Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mercedes-Benz CLK (2005 and earlier)

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,111
    did you get the C7 wheels?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• Sorry, I thought I had mentioned my configuration. Here it is:

Metallic Paint (Bordeaux)
    C4 - heated seats
    C7 - 17" wheels

That's it. After Delivery, Title/Tags, Doc Fee, 6% NJ sales tax, and a 3.5% MSRP discount, the final drive-away price was $28.6K.

BTW, if anyone's in NJ looking for a salesman who will sell the C230K (or other MB's) for 3.5% under MSRP, my salesman was Mr. Reid Smith at Intercar in Newton, NJ. Good, professional experience all the way around, plus I also have a good inside line that the Service Department is top notch.

-hh
    beautiful car... congratulations! Enjoy it!

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Where's Newtown? Is that central or southern Jersey?

• Where's Newtown? Is that central or southern Jersey?

Neither. Newton (note the spelling) is in northern NJ, up in Sussex County.

From the intersection of I-80 and I-287 (near Morristown, NJ; which is not to be confused with Moorstown in Southern Jersey), figure roughly an hour, first driving I-80W and then going North on Rt 15.

If you're familiar with the "Mountain Creek" ski area (formerly known as Vernon Valley/Great Gorge ski area), it is nearby.

FWIW, I believe that Mountain Creek advertises themselves as "less than 2 hours from NYC".

-hh
    I know where Mountain Creek is. Thanks huntzinger. I juts wasn't familiar with the town. Thanks!

• tommyp13tommyp13 Posts: 146
    Good to see that you got your car, and that you're happy with it. Though it's not Orion, so it's not perfect. :-)

The package that Bill got for me cost a little over $800 with tax, but of course, I don't think that I really had any time this past winter to actually use it. If you want the actual figure, I can post it tomorrow (receipt is in glove box, and it's too damn cold to go out and get it).

Are you following the break-in recommendations, or blowing them off? I did the 1k break-in, but others think that it's overkill.
  • $800 is a close enough SWAG.

I'm currently following common sense for the break-in, as I haven't yet had the time to sit down and digest the owner's manual.

Insofar as the color/etc, the ironic thing is that as I was taking the car in through security this AM, I was greeted with a "Hey, this is Mike's car!" Turns out that one of our Security guards had also just picked up a C230K, same exact color...he's working the 12 to 12 shift, so I'll drop by for a visit later.

-hh
  • Can someone give me the midrange acceleration spec for this C-coupe (230)? I am referring to the 80km-120km/hr specs, or 50-70mph spec (if you convert km/h or mph...). This is the number I am interested in, I don't really care about 0-60mph or 0-100km/h sec since the differences among the sports coupes are so little (6.0 vs 6.5, does it really matter? Do we try 0-60 at red light all the time?)

THanks
    Gives the C230 great low-midrange punch for say passing or darting in and out of traffic. I don't know what the #s are, but drive it and you'll see it fits your needs just fine.

• revkarevka Posts: 1,750
    Here's a new discussion that some of you may find intersting: Mercedes-Benz C230 vs. Saab 9-3. If you have any insights to share on this subject, please join us there. Thanks!

Revka
    Host
    Hatchbacks & Station Wagons Boards
  • jacktimjacktim Posts: 2
    I ordered a C-230 with leather in September of 2001 and was told I could expect a January delivery. I'm now being told maybe March because of mad cow disease in Europe. Can anyone help me here? Both the dealer and MBUSA tell me the same thing.
  • cimoca6cimoca6 Posts: 1
    Anybody used the European delivery for a new MB. My dealer Millennium in New Jersey told me I will save the delivery charges ($695). He quoted me a price 2.5 % under MSRP. Any other better dealers in NJ?
    Thnnks
  • huntzingerhuntzinger Posts: 350
    I'm really surprised that you're still waiting.

I did a test-drive in a C230 with leather back in December, so while there have been leather shortages due to the problems with Mad Cow disease, their supply wasn't completely cut off.

(FWIW, I also found that the seat designs are surprisingly different between leather & cloth: the center panel in the leather is sprung very soft, and the cloth is quite firm).

Also, while I skipped leather, I didn't place the order for my C230 until earlyish January and it came in 2 weeks ago (I took delivery on Monday of last week).

My scheduled build period was 1-10 February, which was a modification of an existing allotment - - I'm not sure, but it appears that transmission is the primary thing that "locks in" the build, as I was able to change colors and change options. My guess is that cloth/leather interior MIGHT be another "locked in" constraint. Your dealership should be able to tell you the answers here.

