Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion tC Rattles, Squeaks and Other Noises

Comments

• slate1slate1 Posts: 84
    Thanks Mark - I ended up signing papers on an 06 Mazda3 GT this weekend. I really liked the TC but decided that I really needed 4 doors (2-kids...).
  • curious54curious54 Posts: 47
    I HAVE A 2006 SCION TC WITH 300 MILES ON IT. I INSTALLED TEIN H-TECH SPRINGS ON THEM. EVERYTIME I TURN THE STEERING WHEEL TO THE LEFT OR THE RIGHT WHILE MY VEHICLE IS IN MOTION, THERE IS A HIGH PITCHED SOUND COMING OUT. I DONT KNOW IF ITS MY SPRINGS OR IF ITS THE POWER STEERING. THE SOUND IS GREATER WHEN I TURN THE WHEEL TO THE LEFT. ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT IS?
  • curious54curious54 Posts: 47
    Have a 2006 Tc 5-speed manual. Yesterday I was in traffic and it was stop and go. I put it in 1st gear and went about 20 feet and let go of the gas and suddenly heard a rattle. Tried it in 2nd gear and it rattled but no that loud. The thing is that when it starts to rattle and i push the clutch the rattle goes away. Anyone know what might this be.
  • I have a 06 with 13K. I'm an older driver that switched from a tall SUV so I think the low profile tires on rough roads creates alot of rattles. Fixed the hatch rattle with a pair of $2 sticky furniture pads on the rubber stops located on the hatch lid. Thanks to the person on this site for that advice. I get a miscellaneous rattle or squeak and then it goes away and the car is quiet as a mouse. Last rattling was metal to metal in the rear right side - turn out to be the seatbelt mechanism. Jiggling the seatbelt solved that. I really love this strange little car.
  • I love my TC, but the rattle in the hatchback is driving me crazy. I have taken it back to the dealer, they replaced the struts on it, but the rattles remain. Please let me know how I can fix this annoying problem.
  • I love the pep and agility of my Scion TC. I have 20k miles on it. No problems except for the rattle in the hatchback. Some have suggested using furniture pads to stop the rattle. I will have to try it, but my frustration comes from the fact that a company as big as Toyota can't fix something as simple as this, and we owners have to resort to "furniture pads" to fix it ourselves. Someome please tell me I am overreacting.
  • Is this a tinny kind of rattle or a rumpety-rump, heavier rattle?

A loose hatch would give you a fairly heavy sound, whereas something loose inside the hatch itself would not.
  • Currently I am thinking about buying a 2007 Scion or a Honda Civic Coupe. The only thing that is keeping me from buying the Scion is that I keep hearing about rattles in the 06 models. Does anyone know if they have fixed this problem by the '07 model. I don't want to buy a new car that rattles.
  • I actually purchased an '07 Scion Tc in Dec. and I've never noticed any rattling noise whatsoever or any noises!...Its a great car!
    :shades:
  • vazquezavazqueza Posts: 2
    I have an 06 tC and have been getting a rattle when I have the moon-roof open and drive over bumps. I called the dealer and have to leave the car there overnight. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how they resolved it.

A
  • i have an 07 tc, 6500 miles. i notice an annoying rattling/vibrating noise that comes from the plastic panel just under the door handles when i drive on the highway over bumps, as well as on songs with isolated/loud bass. anybody else have this problem?
  • my sister has an o6 release series and i have an 05. YEP the hatch rattles. My dealership removed the whole top of my car rewelded it and it still rattles. SELL IT as soon as you can or find a good lemon law attorney this car is only problems
  • I had an 05 TC. The first 8000 miles were fine.......then the rattle started. Soon after that came a high pitched whine from my moonroof when driving on the highway. After 4 trips back to the dealership, they finally fixed the moonroof but were never able to fix the rattle. Around 30000 miles the whine came back. I traded it in for a Mazdaspeed 3. Adios TC!
  • ALERT! SCION TC REAR HATCH SQUEAK HAS HAD A FACTORY TECHNICAL ADVISORY FIX!!! Purchased my TC in 05. Spent the better part of 1 year fixing a squeak in the hatch. The squeak started around 3000 miles on the odometer. They ended up applying tape around each and every rubber jam that involves the rear hatch. After 5 visits, they finally applied enough cloth tape on the stops to fix the hatch squeak (this was a horribly irksome/loud squeak). Today (10-19-07) I went to the dealership and spoke with a factory rep. I told her that although the tape fix has effectively stopped the squeak, I'm a little 'unsettled' about simply having layers of cloth tape between me and the next squeak - that will no doubt appear down the road in the future. Well, guess what? She said a technical advisory from the factory had been put out and the rubber stops have all been enlarged to sufficiently hold the rear hatch in place without squeaks. ...I go in next week to have the operation administered to my GREAT little TC! FYI: This squeak was predominantly found on the first year TC,s; 2005-2006. Good Luck!
  • ALERT! SCION TC REAR HATCH SQUEAK HAS HAD A FACTORY TECHNICAL ADVISORY FIX!!! Purchased my TC in 05. Spent the better part of 1 year fixing a squeak in the hatch. The squeak started around 3000 miles on the odometer. They ended up applying tape around each and every rubber jam that involves the rear hatch. After 5 visits, they finally applied enough cloth tape on the stops to fix the hatch squeak (this was a horribly irksome/loud squeak). Today (10-19-07) I went to the dealership and spoke with a factory rep. I told her that although the tape fix has effectively stopped the squeak, I'm a little 'unsettled' about simply having layers of cloth tape between me and the next squeak - that will no doubt appear down the road in the future. Well, guess what? She said a technical advisory from the factory had been put out and the rubber stops have all been enlarged to sufficiently hold the rear hatch in place without squeaks. ...I go in next week to have the operation administered to my GREAT little TC! FYI: This squeak was predominantly found on the first year TC,s; 2005-2006. Good Luck!
  • Hi; Yes the rattle has been fixed and they currently have a Toyota Technical Advisory on fixing the TC's affected by the rattling of the rear hatch door 05-06 TCs. They are instaling thicker rubber stops that anchor the hatch firmly into position. ...Make sure you purchase the strut enforcement bar! It REALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE in the handling of the TC. Good Luck - it's a great car...
  • Rattle in Scion TC hatch. Toyota currently has a Technical Advisory on fixing TC's affected by the rattles commonly existing in the rear hatch door from 05-06 Scion TC's. Dealers are instructed to install thicker rubber stops that anchor the hatch more firmly into position.
  • hey buddy my 06 tc , the rear knocks and rattles constantly, the car is a year old and it sounds like [non-permissible content removed], so i know exactly what ur talkin about, i took it to the dealership yesterday and they said they re-insulated the rear panels inside around the rear window and under the plastic panel near the lock latch, the noise decreased about 80% but im still not satisfied with it overall, i still hear a knocking noise on the rear left as if it were the rear left 6 inch speaker loose and rattling but its not, i looked every where man and i just cant figure it out, can u please send me any helpfull info on this expecially if toyota is aware of this and advises us to have dealer fix it without having to pay like a recall cause im allready at 30,000 miles, or any tips on this, and ohh, ive been hearing a-lot about tc shock absorbers going bad, drying up oil? or just plain cheap shocks i dont know, thanks
  • dfossedfosse Posts: 2
    I own a 2005 Scion TC. In cold temps I have a loud knocking or clicking sound under the dashboard on the drivers side. Very irritating. How can I find out how to remove dash to check the problem..

Help......
  • nthenthe Posts: 414
    i had a similar rattle in my 08 tC that i bought last week. i took the cargo cover off and now it is gone.