Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mercedes-Benz CLK (2005 and earlier)

Comments

• dro1dro1 Member Posts: 3
    I bought the Panasonic CD Player/Adaptor Package for about $60 at Best Buy. The CD player has a small remote leaving changing disks as the only hassle. The Adaptor itself reads part number SH-CDM10B.
  • dro1dro1 Member Posts: 3
    Paul_p-
    What in dash CD player are you thinking about getting? The Audio 10? I've read good things about it on US 230's.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,418
    I saw a Magma Red C230 Coupe this AM on my way to the subway. Great color for the car! The contrast of the Black Sunroof on the Magma Red paint looked great!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• siulobowsiulobow Member Posts: 5
    Hi all, I am thinking to purchase the C230 Coupe. But I am not sure is it a fun to drive car comparing to the 325ci. Also, what kind of options should I add onto the C-coupe. Can anyone provide me some suggestions?
    6 Speed & Panorama Sunroof. If you get either car, go with a manual transmission!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• rancheroranchero Member Posts: 25
    siulobow - both are great. we have '02 models of each in the garage; i drive the mercedes and my wife drives the bmw. i prefer the 230; she prefers the 325i. here are my comments which could help you make a choice. the seats in the 230 are much more comfortable and i prefer the standard cloth seating for comfort in very cold or very hot weather over the vinyl or leather available in the bmw. both cars have plenty of front seat legroom but the bmw cabin feels a little cramped to me - too narrow. the inline six cylinder engine in the bmw is absolutely superb and much more satisfying than the still very good mercedes supercharged four. in the bmw, the engine is easily the outstanding feature though the steering is very satisfying too. controls feel more natural and easier to use to me on the mercedes and i like the instrumentation better on the mercedes. overall the mercedes seems to have more satisfying features and utility than the bmw. radio reception in bmw seems limited. brakes on both cars are excellent. free maintenance on mercedes lasts one year longer. either car is great and you will be happy whichever one you select.
  • paul_ppaul_p Member Posts: 271
    I looked at a few in-dash models that were listed in the MB dealer's book when I was working over in the UK last year, but decided against getting one since I was laid off from my job after returning to the US.

The external CD player/cassette method sounds like it will work fine, and is definitely a cost saver - thank you very much!

- Paul
  • c702000c702000 Member Posts: 39
    This is an excellent web site for those interested or think of buying the C230 Coupe. For the money they are hard beat. I have had mine since last October (Magma Red) C7 package (a must have). It's a blast to drive and has all the MB goodies.
    Good luck to all C230k was as you noticed C702000, had a Volvo C70 Coupe and decided I wanted the rear wheel drive and 6 Speed.
    http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3
    Tom
    I love that Magma Red, especially with those C7 wheels & Panorama Sunroof. You got a 6 speed! That's great! I wish more people would buy sticks as their daily drivers (not starting a 6 speed vs. Touch Shift argument here, just stating my opinion). What do you think of the 6 speed?

• c702000c702000 Member Posts: 39
    The first 1000 miles or so the 6 speed is a bit stiff and feels funny shifting. At around 2000 miles and since it's smooth and no problems. I now have 4500 miles and the car has been perfect. Now I am ready to Auto-x, think the car will perform, just hope I still have my driving skills, it's been 20 years since I raced. I think for the money this car is hard to beat.
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    First off, I don't necessarily sympathize with their comments. I'm merely posting this for educational purposes -- see http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carboard&loc_code=index&content_code=04072136
  • jjpeterjjpeter Member Posts: 230
    I just read those reviews and every car was - ripped. So what! First off they pin the price of the C230 north of $31K, yet did not list what options it came with other then the automatic. One little paragraph does not a car review make. Do you enjoy your C230? Good, don't expect guys who make a living criticizing things to agree with you. I have found this little car to be the finest automobile I've ever owned, and the most fun to drive. So Autoweek, stick it!
  • jrct9454jrct9454 Member Posts: 2,363
    ...is populated by some of the hardest hard-core sports car nuts in the business. After subscribing for so long that I can't even remember when I started [sometime in the late '70s, when it was a tabloid newspaper format], I plan to let my subscription lapse when the time comes.

Their competition coverage continues to be the best and most timely...everything else is the same litany: we want harder suspensions, nothing but manual transmissions, anything that takes longer than 6 seconds to get to 60 mph is too slow, etc. I've had it with them...so their opinions on this car are no more significant than their opinions on the god-awful number of trucks and SUVs that seem to be splattered all over "enthusiast" publications these days.

