Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Honda CR-V News and Views

Comments

• or did the dealer just not have any and was trying to pull one over on us?
  • my001my001 Posts: 17
    No, not true. I just got a call from a dealer in Portland, OR to look at the navi version of CRV today. It is true that not all dealers have navi versions and there are not very many have been shipped.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Salesmen want to sell what they have. They know if they can get you interested, half their job is done. So they are not too eager to risk a "now" sale for one in the future. This works for 75% of prospects. ;)
  • gene_vgene_v Posts: 235
    The biggest criticism of the 2.4 liter gas engine in the CR-V is that it lacks enough power to pass on hills. The 2.2 cid diesel has over 250 ft/lbs of torque, enough power throughout the range, not just midrange as you omnipotently claim.
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Posts: 5,525
    The key with performance regardless of torque is power at certain speed. As long as the vehicle is in the right gear for the speed, more power always wins the race. The diesel is indeed very strong at low rpm, but it also doesn’t rev very high (I believe, redline is around 4500 rpm compared to the 2.4 gasoline motor which has it at about 6500 rpm or so I believe). This requires taller gearing for same speed. There might be a little edge with diesel, just not sufficient as the torque ratings would suggest. Besides, as I indicated earlier, diesel engine also seems to add weight (diesel Civic and Accord seem to be about 150 lb heavier than their gasoline counterparts).
  • Not enough power to pass on a hill?? What are you smoking?

The 2.4 doesn't have enough power to get OVER a hill, let alone pass a anything at the same time!

CK
    LOL. Good going Superman.
  • harvey44harvey44 Posts: 178
    Do you guys have big families? Are you passing in the Rockies? The sucker really revs (our 2006) and in 4th or even 3rd if necessary I feel like I can pass. What kind of highway mpg are you squeezing out of a vehicle that has acceptable passing power?

M
  • guestguest Posts: 774
    2002 Windstar. 23 plus MPG on highway. Better without reformulated gas.
  • Does anyone know how I can add an outdoor temperature sensor to my new CRV LX? It's the only thing I really miss from my previous car. I called the service dept at the dealer and the answer I got was that Honda can't do it.
  • oldbugoldbug Posts: 11
    Congrats on the CR-V EX-L...that is what I am considering but would order the Nav system. I like the back cam that it comes with. Wondering what your final price was. I was quoted here in MN @ $2895 with Nav. It would be nice to schmooz with the dealer and get a little off of that tho. I plan on ordering and waiting at least 6-8 weeks but don't want to settle for something I don't want. What color did you get? And which color seats did you get? Any extras like roof rack?...trailer hitch?

Thanks!
  • thanks, i actually saw that on the web. i don't really need the compass, just the temp. my preference would be a honda after market product but i don't think it exists. will look for a temp only which isn't too cheesy looking. thanks again!
    Could use it today in St Louis. What a mess. Roads, trees, lawn and electric wires covered with ice and then snow on top.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,816
    I installed a GENTEX rear view mirror on my 2003 CR-V. It had a compass and outside temp, plus it automatically dimmed when cars came up behind at night. Cost about $300 installed, and looks great.
  • bmfcbmfc Posts: 9
    Thanks oldbug. Somebody thought that I was a Raiders fan because my car is silver and black (interior). I paid $24,900. I think I got it the week it came out so the dealer was excited to sell one and gave me a good deal. I was back last week (nail in the tire--there is a light on the dashboard that told me that a tire was low) and my salesman said that there is a wait list now (I'm in MD). I like the leather seats but the leather isn't as nice as I've seen in an Infinity or Lexus. I didn't get any extras.
  • hi there, thanks for your note. the only problem is that i'm cheap. that's why i went for the 2007 CR-V LX!! take care.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    :) Nice pictures, thanks!
  • frostyyfrostyy Posts: 52
    Having bought Jeeps for many years and pricing out a Honda Cr-V while shopping for my next vehicle, I find they are overpriced for what you receive. For example, items which are all options on the CR-V come standard on my Jeep such as body side mouldings, engine block heater, fog lights, roof rack, tow package....when you start adding all of these options to the base price....it's a bit much...then the dealerships won't budge on the window sticker price...what gives?
  • drive62drive62 Posts: 637
    Options? Honda does business the way all imports used to. If you want certain factory installed equipment (alloy wheels, moonroof etc.) you move up in trim line. "Options" such as body side mouldings, etc. have rarely ever been factory installed on any Honda. They are dealer installed accessories.