Your "maybe March" sounds slightly at odds with how I was handled: I'd ask your dealer why you don't have an exact build date period like I was told (Note: I was told this at the time of sale). The only uncertainty I had in my delivery process was exactly when the car was going to get to the USA after it was built. I was told to expect it ~30 days after the end of the build window. My point here is that if we were to suppose that it was slated for delivery on March 31st, that means that its build period probably would have had to have been 20-28 February.

Finally, it does appear to me that M-B's vehicle tracking system might not have too many checkpoints in it for the dealers to check status. I don't know if there's a "got built" checkpoint or not, but what I do know is that the main one that reportedly "pops up" for the dealership is when the car arrives in its US port. From there, its ETA should be just a few days.

Hope this helps,

-hh
  • huntzingerhuntzinger Posts: 350
    Anybody used the European delivery for a new MB. My dealer Millennium in New Jersey told me I will save the delivery charges ($695).

That seems to be about it for any discount from M-B. I'm going over to Germany later this summer and in the end, decided that it wasn't worth it. IMO, BMW is the company for which ED is quite worthwhile.

He quoted me a price 2.5 % under MSRP. Any other better dealers in NJ?

Intercar up in Newton, NJ gave me 3.5% below MSRP. Phone# is 973-383-8300 and my salesman was Reid Smith (he was quite good).

However, Newton is easily an hour's drive north of Millenium in Bridgewater, so might not really be worth your time for a $300 savings, but Intercar also only charges a $99 documentation fee, and some dealerships charge a lot more (M-B of Morristown: $300! Not recommended). Depending on how much Millenium wants, this might make the trip worthwhile.

-hh
  • And it still isn't here. I also have "late March" as the next arrival date. I'm beginning to get pissed, and I am thinking about turning up my nose if it ever does get here. I'm a patient man, but a winter without a car (aside from a CR-V shared with my wife) has ticked me off a bit.

The Acura CL-S 6-speed is looking better and better to me. :o(
  • tommyp13tommyp13 Posts: 146
    MB actually has a complex series of 2-digit codes for cars throughout the entire process, from the time that it's ordered to the time that you pick it up.
    If you haven't done it yet, first of all, I'd wait at the dealership while your salesperson gets into the production system, prints out your car's order, and gives you the current code associated with your car.
    That will serve two purposes: you'll be able to completely verify your car's options, as well as find out what the status is of your order. When you've got the code, either on this forum or the W203 db at mbworld.org will be a listing of all of the codes. If the salesperson refuses to do this, take that as a warning sign that you're not getting ths straight scoop from them, and either ask to talk to the sales manager, or kill you order and walk.
    Even with leather, most ccoupes are 2-3 months total from deposit to delivery; leather isn't the big wait that it used to be.
    I bought my ccoupe from Prestige in Paramus, and all that I got was a reduced price on the cd player, but I ordered it in July, when they weren't doing anything on price. Your 2.5% sounds reasonable.
    Also, you might want to do a blind call to Millennium's service dept., and ask about their loaner policy. Most dealers in the NE only give out loaners to people who have bought their MB's from them, so that alone might be a reason to buy from a local dealer.
    Anybody read it? There's a sidebar on MB's 6 year production plan. Pertinent information for this board includes: 2003 C-Class Coupe AMG (I wonder what's going to power that thing). 2006 "All new C Class Coupe, which will be the first totally drive-by-wire Mercedes-Benz model." This car muct be impressing the big wigs so there is a bright future for it!

BTW: I think the Supercharged 3.2L V6 from the C32 AMG would be a nice fit in the C Coupe's engine bay for that upcoming AMG model:)

• timjacktimjack Posts: 7
    To: tommyp13 and huntzinger,

Thanks for the information on helping me understand why this car has taken over 6 months so far. I ordered an auto. trans, C-4,C-5, in brilliant silver and after initially telling me January am now being told March. I paid $500. under MSRP so probably more than the rest of you.I also want to tell the dealer to take a hike but after reading the postings, it weems to be a pretty good car.

Has anyone heard what changes will be made on the 2003 as I may cancel this one and wait.
  • jjpeterjjpeter Posts: 230
    Timjack, looks like some different engine modes to the C230-kompressor may be in the offering for the 03's. Link below

http://mbspy.bacosys.be/M271.htm