Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo C70 Convertible Top Problems

Comments

• Hi "Cricket4"-
    May I also have a copy of the brochure emailed to me... mbinla@mac.com. No rush, whenever you get a chance,
    Merry Christmas and many thanks!
  • Thank you all for the info shared on this forum.A bit more than a month to delivery , but I feel like I know quite a bit of the car already.

If Volvomax said min 10 minutes between cycles , what does the brochure say?

Actually , if I may ask , Could you - or Cricket4 - e-mail me that brochure too, wheever time and occupations permit?
    Would be highly appreciated. :)
  • oups !! finger trouble
    Meant to wish you all a mery Christmas and a great '07
    all the best
  • cuccicucci Posts: 49
    Dear Volvomax ....... would it be possible for you to send me a copy of the brochure? It seems to contain stuff we all need to know ... anytime would be fine! I think my e mail address is on my profile. That would be so kind!!!! Hope your christmas is going well ....... cucci
  • Sorry Cucci - it's me again!

The brochure is being distributed by 'cricket4' although it's quite possible that Volvomax also has the same brochure.

I checked out your profile for your e-mail addy but it shows up as private - otherwise I would have forwarded the brochure this evening. My e-mail (previously marked private) is now def on show so you can contact me if you wish.
  • cuccicucci Posts: 49
    oh god .... I am not up to full speed on all this!!! I thought buying a new car ... would be ... well, just like buying a new car!!!! That it just goes when you want it to, etc. etc.!!!! I'll e mail you!
  • Your e-mail is marked as private. If you like I will e-mail it to sanjodlau@carspace.com. Do you check your e-mail on your "My CarSpace"? Or would you prefer to change your e-mail from "private"? If you prefer, you can e-mail me at cricket4@carspace.com. That should work and I will reply with the brochure. (If you've already gotten a copy from someone else, disregard this post.) Glad this brochure helps. For those of you who have not picked up your car yet, next time you are at the dealership you should be able to pick up a brochure (IN COLOR, ohhh ahhhh). Might be only the US, though.
  • Sorry Sanjodlau - missed your posting earlier, not deliberately ignoring you.

The brochure says [quote] "Ideally, the roof should be opened or closed only once every 15 to 20 minutes" - so that answers my question to volvomax as to what constitutes a cycle.

I can forward cricket4's e-mail to you, no problem, send me your addy if you wish and I'll get back to you fairly soon as I have it at home, whereas cricket4 has it in the office - a no-go area over Xmas.

P.S. Snap, I see cricket4 is responding even as I type.
  • P.S. - the interval is as follows:

* The roof should not be operated more than four times consecutively without allowing the hydraulics and motors to cool.

* Ideally, the roof should be opened or closed only once every 15 to 20 minutes.
  • Hi Cricket4 and erisaman

Thanks for the prompt reply to you both.I thought I had set my e-mail to 'public' but something must have gone wrong somewhere.Anyway , it should show up now.
    Thanks again and can't wait to be able to feed usefull info on this forum , just like you guys - and girls - have done so far.
    cheers
  • Hi!
    I am looking to purchase the C70 T5 within the next day or so. I am just curious as to what you think about yours. If you had a chance to do it over again, would you purchase the same car?

Thanks
    Dre.
  • Got mine about 10 days ago.... weather has been good so I have been able to do topp down some... The car is GREAT.... Now I am coming off of a 2001 Toyota Solara.... which I also liked... but this car is a huge upgrade... it is much more solid and really just night and day compared to the Solara.... I got silver with black leather, love the dynaudio stereo.. it really does ROCK!!!....
  • I don't know. I haven't driven my car yet! (can you believe it?!) I will take it home in a couple of days. I love it so far (just looking at it and sitting in it). I loved the test drive (not my car but a 2006 C70). My dealership has been great to me and I look forward to continuing my relationship with them. So far the experience has been great but, of course, I can't really answer your question until I've been in my car for at least a drive. Unless the car turns out to be a lemon (seriously doubt it), I'm 99.9% certain that I would pick the same car. I love it.
  • I have had the same issue, 6-8 times per month, since I bought my car in August. I notices the same thing with the rear windows not closing. It's incredibly annoying and dangerous to have to pull over to the side of an interstate whenever this happens. My wife called from her cell phone in a panic a couple weeks ago. I have brought my car into the dealer several times (once while the alarm was still screaming), without resolution. They said Volvo has told them the divider needs to down at ALL TIMES when driving -- which really cuts down on the amount you can carry. And in any event it doesn't fix the problem. The dealer says they're trying to escalate this with Volvo. Stay tuned.
  • I'm sorry you are having the same issue, but yet somewhat relieved to know I'm not the only one. My car was delivered mid-July. With regard to the truck divider, mine is always locked down - you never know when you'll be inspired to drop the roof! However, even if this "solution" worked, I hardly see it as an acceptable solve to our problem... what's the point of having the large cargo area if you are unable to use it while the car is in motion with the the top up?

My dealer/service center casually asked me to more throughly take note of the events and circumstances leading up to it the next time it happens... as if I wasn't detailed enough... and sort of glossed over the issue. I guess they just need to buy time until they learn of others having this issue and receive a fix from Volvo.

Fortunately, it has only happened the couple times and thankfully not the 6-8 times per month you have experienced. I'll keep you posted on my progress toward a solution and hope you will keep me advised of yours.

Until then... happy driving.
  • lemennlemenn Posts: 89
    Hi Macsvmg and Volvo_driver,

Of course, what you have been told is not correct. There is no problem to drive with the divider placed in up position in order to be able to use the full trunk space.

So when the roof is up and you use the car as a coupe, you can take advantage of the full trunk space (and believe me it is plenty of space). The only inconvenient is if you decide to put the roof down and use the car as a convertible, when you push the roff down button it does not work (I did it). You see a warning message asking you to place the divider in the down position. You have to exit the car, open the trunk, placethe divider down, and that's it now it will work.

As a conclusion, there is no problem to use the full space of the trunk.
  • Hi cricket4,

I noticed in some previous posts in this thread that you were willing to e-mail a brochure, that has more detailed info on roof operation (and maybe on other things as well).

If it's not too late, and not too much of a bother, could you also e-mail the brochure to me, at bullswin5@aol.com ?

Thanks much ! (I tried sending a regular e-mail to you, but it was rejected, since it didn't come from the carspace.com domain.)
  • I sent it to you via e-mail. (Others also have the brochure and may have beaten me to it.) Hope you get it. Let me know, if not.
  • lemennlemenn Posts: 89
    My mechanic told me one of his customer had water entering via the roof panel separations. He is using the high pressure water system you can find publickly in Europe.

I did use this method for cleaning my C70 but I don't have this problem.

So, just to let you know it can happen. Be cautious.
  • tmarttmart Posts: 998
    Yes, one needs to be very careful using high pressure washes. IIRC, Volvo says the tip should get no closer than 13 inches.