Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Montana Electrical Issues

Comments

• jhirneisenjhirneisen Posts: 64
    My 1999 Montana was recalled 3 times for "failure to sense an obstruction in the path of the door while closing". And it still refuses to close now and then. What does the dealer say?
    Jack in Colorado
  • montana99montana99 Posts: 3
    On further investigation, when the ignition is turn on just prior to start and I wait say--- 5 seconds--- the gauge will then give me a true reading which leads one mechanic to think it's a faulty ground. The rear latch door issue , the same mechanic thinks is a faulty solenoid. Any other opinions???
    Paul
  • taureanataureana Posts: 1
    We had the same problem. It was very easy to have fixed. It was either a sensor that quit working that we got replaced or a fuse. I'll check with my husband and ask him, he should remember better than me and I'll reply with the results tomorrow.
  • jhirneisenjhirneisen Posts: 64
    I bought a new "Pig Tail" at the dealer...expensive, but new.
    The junk yard had them from a wreck at half the price, but so many are failing I thought it was worth the extra $$$.
    Jack in Colorado.
  • cmfakescmfakes Posts: 1
    I picked up my van from the body shop today after having a dent in the door repaired/repainted. When I reached my destination and got out of the car, the key in ignition warning was flashing and chiming, even though the key was not in the ignition. Anyone have suggestions on what might be causing this malfunction?? Thx.
  • green2007green2007 Posts: 1
    my sliding door doesn't work
  • The automatic sliding door fails to unlock when an unlock button is pushed on any door. This causes the door not to open when the over-head "open/close" button is pushed, I can hear it trying to unlock, but it won't and I have to do it manually. Is the switch to tight or not enough current to make it pop? This is for a 2001 Montana. I am having similar break and signal issues that others have reported. Thanks for the advice on what to look for, I'll get that fixed. Thank you in advance for any advice.
  • thaskampthaskamp Posts: 1
    All my service light, then Reduces Engine power in my 2006 montana sv6, I checked all connectors and fuses, can't seem to find a Short anywhere, anyone have any better Idea where the problem in electrical system is?
  • lisartlisart Posts: 5
    my 99 montana is doing the same except now it doesn't open at all.
  • rdwngrdwng Posts: 1
    Wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar to this. Go to my 2001 Pontiac Montana in the morning and automatic doorlock and power windows dont work. I hear a clicking noise in the fuse panel. I checked switched a couple fuses and nothing changes. Around midday, the windows/door lock will "miracously" work and clicking is on and off still. Any suggestions on what to try?
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,233
    I can only guess, but its sounds like an electrical supply problem. I am not familiar with the Montana, but I think first I would check the hot connection to the under hood fuse box (from battery) to see if it is loose or maybe corroded. Also seeing as it is a 2001, does it still have original battery (it may be getting tired)?
  • It's crazy and I was wondering if anyone else has seen this.

It goes dead, we replace it and everything works for a while. It's been about once a year we wind up replacing it. This time, the battery was under warranty, so at least that.

If it were the alternator, I think we'd know. If there's a ground somewhere, you'd think if it sat idle for a few days, it'd go dead.

It happens all at once and when it does, it won't hold a charge.

Am I missing anything?
  • ray80ray80 Posts: 1,233
    It kinda sounds like parasitic battery drain, and since it takes so long, could be pretty miserable to find.
  • I also have a 2001 Pontiac Montana and I also had the same problem except my problem was with the left rear light fixture. That may rule out the exhaust as a common cause and it just may be a cheap plastic connector issue. I replaced the connector with a new one ($59 with pigtails) and the van works just fine now. I checked the right rear light fixture connector and it was fine. Thanks for posting this problem. It saved me a lot of money.
  • I have similar problems with my 2003 Montana; drivers side passenger slider (automatic) now won't work at all...is locked shut and can't be opened either manually or with any buttons; what did you find out about yours? Thanks.
  • I tried to read the article ont this site and can't. My vehicle has been starting just fine. The other day, I tried to start it, but it wouldn't start. You could almost hear a noise like....a release of air compression. All of the lights work fine. Starter maybe? It's still under extended warranty. I tried again 5 minutes later and it was fine. Now this morning (two days later), it won't start again. I have just had a transmission redone, the fuel sensor replaced, and am scheduled to have the dash cluster replaced due to a inaccurate spedometer AND fuel guage. Any suggestions on the current issue? Any more I should know about?

Thanks.
  • I have the same problem on my 2001 Pontiac Montana and did the same thing you did... replaced the tail light connector and the circuit board as well...however while my husband is connecting the wires he sparked it and somehow blew a fuse...we checked the fuse and replaced the burned one but unfortunately all our turn signals wont work...we checked the signal light flasher but there's nothing wrong with it...does anybody knows something that we missed??? we need help...
  • Sorry to take so long to reply. I was out of town.
    The Montana has a fuse box AND a Circuit Breaker Box,,,it might be "tripped".
    To reset, see the owners manual.
    Jack
  • bebz75bebz75 Posts: 2
    Jack, thank you so much for responding to my post...everythings working great now... ;) :)
  • aztoazto Posts: 2
    I have 99 Pontiac Montana. Its front wiper only runs on high, dosn't work on any other setting. Does anyone ecncounter this problem and do you know what was the problem, switch or module?