Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda5 Electrical Problems

2»

Comments

• They never figured out what was wrong. They replaced the unit 2 or 3 times. The last time was last Summer (I think?) and I was under the same instructions: bring it in when it was malefunctioning. When it happened, I was running late to a meeting and on empty (the gas light was on.) I called the service dept. on my way to prepare them since you can't turn your car off (because that will fix the issue.) When I got there, they had no clue what I was talking about and the guy told me twice to turn off the car. I made him sit in my seat and turn the cd player off and on. To which he actually stating that he can't test it because it wouldn't turn on. I told him again that was the problem and they ordered another replacement. They started teetering on the "out of warranty" edge, but I shut them down on that. So far, so good. But no explanation so I'm sure I'll see them again. Good luck. :/
  • staypuftstaypuft Posts: 6
    The CD player has disappeared a few times on my '09. I figured it was due to my custom CD's created on a PC, or maybe dirty disks. Every once and a while the system will spit out a disk it doesn't like, only to have it work fine for months after reinserting.

Twice, the entire display has failed to work and doesn't greet with 'Hello'. In every case the fix is to turn car off and on again.
  • yuryyury Posts: 146
    Hi,

My front wipers are acting funny sometimes. When they are in the delay mode sometimes they don't stop at the down position but go past it and up an inch or two and then stop. Usually happens when cold or raining. The specific mode doesn't matter, usually I have them on auto, but it also happens if I swipe once.
    Even during rain it happens sporadically....probably half of the time or so.

This is a canadian 2010 that I bought new in 2011. Very low mileage and wear (I work from home). I don't think it was doing it when it.was new.

So...anyone had this problem and what can it be? Wiper motor going south? I guess it wouldn't be a big deal to replace since there's a lot of used ones for sale.
    Or can it be just a matter of gunked up electrical connection somewhere.

Thanks.
2»