Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 460 Owner Experiences

Comments

• You're sure you want to do so for a >70K new car ;-| If it's easy as it is, you should ask Lexus to do it for you. Don't forget you paid $$$ for a Lexus 460.
  • hi i had a 07 LS460 with that defect i was told that the 08 was fix so we went with a trade to a 08 with the same defect i was told the same lye you were told and all the other owners were told this was my 11 lexus and my last lexus . if a blog for a class action suite is out there i have not found one yet .
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    It will be your lexus 11th and last lexus :surprise:

Mind if I ask, what other car is in your mind?
  • rgswrgsw Posts: 333
    I'm told by local dealer that Lexus will replace the front windows with dual pane glass on driver and passenger doors per a technical instruction and add more insulation/rubber to door jam if you experience the problem. Have they done this on your 09 yet?
  • I have had absolutely no wind noise in my 08 LS460 -- but it is the L version. I suspect that the defect is only in the SWB. Has anyone experienced wind noise in an LS460L?
  • I have an '08 LS 460 L...and am having the same problem with severe wind noise at speeds over 60 MPH. My car now has 5k miles. I've taken the car to Lexus three times..and have been told (over and over) that the wind noise is "normal". My next visit is to a lemon law Attorney!

Russ

San Diego, CA
  • I have an '08 LS 460 L...and the wind noise still exists! Totally annoying!

Russ

San Diego, CA
  • mrcdmrcd Posts: 2
    I'm thinking about buying an LS460. I live in a FL city which is slanted towards an older population. By virtue of this demographic most 460 owners are on the older side. I just don't want to buy an old mans car. Thanks
  • xierxier Posts: 99
    08 L here as well and no wind noise here.... although I drove an 09 L and it had what I considered some wind noise but very minor at 60mph.
  • Ls 460 07--At 20,000 miles I am told that this is the normal life of my tires.Hard to believe.Anyone have this experience?
  • This sounds kinda stupid and somewhat funny, but you know how the car door closes by itself so you don't really need to slam the car door. Well my dad wasn't paying attention closed it slowly and force sucked in his thumb and slammed on it. Yeah so he said his thumb was flattened like something from a cartoon. It was pretty bad since it was bleeding. Don't know if this has happened to anyone, but something to watch out for. :surprise:
    Can't speak from experience on the LS460; however, I did note in the owner's manual package or posted on the car somewhere that the expected mileage on theses new low profile tires was 20,000 miles. Don't think Lexus is trying to keep this a secret. Customer demand and industry competitive styles have forced this on us. I think I prefer the former profile tires, i.e. the 16 or 17 inch wheels. Maybe some other brand might do better?
    I feel your dad's pain; sorry, couldn't help saying that... I checked my LS460 and I note that the automatic door closer only engages when the door is nearly closed, e.g. about 1/4 inch. The door has to be manually closed the nearly closed position and the auto closer closes or snugs up the door the last 1/4 inch or so. Sorry to hear of your father's experience; however, I have heard of people getting smashed fingers in doors without automatic door closers. Thanks for the warning, I'll try and be sure to keep my fingers away from the door jamb.
  • yes glass wae changeed at factor did not help.
  • One of the few things I don't like about the LS 460 is the small outside mirrors. The mirrors on the new RX350 are just fine. Anybody aware of somebody switching to a larger mirror (has to be powered, heated, and auto-dimming). I realize the cosmetics may be slightly diminished but the absence of a large blind spot when changing lanes on the freeway would sure be nice.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    One of the few things I don't like about the LS 460 is the small outside mirrors. The mirrors on the new RX350 are just fine. Anybody aware of somebody switching to a larger mirror (has to be powered, heated, and auto-dimming). I realize the cosmetics may be slightly diminished but the absence of a large blind spot when changing lanes on the freeway would sure be nice.

Hello,

This is 1 of the 2reasons why I changed my mind from buying an sedan to buying an suv.

The mirrors are indeed small,and I think this problem is there in the whole Lexus sedan line up, including other manufactures like bmw and mercedes.

The RX side mirrors are more than big enough and has a much better visibility.

I hope you find a solution, but changing the original side mirrors to a larger aftermarket won't look nice
  • smithgsmithg Posts: 9
    My 2008 LS 460 Keyless Entry System seems to have a short range. I can get the car to recognize (lock or unlock) the remote only 7 - 9 ft from the front of the vehicle. It will recognize the remote roughly 35 ft from the rear. Yesterday I walked past my car 4 times trying to get some recognition from the front.....Nothing. Also, the keys were locked in the automobile today. Had to go across town to retrieve the extra remote to open the door. This should not happen.
    How far should the car recognize the remote from the front? Now the remote is virtually useless when trying to find the car in a parking lot. Any thoughts would be appreciated
  • jmcraneyjmcraney Posts: 19
    Are you having this problem with both remotes? If the answer is no then replace the battery in the remote that has a problem and try again. If the answer is yes then replace the batteries in both remotes and try again.
  • rennyboschrennybosch Posts: 329
    When the key is in the car, you should not be able to lock the car. It should go beeeep and refuse to lock. So this too suggests the likelihood of battery being weak.
  • dcwalkerdcwalker Posts: 29
    Well I started this conversation regarding the jerky transmission, etc. back in 2007. I now have 30K on the car and have tried to have it taken back under the Lemon Law. Unfortunately, I failed. The car is worse now. Performance is not smooth any longer and the transmission often slips a little between shifts. I would say that accelleration is down about 10%. I could go on and on, but as has been the case for too long, the dealer can't find anything wrong. Absolutely pathetic! This is one erratic automobile. For someone who has been a car buff most of my life, I can say that this car has had me going up and down like a YoYo for more than 10 years. I am done. I will sell it and buy something else.