY project - Lexus will not do this for you.

"If I test drive a car and found it to be quiet, is it safe to assume that it remains that way? or can the wind noise issue develop down the road."

The wind noise onset can occur anytime in the car's life. There are numerous reports on the Internet of wind noise onset developing miles and months after after the vehicle was put into service. Here is a link to a very well written comment regarding that sort of development: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/5098732-post652.html

There is an extensive discussion on this subject at: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls460-ls460l-and-ls600h/352398-ls460-wind-noise-- fix-continued-discussion.html

If you read all the discussion, it is very long, currently 46 pages, you will have a good understanding about the LS460/600 wind noise problem and you will understand that it can be fixed easily.
    I'm 5'11", and find getting into the 460 identical to getting into the 430, and that's with a bum knee. No problem. In fact, one of the reasons I like the 460 is that it's easy to get in and out of. So different strokes, I guess. I love the ride, love the handling, love the power. The car is quite different in those respects from the 430, so I can see why those who loved their 430 for these reasons may not love the 460, but for me, all of these things were improvements over the 430, and made a great car, a perfect car for me. I could not be more pleased with my 460. :shades:
    Thanks jmcraney. I went through the posts and I am comfortable purchasing 2007 or 2008 LS 460. I have further understood that you hold the patent for the fix, congrats.

Once I purchase the car, if it is noisy, I am hoping to take it to the local dealer or body shop and show them your pictures and have them fix it, as I am a poor DIY guy.

Thanks once again.
    thy_gallant,

You are wise to put your "wind noise audition" ear on standby while you select your car.

In the event that you will need to do a wind noise repair to your car you should avoid involving Lexus in that process as they are likely to do an inadequate repair and then that will add confusion. Getting it done at a body shop is a good plan.

I will be pleased to help you with some details and the most current information if you will contact me through the other site.

I love the "patent" humor.

Regards
    jmcraney - Thanks, will contact you after the purchase and seek your help for the fix.
    For those who may be considering the 460 LWB, here are a few more observations after driving the car for 1 week, 300 miles. I just took a recent 200 mile freeway trip, plus about 100 miles of street driving. On the 200 mile freeway trip I averaged 26 mpg, and that's with some stop and go traffic, typical of the LA freeway system.
    - Wow, the car is quiet; probably much quieter than my 430. Also the 460's ride feels much smoother and takes the bumps better. This may be because my new car has the air suspension. It's definately a noticable improvement.
    - The seats are softer and more comfortable. This maybe due to the semi-aniline leather in the 460, which I didn't have in the 430.
    - The upgraded ML audio with 16 speakers is absolutely amazing. I love it. The sound quality is 100% better than the regular ML system in the 430.
    - The navigation system is much improved. The graphics are much better. Also it's really cool how the XM traffic integrates into the navigation system. About 2 miles before I hit slow traffic, the system informed me that it was coming and for how long the traffic was backed-up. I couldn't do much about the traffic, but it was nice to know that it was coming up to calm the nerves.
    - The car is powerful. When you hit the gas the car takes off. There's nothing like an 8-cylinder!
    - When you turn the car off at night, the high beams stay on. I never liked this feature and will have the dealer turn this off the next time I go in for service. It just seems like a life-sucker out of the battery.
    - The rear seat in the LWB is extremely comfortable. Those extra 4 inches are noticable.
    - The telematics feature is also a nifty upgrade from the 430 nav system. You can go to the Lexus website, search a destination on your computer, then download it to the car. I think this method is faster than typing it in on the car's nav screen.
    - When the engine is idleing or in 1st/2nd gear I can hear an engine ping; kind of like a sewing machine. I heard others complain of this but I don't remember what was said about it or if anything can be done. I'll bring it to the dealer's attention when I go in for the 1000 mile check. I think it might be normal, but just want to be sure it's ok. It certainly hasn't impacted the car's performance.
    That's all for now.
    When the engine is idleing or in 1st/2nd gear I can hear an engine ping; kind of like a sewing machine. I heard others complain of this but I don't remember what was said about it or if anything can be done.