You can spend $28k on a Mazda Miata if you want to, and wind up with a very capable toy that is virtually impossible to use in any practical everyday setting. That same amount of money spent on a C-Coupe buys a car that is almost as much fun to drive, but combines real usability in the bargain as well. Just don't expect Autoweek to either notice or tell you...
  • jmessjmess Member Posts: 677
    This is the same dribble you sometimes hear about the IS300; not being a real Lexus. I had already decided that I wasn't going to renew my Autoweek subscription, this just confirms how out of touch they are with the real world. I don't own a C230 but I like the cars and it is a candidate to replace the wife's car next year.
  • ciracira Member Posts: 37
    Took delivery of my c230 just over a month ago. I just love the car, but I am disappointed to report that it has been in for service 3 times already. First, the parking brake did not work. The second time was to repair a defect in the rear seat cushion, and the third time was to fix the sunroof (which would not open) and align the steering. Pretty disappointing. I am hoping this is it because the car is just fantastic (when it's not at the dealer). I am almost done with my break-in miles - can't wait to really see what its got when I can "really" drive it. Oh, and the dealer was so helpful in assisting with the break-in - it put 50 miles on the car during the second service visit! Gotta love these guys.
  • verozahlverozahl Member Posts: 574
    RSX beats the C230 in every category. Less service needed, $2K you can save to buy a new computer or pay for gas, and it doesn't have that silly three-point star emblem that lets everyone know you spent $25K for a sports coupe that's more unreliable than a Celica or RSX.
  • bkswardbksward Member Posts: 93
    RSX beats the C230 in every category. Less service needed,

Except when you consider at least a little rear seat room a necessity. Or maybe the presence of a little torque...

Also for 4 years/50k miles the Benz has all service covered except brakes and tires...
    Surely you haven't heard the stories posted here on TH about Benz's failure to live up to their reliability or service standards, let alone those of the Japanese or BMW or Audi. RSX-S has torque. Rear seat room? In a hatchback? What sort of young yuppie needs a C230 hatchback to carry around friends?! You don't have friends if you have a C230... you have an attitude problem, more likely, and you want everyone to know you have a Benz. Even if it's a Benz that's emblemmatic of Benz's self-cheaping to run after Audi, Acura, Infiniti, Lexus, Volvo, SAAB, etc.
    Why Benz? What's wrong with a SAAB 9-3?
  • tariktarik Member Posts: 344
    You don't have friends if you have a C230... you have an attitude problem, more likely, and you want everyone to know you have a Benz.

That's why it has a star up front! What's wrong with that? I'll never understand social envy that's lacking any grounds and proof. What do you tell people with an SVX?

Tarik
    Tarik, my friend, an SVX says "I don't care what you think, I have the keys to the sexiest sport coupe design sitting in my pocket." Well, that and the Honda Prelude, Nissan 240SX, and Lexus SC300.

Some young lady drives past me every day at the street corner on her way to work with a C230. Definitely the epitome of the informed buyer, it seems. I looked at the C230 up close a couple of nights at the Benz dealership and wasn't much impressed. The C-class and E-class sedans are trounced in the style and value and sportiness department by Acura, BMW, Lexus, Acura, Infiniti... in short, everybody else.

Benz dealership opened up in my hometown on the site of a closed-up Subaru dealership... the Cadillac dealer gave up on its Subaru franchise. Idiots. A few days ago, this was the same Cadillac dealer that GM used to introduce the SRX to the world.

The C230 is 'good try but no cigar.' Sure it sells, but I can't figure it out. Anyone want to discuss their purchase of a C230, other than it is a Benz? I'd rather go for a Subaru than a Benz in this price catergory.

I don't completely dislike Benz. When I was a valet and sat in them every day, though, I thought the M-class was very silly. (I say the same about the X5). Only Benz I see worth getting (I'm not into convertibles or SUVs, just coupes and sedans) vs. the competition is, taada, the S-class. The styling on the S-class is fantastic, and says more than the 7-Series indeed. Actually, I'd probably go for an Audi A8 if I was going for an übersedan. That's not gonna happen anytime soon... my father and/or Mr. Dow Jones have been messing with my retirement funds. Volatile stock market... oh well, I try not to worry about it.

At this point, I'm a young guy looking at sporty coupes, and the only thing I see a C230 doing is rubbing impressionable types. Yuck.
  • tariktarik Member Posts: 344
    Tarik, my friend, an SVX says "I don't care what you think, I have the keys to the sexiest sport coupe design sitting in my pocket." Well, that and the Honda Prelude, Nissan 240SX, and Lexus SC300.

