Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aftermarket Heated Seats

2»

Comments

• I know there have been numerous discussions on aftermarket heated seats but you must be aware of Auto Warm and HeatedSeatkits.com. They are the same company. I purchased $280 worth of heated seat pads from HeatedSeatKits.com and found one of the LED Switches to be defective. I immediately tried to get a new part but without success. This company is out of Vancouver Canada and does not allow you to speak to a live person. Instead they refer you to their website and charge you for the part plus shipping. There are better companies out there that will provide better customer service and stand by their product.
    New Hampshire
  • lisalee2lisalee2 Posts: 2
    Hey guys,

I am currently looking for an aftermarket heated seat kit that offers both heat and massage. The only 2 companies that I found which offer this is CheckCorp and heatedseats.com. Has anyone had any experiences with either of the 2? I've not heard good things about heatedseatkits.com, but I just want more feedback.

Thanks.
  • raukrauk Posts: 1
    I called them for assistance on purchasing no reply. I e-mailed them, my e-mail was kicked back no valid address. I can't imagine how frustrating this would be if you had the seat out of your car and needed assistance or if there was a malfunction a bit later. Thumbs down on heatedseatkits.
  • After checking the reviews on your link to "sportsimportsltd.com" I don't think this is the place to be buying a heated seat from.
    Check it out....and thank god for consumer reviews...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Sports_Imports_LLC
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,822
    edited October 2013
    Heh, guess that story needs "usual disclaimers" attached to it. The BBB doesn't seem to approve of them either.

Feel free to post your comment there as well.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I searched hi and lo and was having trouble finding good reviews on any....until I bumped into this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0RUXYk713c

These seats and all components are made in the U.S.A. 3yr/36,000 mile warranty. Whe I phoned their number I got an answering machine....they got back to me within 30 min. Very impressed with the speedy response and the very helpful and courteous customer assistance.
    This is where I have chosen to buy a seat heater for my sweetie's buns. (Did I type that out loud?)

http://www.heatyourseat.com/

I will keep you posted on how they turn out.

:shades:
    What kind of vehicle will you put them in? Any concerns about sensors for any side airbags (or worse, in seat airbags)?

Interesting to see that people are using zip ties instead of hog rings to put the seats back together.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I will be putting the Check Corp. seat heaters in a 2013 Mazda 2....let me rephrase that.
    My friend will be putting them in. He is a top notch auto re-upholsterer.
    He assured me that he could put the seat-heater in cheaply, with no trouble, as long as the seat fabric isn't glued to the foam. To check this you just pinch the fabric to see if it is loose or glued. Very important to check this out first, to see if your seat is compatible. The cost would go up if not
    I will keep you posted for sure on how it works out.
    Take care Steve.

Willi
    Ha, you've been holding out on me. :-)

Bet your friend has a real hog ring tool and everything.

I am curious to see if he declines jobs that involve seat air bags or if he can work around them.

2»