Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Crown Victoria/Mercury Grand Marquis Climate Control

12345679»

Comments

• wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "..defrost and dash only blow on cold.."

SOP....

First introduced within the US circa '80's on asian made cars that used the (soundly IDIOTIC) NipponDenso climate control system design. Not much later one of the major US suppliers of these designs was aquired and became Denso US so now we have this idiotic design in many US cars.

If you want HEAT to the windshield, say for the episodes of sudden windshield fogging these systems are prone to, the only method I know of is QUICKLY turn up the temperature setpoint to MAXIMUM HEATING and the switch the mode to defrost/demist/defog.

I modified the climate control module in my '92 Lexus LS400 and those of a few friends, such that when I activate the defrost/defog/demist mode the interior cabin temperature sensor suddenly indicates a VERY COLD cabin.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    "...north WET.."

Must remember that... ;)
  • psykohpsykoh Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 Grand Marquis. Do you still do this type of work? I had the Climate Control (EATC module) replaced by the dealer about 1 yr ago for $1000.00. I am also having a problem witht ehleft turn signal blinking much faster than the right. Could this be a problem with the Light Control Modules (LCM)? If so, what does that unit cost?

Thanks!

Scott
  • bartbarterbartbarter Posts: 39
    When you have a burnt out light the blinker will go very fast. I would check that 1st.
  • swschradswschrad Posts: 2,171
    two things most likely on the faster left blinker. one, as mentioned, a burned out bulb either front or back.

second, if the multifunction switch (turn/dim/wipers/world_peace) is starting to get funky and junky, it may fail to make contact with the wires for one of those bulbs, resulting in fast (or no) blinking. the wife's Taurus is doing that. you may get relief by getting a can of electronic contact cleaner and shooting a blast into the blinker stalk off the multifunction switch, then operating it a few times. that would be a temporary fix.

one silly thing I had on my car... replaced a MF switch because it wasn't dimming... and then the headlights quit. for jollies, I cleaned it up well with contact cleaner and put it in the box and held on to it. loaned the car to a relative for a weekend, and they broke the new one. put the old one back in, and three years later, not an issue, working fine. that's in the $250 neighborhood. live and learn.
  • bartbarterbartbarter Posts: 39
    Good call sws! I forgot.

On Panthers you can often clean them by spraying a bunch of electrical cleaner down the hazard light switch while working the stalk.
  • I have the same problem on my 95 Lincoln TC. But mine is on purpose because the ATC quit working. Thought it was the blend door actuator which is electronic. Changed it out. It's hard to do but can be done without removing the dash. Same problem. Removed the actuator so now if I want heat I must do a hard right with the car. Sounds like the actuator lever broke on yours and is letting the blend door swing open and shut on its own. I had a 92 that did the same thing and I ended up putting a pull cable on the blend door so I could control the temp manually.
  • carlmccarlmc Posts: 1
    Hi, Do you remember the name or address or phone number of this shop? I went to this guy about 2 years ago and I can't find his info. I need another control unit and can not find him. Thanks Helen
  • Where do I send the envelope I have 3 units and need 12 o rings .Thank you Joe
  • R. Butler
    1954 N 190 E
    Orem, UT 84057
  • I have a 97 Mercury Grand Marquis and the EATC module doesn't work correctly. My problem is that when I depress the off button, it moves the air down to the floor. Now the air conditioner works on vent, normal a/c and such, its just when we press the off button. The A/C never shuts off because the button doesn't work. Would replacing the O rings like in previous discussions solve the problem or is this something else?
  • lenrylenry Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    stock on low, stock on high? Do you mean stuck not stock?
    Do not resaturn contacts.. Does this mean resolder?

Just wondering, so I understand what you mean so I don't try the wrong approach.

My 2006 crown vic police interceptor won't switch back from heat no matter what I do and the check engine light is always on, the engine light was first and the error code later, which I forgot, indicates a slow leak in the system (not fuel leak) somewhere, the heat always on problem just happened, after I had the heat on for the first time this year.