I hear you...
  • clhawkins01clhawkins01 Member Posts: 25
    please don't try to sum up the decision making process of choosing between a Benz and any other comparable car by stating people choose a Benz due to status. IMHO, there is a huge difference between a C230 and RSX's interior ... the RSX interior is horrible. Also, it's my understanding the the RSX's high HP is only reached at very high RPM, which you typically don't find yourself drving at. I had an old Integra and loved it, but I'd never buy the new RSX. Likewise, if I never planned on using a coupe's rear seats, I'd buy a two seater.

I have been looking at the fun coupe-type offerings from all the manufacturer's that you list. Most (if any) do not offer anything like the C230 with the same features and price point ... even a Saab 9-3.

Anyway, if you like the RSX so much, just stay in that forum and pump it up over there. People in this forum know of the issues that people have been having the their C230s and we are capable of making our own decisions.
    I prefer the Integra interior to the RSX interior too. Okay then, let's pit my year-old Integra versus the C230 then. Give me a reason to cut down my grocery bills... what does the C230 have that makes it a worthy upgrade? I'll play your game. What's your story?
  • bkswardbksward Member Posts: 93
    what does the C230 have that makes it a worthy upgrade?

200 lb-ft @ 2500
    vs 124 lb-ft @ 5200 on a GS or 128 lb-ft @ 6200 on a GS-R

In other words when you hit that long grade on the freeway, you aren't forced to downshift. You don't need to rev the engine to get someplace all the time.

Oh, and the amount of road noise coming into the cabin is night and day.

None of these are reasons to trade in a 1-year old car, but are worth considering when you are looking to replace a 10 year old car like I am. I drove an RSX and a C230 yesterday. The C230 is still on my list, the RSX is not.

My criteria: A car with good handling and power that I'd be willing to drive for 7-8 years. It also has to be able to handle 98%+ of the tasks that I need a car for. (Every couple of months I can buy a six pack for a friend with a pickup truck or station wagon...) Those tasks include taking 2 or 3 other people out to lunch every couple of weeks.

The RSX was the smallest car on my list and it got knocked off. What is left is the C230, WRX wagon, Altima, Passat, and maybe the GTI...

-Brian
  • jbernie1jbernie1 Member Posts: 6
    Our dealership here in Greenville just put an ad in the Sunday paper that sort of shocked me. $299/mth lease on C230 (39 mth lease/12000 miles per yr). Isn't this kind of low for a Benz?
  • jbernie1jbernie1 Member Posts: 6
    Also, what are some of the most recent quality issues with the vehicle (other than startup noise, wind noise with the sunroof)? How is the reliabilty?
  • huntzingerhuntzinger Member Posts: 356
    RSX beats the C230 in every category.

For some people, it does. Not for me, which is why car choices are always a "YMMV."

RSX-S has torque.

Not as much as the C230. And more importantly, anyone who's been driving for awhile realizes the truth in the old adage "we buy horsepower, but actually drive torque".

Torque is what buys you within-gear flexibility, so that you aren't constantly downshifting to do anything (which was partly why I called my Saab a "gutless wonder"). It also gets real old to feel that you have to rev the car constantly to its redline to get anything out of it.

Rear seat room? In a hatchback?

Yes, rear seat room. No one died and made you God to be able to claim that your priorities are more important that mine.

There are a few hatches out there that actually has a rear seat with room. The C230 is one of them, and the Acura (both the old Integra and the new RSX) is not. I'm barely 5'8" and I constantly bumped my head on the rear glass in a coworker's Integra. That was a "STOPPER" for me right there: the RSX could have had 400HP and only cost $10K, and I still would not have wanted one. When I want to drive a car with a joke for a back seat, I drive my 911 (see its pic in my profile).

What sort of young yuppie needs a C230 hatchback to carry around friends?!

If you had a real job, then you would realize that people sometimes go out to lunch with their coworkers.

You don't have friends if you have a C230... you have an attitude problem, more likely, and you want everyone to know you have a Benz.

Nice assumption/attitude...its why I loathe people who worship [non-permissible content removed] cars. Personally, if I could have saved $1000 by having the marquee emblems taken off the car, I would have saved the money. It is the product and only the product, not what label is on it. FWIW, it is kind of funny to hear such sentiments from the perspective that an Acura isn't just a tarted-up Honda. :-)

Why Benz? What's wrong with a SAAB 9-3?

