Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK (2005 and earlier)

Comments

• eman5eman5 Posts: 110
    Anyone know?
  • s852s852 Posts: 1,051
    Heated seats were listed in the options in a post earlier today.
  • tommyp13tommyp13 Posts: 146
    There was a new page added for the hatch, I mean, coupe (that's a pretty silly differentiation). They list the options (not prices), colors, specs. It looks great.
    Drumroll, please...

It's $24,950. Pretty reasonable, I think. Looks like I'm going to blow off the Mini (scared of new engine at new plant in new joint venture on brand-new car). Now all that's left is to compare it to the rsx and gti. The rep said their demo will be there towards the end of July, with first orders coming in late August/September.
  • drew_drew_ Posts: 3,382
    Thanks for the information! Did you find this out frm a sales rep, or a MB rep via the phone? In any case, that's extremely reasonable, considering that it's a MB! Don't forget that you get 4 years of free scheduled maintenance too. This means that even with desirable options such as power seats + leather + moonroof, the price will be under $30K! Wow!

Drew
    Host
    Vans, SUVs, and Aftermarket & Accessories message boards
    Drew, actually someone posted it yesterday, and I called MB to get verification. Talked to a local (NJ) sales rep this morning to verify the info, and he did (obviously). I really didn't want to believe it yesterday when I saw the post. That just seems too good to be true. Yeah, I wouldn't do the old man options, but I certainly would have to add the sunroof.

Some minor quibbles are having to add in the cd player and paying for a good color for the car (only white, black, and red are free). But, at $25k, I guess I have a little more wiggle room than I expected.

Other possible problem: at $25k, the price might be low enough to attract more buyers than I want it to. Hoping that the hatch layout scares off alot of people, to keep numbers smallish.
    The 318Ti was less than $20K when it came out and there was no stampede to BMW dealers.
    But, since this car isn't underpowered like the ti, I think this car will get a slightly larger following. Plus, the engine's moddable (is that a word?), so there will certainly be a contingent of youngish (for a M-B) owners out there.
  • mdouglas3mdouglas3 Posts: 8
    Has anyone heard about the expected delivery date of the sport coupe. I put my order in and discovered that I knew more about the car than my salesman.
    I talked to a rep here in N. NJ, and he said that a demo car will be ready for test drives towards the end of July (hope it's a manual), and that people who have already placed orders will get them in late August / early Sept. He said that if I waited until after a test drive to order one, that I'd get it in Oct/Nov. I can't see ordering one without actually having driven it first.

I'd check www.ccoupe.com every so often to see if they've posted any delivery info.

Yeah, don't expect the salespeople to know much about the models at all before they start to trickle into showrooms.
  • eman5eman5 Posts: 110
    Any rumors about putting a smooth C320 coupe (hatchback) into production?
    Don't worry, I hear that an AMG version is already in the works. Whether it will make it over to North America in the upcoming years should be interesting.

Drew
    Host

Don't miss the weekly MB Tuesdays chat at 6-7pm Pacific/9-10pm Eastern! All MB fans/enthusists/owners/potential owners are welcome to participate. Hope to see you there!

Click on the link below to enter the chat at the times above. Note that the link to the chat is always near the top of this page, just under the discussion topic title:

http://www.edmunds.com/chat/mercedeschat.html

Drew
    Host
  • jwilberdingjwilberding Posts: 25
    I know there will be a discussion tonight, but I will not be able to make it. I have heard a lot of conflicting stories regarding Mercedes dealers/retailers and whether or not they can move off of MSRP.

I am strongly considering the new coupe and am wondering if anyone has placed order? If you did, were you able to get any discount? I am assuming that like many new models that have any "buzz" attached people are actually paying over sticker.

Fyi!
    I just drove the WRX and a Type R, but I really want real wheel drive and think the coupe will be a fun little car and a decent bang for the buck. I just sold my 2000 s4 which was an great car (I needed the $) and will surely miss the power as compared to a 4 banger.
    For mid 20's I think a couple of extra g's is worth it for a Mercedes...let's just hope the quality of build is there.
  • cpeterson3cpeterson3 Posts: 51
    We put a $500 deposit back in December with our dealer and back then he said that he would most likely come off the MSRP by $650 or basically the delivery charge. He has been feeding us info. all along as he received it and last weekend we were getting my wife's car serviced and went through his MB computer ordering program. The prices were as they are on the website with the base at $24,950. We're fairly certain the only option we'll order is the premium package which had not been priced but if you price all the individual components together, you'll be at $3K. He expected about a $400 discount on the package so with tax, title and reg., if I think I'll be paying $28,500. We are his first order and his regional MB rep. said the intended arrival date is July 21st.
    I just noticed that even if the base price was as low as $24,950, by the time you add the destination charge and load it with options (automatic, navigation, leather, moonroof, Bose stereo, metallic paint, heated seats etc.) at the options prices listed in an earlier post, the price is around $34,000.

At $34,000, it is not as attractive, since you could get an Acura CL-S with Navigation or other similar car for thousands less.
    I am sure many people just want a Mercedes no matter what, and it still is the least expensive Mercedes you can get if even it tops out at about $34,000 so it should still sell well enough especially since the factory cannot build the C230 at the same pace Acura builds CLs. This low production may mean short supply and waiting lists for the people who will still be inclined to buy a C230 even at those prices.
    The C230 only comes with a cassete player standard. Based on the picture on the mbusa web site, it looks as if the cassette is replaced with a single disc CD player when you order the navigation system. I am not sure about that though. This would at least spare you the expense of needing to also order the 6-disc cd changer to play CDs if you opt for the navigation system.
    Can anyone confirm this and are any options required to be purchased together or do any options prevent you from ordering others? For instance, does the Bose system and navigation system require the other or eliminate the choice of the other?
  • PeterunPeterun Posts: 83
    I looked closely at the color brochure given to all the salespeople who got to test drive the C230 recently here in So. Ca.. Most definately, something new from M-B: There is a different radio than in other M-B products. Pictured is a NON-NAVIGATION radio, with a distinct slot for a single CD. Separately, is there any possibility of any discount on these cars? Or strictly an MSRP vehicle? Is this a car which will be in short supply like the CLK has been? Or will it be mass produced and readily available? Pete
    The website says cassette is standard.
    They are not going to be discounting a car that has has just come out and is a novelty.
    Maybe in a year.