Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Crown Victoria/Mercury Grand Marquis: Real World MPG

2»

Comments

• Ford should advertise the Grand Marquis. I have never seen an ad, either tv or print, for this car. As one who is buying a new 2008 and has it on order, I think Ford might sell more if they'd advertise them. I'm not an old person (48), read Consumer Reports and other publications, read websites, go to the car show and investigate all the cars, and despite all the negative things I read about the Grand Marquis about it being dated, etc., I'm buying one, because I feel this car is much more comfortable and roomy than any other for the price and I love traditional large American sedans. If I feel this way, then others must too.
  • euphonium & ionosphere1

Thanks for the feedback. I'll forward your comments to the correct departments. There are a lot of factors behind design, engineering and marketing decisions including customer input. As I can't monitor every site all the time, I'd like to recommend another way you can let Ford know what's on your mind. Please visit ford.com and give us your feedback. The comments posted there get forwarded to the proper department for evaluation. Again, I do appreciate the time you've taken to reply to my post.
  • I believe that my gas mileage has suffered as a result of cold weather.
    I don't know how much less it is.
    On average, my car gets 17 or 18 mpg.

Does anyone know what other factors contribute to lower fuel economy on this type of car? :confuse:
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,325
    Tires lose air pressure when it is cold. Pump them up to 35 psi.

Over time, the Air filter gets dirty, check it and maybe replace it.

Unnecessary idling wastes fuel as does Jack rabbit starts. Drive smoothly with no quick moves.

Try the next level quality of fuel such as Mid grade, 88 or 89 octane.
  • Ford's customer service is lacking, I'm afraid. I've telephoned them and emailed them, and they don't answer my questions that I wanted answers to. I asked the dealer, but they don't know the answers. Here's the questions:

1. For my new 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, for the audiophile system I have, where are all 8 speakers located, along with the subwoofer? I can only find 4 areas with speaker grills (1 in each of the front doors and 2 behind the rear seat). Do each of these areas have 2 speakers next to each other?

2. Why doesn't the steering wheel lock? Every other car I've ever owned had a steering wheel that locked.

3. What were the manufacturing problems that prevented them from being able to give me the laminated side glass option I was supposed to get with my order, but did not?

4. Why did it take 4 months for me to get my car after it was ordered, instead of the 2-3 month wait the dealer said it would take?

Although I'm not happy with Ford customer service, I'm very pleased with my car. I've had it 2 weeks now and feel I've made the right choice.
  • jesrf1jesrf1 Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2007 GM LS, and so far have averaged 19-20 mpg on combined city/hwy (about 50/50 mix). I was wondering if anyone has tried E85 in their GM?

I haven't had the opportunity yet, becuase most of the E85 dealers near me only charge 5-10% less for E85 than gas, and I understand that E85 gets at least 15% less mpg. There are some other stations further out where E85 is about 15-20% less than straight gas, but I dont want to make a special trip out that way, but will give it a shot next time I'm out that way, just wondering if anyone has any data on this????
    I wouldn't put any E85 in any ICE including the lawnmower. :sick:
  • E85 is another liberal lie. A big scam that doesn't help anyone.
  • crs480329crs480329 Posts: 1
    Youn mention the handling package on your GM. In 2008, I purchased a 2002 GM LS. What Vin numbers are associated with the handling package?
    Oversize tires, dual exhaust, & the 239 hp engine would indicate a car with the "handling package". I don't know that the VIN would indicate the package any more than the VIN would indicate what audio system is incorporated.

If you air up the tires to 35 lbs and then feel every crack in the pavement as the car corners like a locomotive, you probably have the Handling Package.
  • gerry100gerry100 Posts: 100
    I had a 2001 Grand Monkey that I used as a company car - not much stop and go.

Averaged around 23-25 mpg ove rlong distances.

Will be picking up my Dads' '05 CV shortly ( he can't drive anymore). Hope it does as well.

Great car to drive these days - the cops think you're one of them (or their grandparents.
2»
This discussion has been closed.