Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Intrigue Electrical / Lighting Problems

Comments

• dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    I have my Intrigue in for inspection on Monday. i'll ask the mechanic to do try that. When you say right fender, do you mean the passenger side?
  • cwatcwat Posts: 6
    Sorry for the delay but it is on the passenger fender.
  • jesses1jesses1 Posts: 9
    How do I access the tail light assembly to replace a burnt out brake light? There appears to be no access from the trunk, and no screws on the outside. How do I do this without breaking anything?
  • moonshadowmoonshadow Posts: 256
    There appears to be no access from the trunk, and no screws on the outside. How do I do this without breaking anything?

You need to unscrew the two black cargo net wingnut thingys.
    After this, reach in behind the trunkliner covering the lamp assembly, there is at least one more platic wing nut to spin off before the lamp falls out. Remember not to overtighten when putting back on.

cheers
  • redline65redline65 Posts: 693
    If you unscrew the top cargo net hook you can pull back the carpeting and underneath the carpeting you'll see the screw caps that will allow you to remove the tail lamp assembly. It's been a while since I've done it, but if I remember right it was pretty easy.
  • frammerframmer Posts: 4
    Hi there,

I've been having some problems with my 99 Intrigue. It's got close to $200000 kms.

First of all, my sunroof will not close properly. It will slide back and forth no problem, but when it is supposed to move up and down to tighten the seal, the sunroof refuses to move. Any ideas here?

Secondly, while driving - or even at a light or stop sign, the car will stall out of nowhere for absolutely no reason.

Third, my lights are supposed to turn on and off automatically, is this just a matter of replacing a fuse? This also seems to be affecting my fog lights which will not turn on at all.

Fourth, anyone know how I can catch the little [non-permissible content removed] that threw a beer bottle through my driver side - rear window last night?

Thanks!

Frammer
    1)Give it a little push as you push the button. had the same issue with my sunroof not moving back and forth. One hard push and it has been working for months.

2) first guess, crankshaft sensor. Common issue

3) Never heard of this. Check fuses.

4) place a six pack of beer next to your car and when the bugger bends over to take one, shoot him with BB gun.
  • afelipeafelipe Posts: 1
    While I was driving to work tonight the light started to blink while I was at a stop light. It went off once I got on the freeway but started blinking again. Then while I was turning it went off for maybe a minute and came back on. :confuse: Once I got to work I turned the car off and on to see if it would restart. It did, but will it be okay for the drive home?
  • bayview6bayview6 Posts: 141
    Should be OK but you need to figure out what the problem is. What do your battery terminals look like?
  • 99 Intrigue,

Hi again,

My front turn signals only turn on and do not flash. The back ones do a quick flashing..and I have the annoying fast clicking sound when giving a signal.

I took my car in to the shop and had the signals fixed three times. Each time I would get my car the signals would work properly for a few days then they revert back to the same problem. I wasted so many hours having my husband take me to the shop to drop the car off.

Any ideas on this?
  • bayview6bayview6 Posts: 141
    I had a similar problem with my '99 Intrigue. The bulb in one of the front turn signals would fail and i would replace it and it would fail again in a few weeks. The problem is in the small bulb holder that detaches from the electric cable. I got a used one (and bulb) from a savage yard for $2 and haven't had any problems in 2 years. Also, the rubber caps that you take off to access the turn signal light bulbs have to be in place. If they fall off use duct tape to cover the hole.

No need to have a mechanic do this job. The whole headlight assembly comes right out. Your husband or u should be able to do this repair.

Look at the bad bulb, If it looks burned at its base then that is the problem. Another possibility is the turn signal flasher unit but I doubt it.
  • Bayview, Thanks so much for this advice. I can't wait to (with my hubby & dad) do what you've said!!! These problems are so annoying and I really don't want to spend a lot at a shop to get no results.

I can't wait!!
    :)
  • I just recently replaced the battery in my 2000 intrigue gl to possibly remedy a starter problem. the car starts fine in the morning but after driving it for 5 or ten miles or so, and stopping and trying to start again it takes a good 5 to 6 seconds on the starter before the car starts up again. problem two also only occures after i have been driving the car for a bit, i hear a noise under the car near the rear evertime it changes gears. like a "golf ball in a cardboard box" sound. any ideas???
  • When you say it takes a good 5 to 6 seconds on the starter before it starts up again, do you mean it cranks for that long? If so, it could be your crankshaft position sensor. Mine started doing that last year - took many cranks before it would start. Replaced the sensor myself and it solved the problem.

Chad
  • janailjanail Posts: 5
    My 2000 Intrigue, 1st motor out at 89,000 and the 2nd motor with 120,000, has the SES light blinking. Not sure what the cause is. Performance is not like it was before. The car shakes in idle position and my 0 to 60 slags. Could the air filter or oil filter be replaced. I think i will go to AutoZone for a code check, hope not to serious.
    If I remember right, the blinkng SES is a serious issue and should be checked out sooner rather than later.
  • janailjanail Posts: 5
    I changed the Evaporative Emmission Canister and the EGR valve and gasket. I put in a spark plug because I am getting code 301 cylinder 1 misfire. So we thought that it was just the spark plug. My next guess is the fuel injectors. According to Chilton's diagram injector 3 is located on cylinder 1. Is this correct? Any informationwould be greatly helped!!!

200 Intrigue 3.5 Twin Cam 120,000 miles on odometer and on its second engine. The first change was at 89,000 miles but the second had only 38,000 when it was placed inside.
    NOt sure about the P0301 code and i am not a mechanic or handy with cars but I have read where a misfire could be the coil under the spark plug and not the spark plug itself. Since these are 100k mile spark plugs, I doubt they would fail at 38k. If they do, something is causing that failure.

Also try doing a Google search on code P0301. there is tons of information on the internet diagnosing these codes.
  • I have the starter replaced twice within the last 90 days. It seems when i get in the car nothing everything comes on except the engine. Not the battery nor the alternater Is there something that would prohibit any juice from getting to the starter
    If the battery and alternator check out fine, I would look at the ignition module.