You are used to the domestics' way of equipping vehicles. Not sure about versus Jeep but Honda vehicles are typically very cost competitive when comparably equipped to a domestic. Add this or that option to a Jeep and see how much you are really paying.
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Posts: 490
    The '07 CRV is a re-designed model. If you shop wisely, you may get $1000 off MSRP. If you are willing to wait until spring you will probably get closer to invoice (+$500-$1000).

I agree that a Honda is probably more expensive than an equally equipped Jeep Liberty (I'm assuming you are comparing this model) after rebates. Keep in mind Hondas have some of the highest residual values in the market so your money is not wasted come trade-in time. Also, they have great lease specials.

As far as fog lights, tow package, etc. Honda never has these as standard features on any models. Even their top of the line EX-L models won't have fog lights.

On the flip side, Honda's lower end cars always come standard with ABS, side curtain air bags, and 5 speed automatics. Other competitors require option packages just to equal a base Honda.
  • 101010101010 Posts: 3
    I am sort of disappointed in the redesign of the CRV: the liftgate is nicer ... but the maneuverability is much worse (turning diameter is now larger than the Odyssey) and they took away the manual transmission option.

Any possibility of a manual transmission option in the future?
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Posts: 215
    The turning diameter is because of the 17" wheels.
  • richk6richk6 Posts: 87
    Consumer Reports measured the 07 turning circle one foot larger than the 06 CRV.

They listed handling as one of it's strong points.

"Routine handling is responsive and fairly agile", "Good grip and balance in emergency maneuvers", "Commendable speed in avoidance maneuver".

Doesn't sound like bad maneuverability to me. :)
  • nearmspnearmsp Posts: 90
    I test drove a RAV4 limited 4x4 with the options leather package yesterday. I found that the Honda CRV was better in braking, firmer feel. Interior of the CRV is far superior and classy and an equivalent Toyota is more expensive but has extra features such as power seat, dual climate control but no satellite radio. There are lots of RAV4 on the lot and eager dealers compared to spoilt Honda dealers. I booked a CRV in Decembe and is due in mid-march! I am having a hard time reconciling between a Toyota and 07 CR-V EX-L. I was surprised Consumer reports kept CR-V at number 3 spot after the RAV4s. Another important point (I drive 100 miles daily) is that the CRV is more fuel efficient than the RAV4 4Cyl but same as the RAV4 6cyl (on the highway).
    CRV has a larger turning radius than the Toyota even for the 17" wheels. I am not sure if the upgraded wheels on the CR-V 07 are the reason for the larger turning radius?
  • richk6richk6 Posts: 87
    I traded an 02 CRV EX. for the 07 EX. My best friend bought an 07 RAV4 limited 4cyl.

I absolutely agree about the interior.

I think the RAV is a very nice vehicle. The biggest factor for me was the difference in the rear hatch. The 07 CRV hatch opens upward with very small effort, I never liked the door type hatch on my 02 V and the current RAV is the same, with a 17 inch tire attached that partly impedes vision and adds weight when opening.

As you mentioned the 07 RAV limited has a few extras which is paid for by a $3000. difference in the MSRP sticker.
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,816
    "Consumer Reports measured the 07 turning circle one foot larger than the 06 CRV. "

They should recheck the numbers; the Gen 2 has a 34 ft turning radius, the Gen 3 is almost 38 ft.
  • lzclzc Posts: 483
    I believe the RAV4's turning circle advantage applies only to the 4cyl, 16" wheel model. The 6cyl model comes with 17" wheels and the turning diameter jumps 2ft to 36.8ft, close to the CR-V.

The change from '06 to '07 seems to be the result of larger wheels.
This discussion has been closed.