Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus LS 400/LS 430 Instrument Panel Questions

2»

Comments

• ryce4uryce4u Posts: 1
    I had the same problem today.I have a 2001 Toyota Avalon XLS and non of my instruments cluster was working. I couldn't tell how fast I was going , How much gas I had left or the odometer. The dealership was going to charge me $200 just to look at it. I took it home and checked all the fuses and it was still good. Luckily I found this page and I disconnected the Negative lead and waited for 15 minutes. Plugged it back in and All my gauges were working again !!! Thank you !!! You guys saved me a lot of money !!
  • guerra228guerra228 Posts: 1
    Thanks for the great advice. I have a '93 LS 400 with 189k and had the same problem with my instrument cluster not lighting up. So i couldn't tell how fast i was going or how much gas i had left. I disconnected the negative lead to the battery and waited 30 minutes to let system reboot and BAM, turned on my sweet lexus and everything lit up like time square on new years eve.

Thanks again

Tony
  • rolikrolik Posts: 1
    Electrical problem
    1993 Lexus LS 400 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

My dashboard lights flicker on and off constantly sometimes the dash goes completely black. Cant see anything and don't know how much gas I have and how fast I am going. Dash lights do not work on cold/damp mornings until the car warms up, Takes about 50 miles to drive in cold weather and 5-10 miles when it's warm. Dash lights never turn on until the temperature reaches good temperture. Also I have problem which my ODO, sometimes it's mixed up . Is there way to display correct ODO?? Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks
  • gm1120gm1120 Posts: 22
    Had similar problem with my '94 Lexus LS400, but not with the ODO. My problem was when it's cold, the dashboard is completely black, but it flickers on sometimes when I've been running it for awhile. Ended up replacing the instrument cluster for $600. The guy that replaced it says it's a common problem.
  • david050david050 Posts: 1
    My dealership quoted me $275 to download the latest maps to my factory installed navigation system. This seams outrageously expensive...Does anyone know of any other cheaper options available? I'm not even sure of the make of the factory installed system. Thanks, David
  • rennyboschrennybosch Posts: 329
    David, that's is not bad at all. Some years back my dealer quoted $495; I wound up buying the CD from Lexus-Parts.com for about $280 and installing it myself.
  • gwendolyngwendolyn Posts: 46
    I noticed that my radio light doesn't come on. Is this the beginning of the end for the panel lights. If so, what is the process to repair? What's the normal cost, parts and labor....

Thanks,

Gwen
  • tonycdtonycd Posts: 223
    Probably not. In fact, the radio was probably supplied by a different vendor than the gauge cluster.

I'd suggest you go to Lexus owners' boards or eBay and look for a used radio pulled from an LS dash in favor of an aftermarket unit. If that doesn't work, consider a whole aftermarket in-dash radio -- it'd probably be cheaper than getting the radio from a dealer, and the new ones with today's technology are much better.
  • gwendolyngwendolyn Posts: 46
    so the radio itself controls the light...pls forgive me if this is an obvious question....LOL

Thanks,

Gwen
  • nrosnros Posts: 1
    hi. have u information about repair manual 4 ls400/Celsior?
    i can't find that in the web.
    i'm inresting for description of the fuse box.
  • I have similar dash problem. How did you have it fixed for $600? Where? My dealer quoted me $1000 for the new board and $500 for installation. You got a great deal!
  • crearcrear Posts: 1
    My dashboard lights are flashing. I need to know how to correct this problem. If anyone has valuable information please feel free to share, please.

thanks!
  • kgilpinkgilpin Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 LS 430 front end damage. I fixed damaged with a 2005 LS 430 front clip. The car has some electrical issues. Is the wiring on 2006 & 2005 LS 430 the same?
  • maya6maya6 Posts: 1
    I have the current problem with my Lexus LS 400 1994 and I was quoted $1000 to repair. They said that it would start effecting the actual engine if I do not repair it soon. Now that I see that you had it done for $600 I better start checking around, Thanks
  • I had same problem, $95 but you have to mail your instrument cluster to a gentleman in MN. Lifetime warranty does great work free shipping about 2-3 days you could even do it cheaper if you want to buy parts and solder yourself. you can buy instrument cluster repair on EBAY, I believe you search 1990-94 Lexus LS400 instrument panel cluster repair.
  • Hello nadolap

Do you have a name and address of the repair shop in Minnesota who did the dashboard repair? thanks loads.
  • I found removal instructions online, sent the circuit boards to TheLexpert in California. He rebuilt them and the dash and instrument cluster on my 94 LS400 works great now. It fixed all the related issues with the electrical systems. He is at this link on Ebay.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-LS400-Instrument-Cluster-Repair-Dash-Lights- -/140607508881?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ALexus&hash=item- 20bcdc5191

You can also e-mail him at TheLexpert@yahoo.com for all the details.
2»