Please! I just suffered through owning a Saab, thank-you-very-much. I do admit that I miss the capacity of the hatch, and having 4 doors does make it easier to put friends in the back seat, but that wasn't enough to make up for its shortcomings.

I looked at the C230 up close a couple of nights at the Benz dealership and wasn't much impressed.

Styling isn't everything...take a look at how ugly the Porsche 911 has been over the years. My old boss nicknamed mine "the Blue Frog". FWIW, did you bother to drive the car?

Sure it sells, but I can't figure it out. Anyone want to discuss their purchase of a C230, other than it is a Benz?

Because people are different. Personally, I like European design philosophy and I like hatchbacks for their utility and I want a back seat. I consider the C230's competition to be the BMW & Audi hatchbacks, but neither bring their versions over to the USA.

Okay then, let's pit my year-old Integra versus the C230 then. Give me a reason to cut down my grocery bills...

YMMV, but IMO, there is absolutely no justification, ever, for cutting one's grocery bill just to drive a different car.

I'll play your game. What's your story?

It was time for a new car, and this one was within budget. There are things about the car that I don't like, but I felt that overall, it was not the worst compromise of my personal priorities.

FWIW, the car in 2nd place was a GTI VR6. Other vehicles considered included the Mini, WRX, 325 Wagon, & A4 Avant. As I said before, the Acura's got taken off the list early because of their lack of a rear seat...and the last time I test drove an Integra, I found it to be chasis-limited, which is IMO the worst design configuration for a sports car/coupe.

Bottom line is always "YMMV", and knowing that resisting the temptation to ridicule potential future employers helps retain a paycheck that can buy such toys. Otherwise, you're stuck in a '79 Honda 1200 that tops out with 57 HP.

-hh
  • wmquanwmquan Member Posts: 1,817
    I'm surprised no one's mentioned safety yet. The RSX should actually do well in crash tests (based on the Civic Platform). But safety is more than crash tests, and the RSX lacks a lot of the safety equipment that is standard in the C230. That includes side curtain airbags (important in vehicles where you sit relatively low), rear side airbags, stability control (ESP), Brake Assist, etc.

Acura didn't even put stability control (VSA) in the RSX Type-S, something it has in its higher-end vehicles. Obviously a cost-avoidance measure.
  • silverspearsilverspear Member Posts: 4
    Is anyone having trouble with the retracting sunscreen panels that shade the sunroof. The material in mine gets bunched up near the end of the retraction process and doesn't go in all the way to fully expose the panoramic sunroof panels. Once in a while, it works fine, but most of the time it has problems. I hope it's not a design flaw that I'm going to have to endure for the life of the car.
    Huntzinger: You've made some excellent points as always. I agree with you that the old saying "different strokes for different folks" holds true especially when it comes to cars. There's one thing you didn't mention about the Mercedes as a positive attribute: RWD.

Both the C Coupe and RSX Type S were on my shortlist to replace my 2000 Saab 9-3. I drove both and bought neither. Mercedes or Not, they could put a big Dodge emblem in place of the 3 pointed star on the grill and it would still be a beautiful car. I love the C7 Wheels, Panorama Sunroof, & Exhaust pipe that sticks out the back. I loved the torque and handling of the C. The interior was well laid out. Back seat room is definitely a plus. As much as I love Mercedes, I have been a little concerned about their build quality in the last couple of years. Free maintenance for 4 years is definitely a plus. I never drove the 6 speed (none in stock), but was very impressed with the Automatic.

The RSX Type S. I have to admit, I HATED the styling at first, but it really grew on me. The interior is simple & functional without looking cheap. The steering on the RSX was crisper. The torque (or lack there of) is something that would take me time to get used to coming from a Turbocharged Saab. Acura reliability is rock solid. The 6 speed shifter is great. I found the car to be too noisy on the highway for my tastes.

In the end, I went with what my wallet told me to go with. The C230 (as well as the A4 1.8T & ED BMW 325Ci) was a little out of my price range. I had the choice of either paying cash or having a car payment on a $30,000 car (I know the C230 is widely available for under $30K, but not optioned out as I'd want it), I chose NO PAYMENTS. THE RSX did it for me as far as price went. I ended up buying a leftover 2001 Honda Prelude Type SH.

