Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Charger Routine Care & Maintenance

Comments

• batistabatista Posts: 159
    By the time you put all that money into it,you could get the R/T.

A dealer in my area had a brand new 06 Charger R/T with the road and track package for $10K off MSRP. However, he wanted to charge me $12K plus taxes for trading up from my 06 SXT. I told him forget it.
    I am happy with my SXT but was curious as to how much it would have costed to upgrade.

Sorry to hear about your bad back.

I could afford the $2500 supercharger cost but the reliability would probably be affected. Don't need the hassles for some fun.
  • xtecxtec Posts: 354
    That was A bad deal.I'm very happy with my SXT.The duals helped alot,and it sounds nice.I had my car a year and a half and glad I have it.Its the best Mopar next to my '68 Road Runner I ever had.I'm also happy with the MPGs.I think a good deal would be your car plus 5k.Thanks for your concern about my back.I worked on one to many vehicles.
  • xtec, I remember when I put the dual exhaust on my SXT, and posted here, mentioning that I also had a K&N filter on order. I believe you stated then, that (at least in your opinion) the K&N negatively effected the MPG and performance. Having already spent the $$, I had to put it in when I got it, and I always felt afterwards that performance was worse, although I think I was somewhat in denial...

Anyway, that was some time ago, and after you posted this again on Wednesday, I went home, dug out the old filter, which I had kept, and put it in.

I TOTALLY agree that the K&N had a NEGITIVE effect on my performance. I was always dissapointed when I would "STEP ON IT", and there was a long hesitation before anything kicked in, and even then, it was "disappointing".

Now with the standard filter back in there, I definitly notice a difference for the better. What a "crock" that filter is...

Thanks for the advice...
    I was dissapointed with the K&N,I read on other forums that they didn't work that good.I dropped almost 2mpgs with the K&N,plus the power.When I looked at the stock filter it said high flow,and its the same one for the Hemi,and you know they wouldn't put a junk filter in the Hemi.I bet you'll see A improvement with your MPG.I have a test spot on one of my roads,and thats how I knew i lost power,plus my mileage.I sent my filter back to K&N and told what I thought of their filter.At least I got a refund.I hope it works out for you,I'm happy with the stock filter.
  • xscoutxscout Posts: 141
    My wife just bought a 2007 Charger SXT and I was curious what type of oil and filter everyone thought was the best for this vehicle. I have been using the Purolator pure one filter and valvoline 10-40 synthetic mix oil in my Jeeps with the 4.0 L6. I haven't even read the manual yet as far as what they recommend.
    I purchase Quaker State Full Synthetic (10W30 is required for the 3.5L engine) and take it in to the dealer to change. Not sure who makes the Mopar oil filter but I have read that Wix is a good brand and Fram is one to avoid.
  • a bit bigger than a puddle but not something i wouldnt have driven through , but last night i did and my 2006 charge staled, when i started it back up it was clacking as if i through a rod or a lifter, let it sit over night , still doing it this morning, any ideas or suugestions?
    I hate to say this,but I think you got water in your intake and hydo locked your engine.This is when water gets into the cylinders and water cant compress so it locks up the engine ,which may have bent a rod.I wouldn't drive it because it may cause more damage.Get it towed and hope for the best.Good Luck.
    Did you get your answer to whats wrong with your Charger?
  • afvetafvet Posts: 2
    A friend if mine retired and bought his company car, a 2006 Charger with the 2.7 v6 and 4 spd auto. A mechanic? told him that the 2.7 Chrysler v6 had an engine "blowup" problem caused by the coolant pump being located in the fuel tank and leaking
    coolant into the fuel, thereby ruining the engine. I have heard some off-the-wall things, but a coolant pump in the fuel tank??
    Any of you fine fellers (or gals) heard about this one?
    I never heard that one,but the 2.7 has a history of sludge build up in their engine that will cause alot of engine problems.I read that the PVC system has a problem that cause the build up of sludge.The fuel pump is in the gas tank,but never heard of coolant in the tank,doesn't make sense.
  • I popped my hood yesterday in my 2007 dodge charger and ran the engine, all the while i was hearing a constant clicking noise, i wasnt sure if that was normal or if my fan was lose or what?
  • Has anyone ever heard a constant clicking in the engine while looking under the hood? I'm growing somewhat concerned.
    Which engine? 2.7L, 3.5L or 5.7L?
    The 5.7L has a tick that can be heard with the hood open. Not sure if you will get much help here. Chargerforums will be your best bet and if you search the forums in the problem section it is discussed quite a bit and sometimes the dealer will say its normal.
    Why don't you go to a garage get a opinion,then take it to your dealer if there is something wrong?It could be anything making the noise.
  • smithedsmithed Posts: 444
    try lxforums.

lifter? timing chain?

My 5.7 is not that smooth at idle, being a pushrod engine, but smooths out progressively as the RPMS go up. :shades:
  • Could be noisy injectors as well.
  • Hi everyone....I just bought a 2008 Charger with the 3.5 L Se plus packager...love the car so far ...except for just one thing....there is a whistling noise coming apparently from the exhaust in front of the left rear wheel...its sort of loud.....sounds like a jet engine ....its constant when idling, and I cant hear it inside the car.....its not unbearablely loud....but it sounds like an air leak of some sort....is this normal??? The car runs fine. I bought the car two days ago, with 20 miles on it. Thanks!!!
  • wterrywterry Posts: 1
    Hey I think I have the same problem, I also have an SE plus, let me ask you this, do you hear it when your driving and the radio is off? I think the noise gets louder when I accelerate.
  • Have a question for other Charger owners. Recently bought a new Charger, owners manual says to change oil every 6,000 miles. In my other vehicles, I have changed oil every 3,000. I just don't know if I should follow the manual's recommendation for every 6 or if I should still go ahead every 3. 6 would be great, but is it too good to be true or what? Any advice? Thanks!