Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DeVille Electrical/Lighting

Comments

• 97 caddy with twilight sensor....interior lights started coming on when twilight would turn on headlights. truned twilight off and fixed problem until last night..hit a bump and interiors are on anytime driving...can't drive like this with interiors on at night....several mechanics and dealership have checked this to no avail....any help or ideas????
  • bolivarbolivar Posts: 2,316
    On my 1995, under warranty (factory extended), it took three tries by service before they successfully fixed this.

They replaced, per receipt, a relay, a module, etc in the attempts. I think the final fix was a short or bad connector, not a separate piece of hardware.

I didn't ask much about it, just kept taking it back. And on the last trip home, after 30 minutes on my driveway, I saw green fluid. Took it right back and got a replacement water pump in less than 2 hours. Had it in stock, knew what the problem was, quick replacement - this makes me think lots of them leak.

And, you have to disconnect the battery to stop the interior lights, until they are fixed.
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    A short circuit is a good guess.

Yes, the northstar water pumps do fail every now and then. Most water pumps fail before the engine does.
  • kearkear Posts: 1
    could somebody tell me how to remove door trim? short? where is the timer or relay?
  • bought 97 Deville three weeks ago .Got my new trunk solenoid today via internet order. Old one wasnt working via remote and inside trunk button. Got most of it off (lock solenoid) but the round white plastic 'plug" left the rest dangling Couldnt fig out so closed trunk carefully and drove to Auto Zone. Backed up out of garage, display not coming on. Next block or so it while driving Display comes on. Before even finished taking out all 3 bolts took pics of old one installed and new solenoid "white round plug" was going to post pics or send to Hubby to help me figure out
    Got to Auto Zone trunk wouldnt open with key
    The new solenoid and camera and tools all in trunk They were to busy inside to help Also wanted to ask them to let me know codes for "service engine soon"
    What do I do go to locksmith or body shop??? I hope wires not caught in lock I doubt cause old solenoid was still attached with last white round plastic plug cable that I couldnt "unplug" or release
    Thanks
    Jean
  • I Own a 1999 Sedan Deville. When I purchased it, it had no owners manual.
    I have two annoying problems that I can't figure out:

1. How do I reset the information display to show 100% Oil Life after I've changed the Oil???

2. I have a button in the passengers glove compartment marked "Valet"I guess this is a security measure to prevent the Valet from opening the trunk. How does it work???

I have intermittent success when trying to open the trunk with the remote. Sometimes it opens the trunk & sometimes it doesn't. The button in the dash displays the same symptoms.

I'm totaly confused by this!!!

Any help would be appreciated.

Dickdd
    1) Bring up the Oil Life display, then hold down the 'Reset' button until it changes to 100%. About 5 seconds.

2)Push the valet button. Lock the glove box. The trunk cannot be opened with the key.

Owner's manuals can be bought very reasonably on eBay. www.helminc.com will sell you a new one. With all the 'stuff' on a Cadillac, you need one, and you need to read it. Lots of good stuff in there.
  • I have a 2005 Cadillac Deville,the illumination lights behind the steering wheel buttons for my temperature, my phone and onstar, as well as the cruse control are burned out. Can someone tell me how to replace them.
    This has been discussed before, I think.

There are no replacable bulbs.

The controls themselves have to be replaced.
  • Help I got a 91 Deville with the same problem fuel gauge and heat and A/C read out not working All is blank?? Wife ran out of gas allready need to fix?
  • Need some help fixing my wifes car, no fuel gauge or a/c lights on digital readout, All fusees are good where do i check next? Got acsess to another car for parts, was told it could be a body control module? Where is this located and will it fix my problem? Any help is welcome.
  • Thinking of trading, are these year Devilles trouble free? Reliable? Dose the Northstar hold up? I'm a heavy Equipment mechanic but know nothing about the Northstar.
  • Thinking of trading, are these year Devilles trouble free? Reliable? Dose the Northstar hold up?

Bought my 04 Deville about 6 mos ago w/25K miles. Have about 30K miles now. Very pleased with the car, but I'll try to be as objective as I can.

1) Replaced the Air Pump (caused check engine light)
    2) R&R front rotors and new pads (normal wear/tear item)

After correcting the above items I've been very pleased.
    I do have a minor annoying windnoise issue I still need to address though. This is all covered under warranty.

Even after considering the above issues, I feel my experience has been very good so far. I really love the ride and performance of this car. I truely look forward to driving it every day.

I really haven't owned my Deville that long, but so far no regrets. Hope this helps with your decision.

-jasper
  • Thanks for the info can I ask what you payed for the car? I'm on a tight budget as I get payed monthly and Wife starts and new low pay job next week. Her 91 Deville has some issues and she's scared to drive it much. Looking to spend 12 to 15 grand only, I can get a new car for that but it wont meet our expectations, and I love the look of the 04, 05 ,06 Devilles.. Found a few for under 14,000 with around 40,000 miles. But I havent even test drove this model DeVille.. I'm sure I'll love it..
  • 1991 Deville --- No gas gauge or a/c -heater digital readout, wife is living without a/c but winter is on it's way and she'll need some heat! Also she's run out of gas several times now. ( really need some sort of help ) Thanks
  • Interior lights do not come on with fob or when door is opened at night except for driver door power window panel. Dimmer control for dash lights operated normal ecxcept will not run overhead lights on. Over head lights by the rear mirror will come on with adjacent push in switches.
  • Can sombody help me with my problem? No digital read out on A/C and Fuel display panels on my wifes 91 DeVille..
  • I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY CADILLAC DEVILLE 1991 4.9 ENGINE I CAN BE DRIVING ALONG MY CAR STARTS TO MISS THEN IT QUITS LIKE IT IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH GAS, I CHANGE THE FUEL PUMP AND STRAINER, FUEL FILTER, SPARKPLUGS, WIRES AND IT STILL DOING THE SAME THING IF ANY BODY IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM ARE CAN HELP ME PLEASE LET ME KNOW. YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT DATAJOB2001@YAHOO.COM :P :P :sick: :sick: :cry:
  • I have a 93 Deville, and recently my "System SSS" light came on and stayed.

I know it has something to do with the suspension or steering, but is it serious?

Can I reset or should I take it to the dealer and get bent over? How do I reset the light?

Thanks

Dave in Virginia