It's normal, in that they all do it. Nothing can be done about it.
    Thanks, I thought so. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?
    Can't think of anything, the car is a perfect 10 as far as I'm concerned. I've never been happier with a new car. Hope you find yours as satisfying. :blush:
    Thanks...so far so good. But only have 460 miles on it. I had an 02 LS and didn't have many issues with it, so I don't expect many on the 460. This car is definately a big step up from the 02. All the gadgets are amazing!
    I had an 02 and an 05 LS430. The gagetry of the 460 is indeed amazing, but more important to me is how much better the car drives. Much more Mercedes like, sportier, more solid, more power, better steering and handling. An actual joy to drive as opposed to the "warm wallpaper paste" feel of the 430. My 430s were excellent cars, which is why I went for the 460, but the difference between them is huge. IMO.
    Yeah, I agree 100%. The car definately feels more stable going into turns; it hugs the road better with far less roll. I wasn't sure if that was because of the air suspension or if they tweeked the suspension on all the 460's. When you step on the gas, I can definately feel a difference in the "get up and go". This baby moves, which is nice on the freeways...plenty of power.
  • atom3atom3 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 with the same problem. Forget the battery excuse.
  • atom3atom3 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 460L. Has anyone experienced issues with their audio? My radio is turned on, but when I press the audio button on the navigation screen to view my channels, it says audio off. I have to manually find other channels. After a couple of days, the problem goes away.
    Ping is high pressure injectors. Does not do it all the time, which is a problem in my book, but not in Toyota's. It does not matter what problem I experience with my LS460, unless a light comes on telling them there is a problem, they have no clue. The most unpredictably running auto I have ever driven, with some sweetness in between. Just enough sweetness to drive me crazy.
    Have also done the Lemon Law things and got the same results. Once you get the review, you are at their mercy. Good luck.
    edited July 2010
    Have had my 2007 LS in many times for this problem. They always give me the same answer. No service bulletins and nothing shows on their computer. Cannot duplicate the problem. Evidently, they have known it was a problem for a long time.

Foreign material? Who are they trying to kid. These are valve springs, not fuel injectors. Isn't it interesting that they will not recall 2009/10 LS models. When exactly did they learn it was a problem?

Lexus Announces Intention to Recall Certain
    U.S. Market Vehicles to Replace Engine Valve Springs.
    TORRANCE, Calif. (July 2, 2010) -- Lexus, a division of Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc., today announced that it has informed the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of its intention to file a Defect Information Report (DIR) regarding approximately 138,000 Lexus vehicles, powered by 4.6 and 5.0 liter V8 and 3.5 liter V6 engines in certain 2006, 2007 and 2008 GS, IS and LS models in the U.S. The formal report will be filed the week of July 5.
    In the covered vehicles, due to slight variations during the manufacturing process, some foreign material may have contaminated a small number of the valve springs. If a vehicle is affected, there is a remote possibility that abnormal engine noise or idling may occur. In extremely rare instances, the engine may stop while the vehicle is in operation.
    Lexus estimates that the likelihood of a customer vehicle experiencing this condition is two-tenths of one percent (0.2 %). Lexus has received no reports of accidents or injuries related to this condition. No vehicles from the current 2010 model year nor 2009 are affected.
    Lexus will send owners of the involved vehicles a recall notification via first class mail. Owners are requested to contact their local Lexus dealer for diagnosis and repair after receiving their notification. The repair will involve replacement of the engine’s valve springs at no charge.
    Owners can continue to drive their vehicles. If symptoms are noticed, such as vibration, rough idling, unusual engine sounds or poor performance, the vehicle should be brought to a Lexus dealer for service.
    -more-
    Certain Lexus vehicles produced among the following models and years are covered:
    Model
    Model Year
    GS 350
    GS 450h
    GS 460
    IS 350
    LS 460
    LS 460 L
    LS 600h L
    Customers with questions or concerns should contact the Customer Experience Center at 1-800-255-3987.
  • aboutthetruthaboutthetruth Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a class-action law suit for the 2008 Lexus LS460. Please reply if you have seen this information on many website. Thanking you in advance for your kindness and cooperation concerning this matter.
  • aboutthetruthaboutthetruth Member Posts: 2
    On any website. Thanks!!!!!!!
  • smithgsmithg Member Posts: 9
    Sorry this took so long. The solution was a partially severed receiver. The roof had been replaced because of hail damage. Apparently the receiver was damaged then. It is much better now, but nowhere in the range of other vehicles I see.
    dcwalker:

Have you received your recall notice? Mine is a 2008 LS460 and I have not received any.

I have been driving with jerking at low speed (not bad and consistent enough to fight for it). And, yes, the engine idles with pretty loud noise. That is one of the reasons why I complained on this board that many LS fans simply exaggerated the quietness of this car.
    No. Have not received yet. It is supposed to be mailed this month. I suspect that you can take it in anyway, or at least call and inquire. I believe the recall covers your year. I was going to call on it myself tomorrow.