• huntzingerhuntzinger Member Posts: 356
    There's one thing you didn't mention about the Mercedes as a positive attribute: RWD

Personally, it wasn't a big deal to me either way: I do have a need to drive in lousy winter conditions and FWD is generally good for this. In changing to the C230's RWD, I've been finding that its "ESP" warning light has been kicking on more frequently than I would have otherwise expected (typically on rainy days, like today), which means that dedicated snows are going to be a "must" for me.

I found the [RSX] to be too noisy on the highway for my tastes.

Interesting, as this was the same observation I had had when I test-drove the Integra: it was actually noisier than the old VW Scirocco (S2) I had had. Interestingly, I still use my old Scirocco as my comparison benchmark, and I've referred to the C230 as a "worthy successor". Kind of funny to consider a MB as an alternative to a VW, eh? :-)

-hh
  • mapman1138mapman1138 Member Posts: 68
    I may have your dedicated snows for next year. I bought a set while I was waiting for my C230, but ended up getting a different car. Michelin Pilot Alpin (staggered 205 & 225 widths) on C-Class sedan alloys.

Interested?
  • tcintegratcintegra Member Posts: 1
    I'm interested in the c230. Just wanted to see what deals on leases that others were getting for the c230. What are the residual values and money factors for different lengths of leasing for the car?
    Integra people shouldn't be messing around in C230s. No soup for you.
  • mohan_krishnanmohan_krishnan Member Posts: 1
    Anyone who's bought a C230 recently have comments on interior build quality? I test drove one a couple of weeks ago and really liked it. My one concern was with a problem I had during my test drives:

I test drove both the C240 and the C230 with manual trans. The shift lever (the plastic part and the leather casing seem pretty similar). One must pull the shift lever up and push it over to put it in reverse. When I tried to do this on the C240, the whole plastic/leather pulled up off of the center stack, exposing the metal rod of the shifter! :) It snapped back in and it took a couple of tries for me to put it in reverse without pulling it out of the stack.... I didn't have this problem with the C230, but the shifter body components look very similar.

Anyway, I test drove the RSX type S on the same day. I liked both of the cars, but like some other people here, I'm drawn to the tech features that are on the MB and not on the RSX (curtain airbags, DSC and a nav system were on my want list). I liked the C230 a lot more than the C240 (I like the punchiness and sound of the supercharged 4, although I did notice the C240 has a lot less cabin noise than the C230).

I guess I'm probably in the market for next year's vehicle, though, so I'm waiting on seeing what the new engine is like that's coming over. After reading all the posts on this, I'm still a little bit confused.

My understanding is that of the new 4-cylinder MB engines, all are all-aluminum bodied, and some have gasoline direct injection. The recent Edmunds review of the new CLK mentioned one of the fours that was a 170HP gas DI engine, but my understanding is that the one coming on the US C coupe is a 190-ish HP one to match the output of the current 2.3 liter. (I'd think that either the weight would have to drop a lot, or the price :) if I'd accept the 170 HP engine over the current one, especially if it has the lower torque level of comparable turbocharged 170 HP engines like the one in the A4....)

So does anyone know, will the US engine be DI or not? Are there issues with US fuel (analogous to the sulphur content problem for high-tech diesels) that prevent DI from being put into production for US vehicles?
  • galaxygrrlgalaxygrrl Member Posts: 21
    Hi all!

Been a while since I've poped in on this board. Hope all is well with everyone!

So, long story, but it looks like I'm in the market for another coupe. I would like to do European Delievy. My question is will I be able to haggle on price if I do European Delivery? Anybody have experince on this or know where I might be able to find out.

Thanks so much.

mohan_krishnan, the new engine comming stateside is 187 hp and a 15 lb drop in torque. Remember that you drive Torque and not HP, so you will feel a difference. But the car does get better MPG -- it could not be worse.

I looked at the RSX and the Coupe also. I choosee the coupe and I'm happy I did.

Beth
    ...either in a gasoline or diesel engines, and the question of the sulfur content in the fuel.

The latter is strictly an issue with how easily [or not] the engine can be made to meet the more strict emission requirements coming in 2004. Direct Injection has some effect on emissions, but the main attraction is better fuel economy for the same or nearly the same horsepower.

Sulfur tends to poison the catalysts and thus makes it harder and more expensive to clean up the post-combustion byproducts. But its presence or absence doesn't affect the argument for direct injection, which is a good idea in any case.

With early DI engines, esp the DI diesels, there were some extra noise issues that had to be dealt with, but that is mostly history now.
    In theory, the price is negotiable - and has always been. In practice, the margins on EU delivery are now so thin that there isn't a lot of room to maneuver.

