Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Crown Victoria/Mercury Grand Marquis Climate Control

Comments

• efastmanefastman Posts: 3
    Having a problem with a 2008 Grand Marquis, when the rpm is about 12-1400 my A/C works fine ,blowing out the front dash, the minute the RPMs go up over 1500 the air flow changes from the front dash to the defroster vent,does anyone have an idea why this happens,and what to do to fix this problem, thanks
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Ford uses a vacuum servomotor to route the airflow, loss of vauum causes this.
  • efastmanefastman Posts: 3
    I could use the pictures,thanks
  • hartmkehartmke Posts: 1
    Bobe21,

I know its been a year since you posted this, but was just wondering if you resolved this. Same exact thing happened to my friends car today.
  • I have a 2009 Mercury Marquis and I just had a new control head installed to find out there was a problem with my blend door actuator. I had A/C on my dash and in the floor before this journey started. I wanted A/C to come from dash vents. Problem solved, but now I have no A/C on my dash or floor w/o pushing a button. I dont remember if I should have it coming from every vent with Max Air button.
  • cheapfix3cheapfix3 Posts: 3
    what was the fix? Our crown vic keeps switching from A/C vents to heater vents
    what part did you buy ? My A/C keeps switching from air vents to heat vents
    did you get a fix?-- I have a similar problem
  • My wife's 2008 Grand Marquis LS has same problem. But I can't find the vacuum control motor for the panel air. I would tie some fishing line to the lever and pull it open manually if I could. I did a climate controll self check and the DCT's code reads 888. From what I have researched, it must be a vacuum problem. It's 104 here in southern Indiana and I need to get the panel air door open fast! I can find a couple hoses coming through the fire wall above the pedals and confirm there is vacuum.
  • lodown1lodown1 Posts: 2
    1998 Mercury Gr. Marq. LS trans. shift down button on shift lever does not actuate the transmission to go from 4th to 3rd and no light or signal comes on shift selection on dash. Checked fuses on dash and under hood. Added a quart of TransX to transmission. All works well but will not shift down on mountain grades. Car only has 60,000 miles and was garaged but little old lady did hit curbs and wonder if she may have run over something to pull wires out of sensor somewhere.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,305
    At 45 mph go into the passing gear by pressing the gas pedal to the floor. While the car is going in the passing gear, press the shift down button on the shift lever. Then lift your foot off the gas and see if the car remains in 3rd.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Downshifting, automatically, a FWD vehicle can be fraught with peril. Many FWD vehicles have firmware that wil not allow a downshift if it would result in a significant level of engine compression braking, braking that ABS cannot overcome.

Some vehicles will have an over-ride of this firmware if the driver uses the brakes even ever so lightly.

Ford has a US patent, likely used on their FWD hybrids, that reduces the level of regenerative braking as the OAT declines toward freezing due to the rising probably of loss of directional control should the roadbed be slippery.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,305
    Crown Vics & GM's are RWD.
  • lodown1lodown1 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the suggestion but it did not affect the problem of the 4th to 3rd shiftdown on my '98 Merc. G.M. My son was here for a visit who is quite an electrical tech. He checked out the button switch itself by pulling the end caps off and found the button switch was not working. He took it out, rebuilt it, checked it out and the transmission shift down works fine now. I believe this switch would be available and is quite simple to replace. Now the green light on the dash works when it is in shift down mode.
  • dguiderdguider Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 Mercury Marquis and need the .007 silicone o rings. I looked all over town today, no luck. Can someone help with 4 of them?
  • Is this for the climate control unit? If so, I have about 100 of the ultra high quality ones and will give some away to you Just send your address to me at uvscavp@ao.com .
    Rusty
  • dguiderdguider Posts: 2
    Rusty: That is really nice of you. I didn't think I would get such a quick response. I found them online and ordered 25 for 3.43. If there is a problem with them I will take you up on the offer. Thanks. Dan
  • swschradswschrad Posts: 2,171
    I've been doing ok on my two cars until this stinker of a Great White Whale became unreliable on temp control... 95 Grand Marquis, EATC control. have worked every angle and eliminated everything except the blend air door motor, so I dumped $28 on a new one and scoured the net. the tantalizing thought of going in through the airbag hole is a fail because I can't get the screw out holding the left front air ducting. so the only avenue left is yank the dash.

almost off... but it is holding tight on the left side, and for the life of me, I can't find anything else to remove to kick it loose. Chilton had the most accurate steps and about the only drawings, and everything is off and the steering column is dropped onto a landscape tie on the seat. I'm thinking that with everything known off, it may be that the left stud bolt into about the middle of the dash frame has a shoulder that is exactly the size of the dash frame hole, and the frame was effectively swaged onto the shoulder as if somebody drove it there with a hollow tool and a hammer.

am I right or wrong, and is there something else that Chilton doesn't know about I need to yank yet? for the life of me, I can't see anything else that attaches to the left.
  • swschradswschrad Posts: 2,171
    guessed right... after soaking up the stud for a week, knocking a WonderBar up between the dash and the left A pillar kicked the dashboard free.
  • I'm just curious if this will work with our cruiser. I have heat. I have cold. My deal is that the defrost and dash only blow on cold. Well were in the north wet and it's getting cold. So the floor being the only thing hot is a no good sitch. I thought it may had been the dash control. So found a wrecking yard one. Same deal. I'd rather fix it. But thats a bit steep.