The issue with harsh low speed shifting has always been a problem with my car, although Lexus does not seem to recognize it as one. The noisy injectors are normal according to them. It is the same issue that causes knocking in a diesel motor. High pressure injectors. Cannot figure out why they don't make the noise all the time. Sometimes it is absolutely quiet. One of the many things that drive me nuts about this car.
    My car is scheduled for 15,000 miles service on Thursday. I certainly will make the inquiry. Thanks.
  • dav2149dav2149 Member Posts: 3
    I've had my 2010 460 for 4 weeks. When I come to a stop at a traffic light and my foot remains on the brake, sometimes the car starts to roll forward. I press harder on the
    brake to stop the car(and it stops), but once in while it will start to move slowly again. I took it to the dealer, and the chief technician drove the car with me and didn't notice a problem(he drove, I sat in passenger seat).. I've been driving for 45 years, and I would think I know how to apply even pressure on the brakes to keep the car stopped. Any ideas(other than a heavier foot on the brake)?
    Well, I have not experienced this. However, I suspect that you are perfectly capable of knowing when your breaks are not operating properly after 45 years of driving. The LS has electronically operated breaks, not the hydrolic type you may be used to. Your problem is that you are dealing with technicians who do not know what to do unless they plug in your car to a computer and the computer tells them what the problem is. It is increasingly an issue with all cars and not just Lexus that the dealer won't fix something you regard as a problem until is actually shows up on their computer screen or the factory sends them out a TSB(technical service bulletin) regarding the issue. Having experienced this kind of incompetence in spades myself, I can only say that you should take it back to tell them this is a safety issue. That will sometimes get more attention from them.

I took my 2007 LS in twice because of a clicking sound when I applied the breaks. They did everything to the breaks except fix the problem. Finally, a TSB came out from the manufacturer and voila, the cliking disappear the next time I took it in for a lube. If enough people complain about what you are experiencing, sooner or later a TSB will be issued and suddenly the person they used to call a mechanic will know what to do. Good Luck!
  • aklein2aklein2 Member Posts: 18
    I have driven the new 2010 AWD version of the LS 460. Have not yet driven the new LS 460 "Sport' and do know what to expect of it (though I see that Lexus has yet to offer AWD on this). My hopes for a new Lexus may depend on what it has to show me. I also wonder, and would appreciate comment on, whether there are suspension, handling, drivability differences between all versions of the LS 460 and the LS 460L. My LS 430, Euro tuned, seems to me superior in every way to the AWD LS 460 except gadgetry (nav, which I do not have), including such tiny but important details as the little sun-blocking piece over the rear-view mirror, dropped in the new LS and replaced by a bunch of ugly black mesh on the windshield, which cannot and does not work as well. Why Lexus gave up on the Euro-tuned suspension I'll never understand. My car, once belabored by critics as not sufficiently athletic, though they cannot have been driving the Euro suspension version, easily out-handles the new AWD version, despite its variable suspension (which does not do much on the AWD -- though it may be different, and l hope it will be, on the new Sport version) on the firmest setting. Power is not delivered immediately when one tromps on the accelerator: there is a disturbing hesitation and lag. I have trouble imagining what this must be like in those invevitable, unexpected traffic situations where immediacy of response to avoid danger is called for. Pushing the ETC button doesn't do anything to improve this. Is this a function of the new eight gear transmission? Whatever. It is disorienting to me and very unwelcome. The whole car feels enormously heavier now -- it is, of course -- and cumbersome compared to what I have now (doors like those on bank vaults). The AWD version also exhibits a much larger and therefore clumsier turning radius -- another negative feature. So, looking to replace a car with 86,000 miles on it, I am, so far, pretty disappointed with where Lexus has taken this once wonderful automobile and am thinking of keeping what I have for another big chunk of miles instead of getting the LS 460. Will anything offered by Lexus in 2011 or 2012 get to these issues? It has made me start to think of other marks (and my wife and I have been with Lexus since it got here a fair number of years ago), something I could not imagine doing before. I doubt that those German cars have anything to offer in terms of reliability (quite the contrary), are ridiculously more expensive up front, depreciate like mad, and do not seem to offer the level of service I have grown used to at Lexus. What a puzzle! Anybody out there have any hope to offer?