In the grand old days of yore, when there were 10-15% margins on OD cars, many dealers specialized in OD at a discount, though it tended to be jungle telegraph in terms of how the word got around. Now, I presume that no one will want to admit up front that they are willing to knock off anything from an OD...that doesn't mean you can't ask...just be prepared for the answer and be ready to ask someone else.
  • earlamearlam Member Posts: 6
    I have seen an add twice for C230 with a lease at $399 per month, 10K miles/year for 39 months, the residual value is about $20k, I figure the effective interest on this is about 30%. I want buy one sometime this year. I went for a test drive a few weeks ago. The sun roof really was impressive, at first I thought it would not be useful, now I feel it is one of the best features of the car.
  • sphinx99sphinx99 Member Posts: 776
    10k miles per annum seems kind of low...?
  • chmeeeechmeeee Member Posts: 327
    I just saw an ad in the Boston Globe this past weekend for a lease with the same mileage/term for $239, bone stock.

-Patrick
  • jsquiresjsquires Member Posts: 1
    I have been reviewing the postings on this discussion for the last month or so and it appeared that dealers were not willing to offer much of a discount on this vehicle. Perhaps this is changing.
    This morning I was able to purchase a Magma Red C230 with an automatic transmission, C5 and C7 for $27,887. The sticker is $30,365 and I believe the invoice is $28,887. I purchased the car from MB of Laguna Niguel(Orange County, CA). I highly recommend them and the sales person I dealt with, Andre Javardian.
    They have over 40 C230s and through Memorial Day they are all red tagged at similar savings, approximately $1000 under invoice. When I was there they had another Magma Red and a silver with the same options. In general, most of their C230s are automatics, most do not have leather, most have sunroofs, and most do not have the upgraded wheels(C7). I was told that they are trying to reduce inventory and due to the pricing they would not obtain a specific car by trading with another dealer.
    I hope this information is of use to someone out there. I have only had the car for one day, but I really like it a lot.
  • caha492caha492 Member Posts: 1
    Msg#

#1 of 2 Just took delivery by caha492 May 25, 2002 (05:29 pm)

Today wife and I picked up our new car, a factory ordered brilliant silver, C7, 6-speed.
    We love the look without the complicated sunroof and it's blackened roof tint
    treatment. The wheel package accents the look of the vehicle far more effectively in
    my opinion, plus you get some extra leather trim and color keyed door handles. We
    signed a lease for 39 mos. @ $350.66 with $1000.00 down. I could'nt be more
    pleased with my purchase
  • w1patw1pat Member Posts: 2
    hi folks,
    my dealer just informed me that the air flow meter on my c230 has to be replaced at a cost of $650. this car has 48,000 miles on it and has received all recommended service. does any one have any info concerning this emission control problem?

w1pat@yahoo.com
  • jregen7243jregen7243 Member Posts: 91
    My sister just ordered one...only options she got were the sunroof and bose sound system....lease price $375 a month, 12000 miles/year, zero down. I thought it was a great deal.

Jon
  • earlamearlam Member Posts: 6
    The lease rate in for a C230 is $399 per month, 10kmiles/year, 38 months, about 800 down, balance $17500. I think this is a result of fact we have one dealer in LV and it is always hard to buy a car here, too many people with poor credit. They have lowered the balance from last time at $20K.
  • brightnessbrightness Member Posts: 40
    Since MB promised AMG version for every car in its line-up, are we going to get an AMG version of the SportCoupe?
    The AMG version has already been unveiled in Europe - don't know when deliveries start, but I would expect to see it here within a year.
  • jgillitzerjgillitzer Member Posts: 12
    I am thinking about purchasing a c230, but live in a northern climate where it will snow in the winter. Has anyone dealt with this issue. What is the to navigate in the snow in the winter.

Thanks,

Jeremy
  • mapman1138mapman1138 Member Posts: 68
    As with FWD, the basic key is to make smooth control inputs, and be more cautious than you would normally be in summer conditions.

Another big factor is snow tires. Do *not* go through a winter on "summer" or "all-season" tires. I drove my previous car (an S2000) through part of one winter, and with a decent set of snow tires, I made most of the SUV-driving commuters look like they were even more clueless than usual.

(ahem) By the way... if you should happen to buy the C230, and would like a set of fine Michelin snow tires that are already mounted on M-B C-Class wheels, let me know - I have a set gathering dust in my garage.
This discussion has been closed.