Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda CR-V Dealerships

2»

Comments

• micki2micki2 Posts: 13
    It was a phone survey by Honda Motor Company. Is it used to determine bonuses? Why is there such a push for all fives?
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,049
    We just happen to have a discussion called Customer Satisfaction Surveys. :shades:

The issue comes up often in the Stories from the Sales Frontlines discussion too.

And yeah, bonuses and pay plans are often tied to good surveys, and some buyers "trade" a good survey for a discount on accessories or a tank of gas.
  • guru_gguru_g Posts: 52
    Yesterday, I bought a Honda CRV 4wd EX and all season floor mats (list-$149, typically sells for $99 online) for ~23,300+Taxes ($1330)+Title, license and prep. fee($395)=$25,000 OTD. The first offer I got from this dealership was $500 over invoice and the deal was finalized within 5 minutes over the phone!! I did not trade in anything. I added the extended warranty 8yr/100K $0 ded. for $885 (the dealer matched Bernardi's price without any hassle). The price on the CR-V+floor mats was $1587 below MSRP and I had a really pleasant buying experience from Don Jacobs Honda in Lexingtion, KY. If you live anywhere close to Lexington, I would highly recommend them. I drove 70 miles to buy from them as the local Louisville dealers would not budge more than $500-$1000 from MSRP. I ordered the CR-V last month and the vehicle was in before the salesperson said it would be in. The salesperson was very affable, courteous, and proactive in taking care of everything (called my insurance agent and gave the details of the car, kept me updated on the status of the car and emailed me the VIN when he knew, had the car ready to go when I said I would be in). No BS from the F&I person as well. Thoroughly pleased with the overall buying experience and they truly deserve 5's in the survey (Isellhondas-I am an engineer, teacher & like a good deal, 3 of your 4 criteria for giving the salesperson a bad survey). If anyone wants the salesperson's name email me.
  • beerloverbeerlover Posts: 19
    CRV 4wd EX
    $22800 Invoice (w dest charge guessing dest charge ~$600)
    150 avg tag and fees
    100 mats
    ---------
    23050 base
    - 23695 you paid (23300+395 fees)
    ----------
    $695 you paid over invoice

Its the fees they got you on. I think if you look around you'll see fees typically run about $150 (title and doc fees) and they charged you $395

You still got a better deal than me by a hair and most people so don't feel bad.
  • guru_gguru_g Posts: 52
    The exact breakup is as follows:

$23,266.12(invoice of $22840+$100 incl. floormats and destination)
    $1338.88 (taxes)
    $395.00 (title, documentation, & prep fee).
    -----------
    25,000 OTD
    -----------
    The $395 fee is a bit on the higher side but is on par with the other honda dealers in KY. The minimum fee for all the local dealers was $249, but that dealership's OTD price was much higher. I negotiated using OTD price and I knew $25K was a good deal. I don't feel bad at all since my deal is comparable to the best deals people have gotten (per edmund's forums):).
  • marig0107marig0107 Posts: 92
    They were hard negotiators and so were we, but fact is, vehicle was too popular to go that much under invoice. However, even before we committed to the car, without prompting or putting money down, they secured the exact car we wanted to their fleet. So when we did decide on their offer, the car was already there. Also, their non-negotiable doc fees, well, at least half of them, if not more were cut. They just had to cut off of other things to make it go away. So on paper, doc fee is there, but on the extra add-ons, they were marked down.

I also highly recommend their internet sales guy, JR MCCoy. Super nice and helpful, which I know they are supposed to be, but this guy was not slick dealer like some. He even went thru our owners manuals, all of them, and placed post it flags on the should know now items...tee hee....good cause I hate reading manuals.
  • I just purchased a Honda CRV, and wanted to share my experiences with the handful of dealerships. We bought the car from Parker Johnstone, and they were good to work with. Not a lot of pressure from the sales staff, and really the negotiation didn't take more than 20 minutes. The one problem was that it took about 90 minutes to get the paperwork ready to sign (but only 15 mins to actually sign). That was pretty frustrating.

As for the other dealerships, the people at Bill Rogers Honda were very laid back. Easy to talk to, and they didn't seem to hold back on information relative to the cars in stock. Prices were competitive, but in the end the dealership was just too far away (50 miles) for me to make the trip. Dick Hannah had the best prices, but the sales staff was a little high pressure. The internet sales manager at Honda St. John's was pretty firm with pricing, but I appreciated the honesty.

As an aside, a friend of mine purchased a CR-V at Beaverton Honda and said it was a hassle free experience.
    Edmunds now has a Dealer Ratings and Reviews page that's more "global" than just the Forums, so please take a few minutes to rate and review your dealers there too. Thanks!
  • nortsr1nortsr1 Posts: 1,060
    Has anyone dealt with the above? They advertise at below invoice on the Hyundais and that is quite a bit with the 2000.00 rebate included. What's the catch, do they lowball you on the trade-in?...There is a $99.00 dealer fee plus TT/L and supposedly thats it.
    NORTSR
  • I like the Honda Oddessy van. I recently tried to buy one in fact. But the sales staff at my local dealership is horrible. I refuse to give any commission to people like that. How can I get around them to buy the car? I thought about driving to the next town (and would clearly save money in doing so) but worry that service would be a hassle. Do I risk that I would simply never have to use the service department???? Open to suggestions/ solutions.
  • alamocityalamocity Posts: 680
    I'd definitely look into other dealerships before buying from a dealership you don't feel comfortable with. As for service that shouldn't make any difference where you bought it from and can have the service done at the dealership closest to you.
  • If hte sales departent is poor, then it's liekly the service department is just as badly managed. Thsi is the case with our local nissan dealer. The closest dealer is 40 miels away, but we've had such bad expereinces we actually go to the nextclosest dealer 100 miles away. But for a reasonable price, they have a pick/drop-off and loaner service. I do most of the basic maintenance myself, but for the major service intervals, I use that service.

Fortunately for my CR-V, the cleast Hodna dealer so far seems pretty good and that's where I purchased it from. I didn't get the best price, but I'd rather pay an extra $500 to establish a good reputation and saved a 200 miles rounds trip...plus the nearest dealer had what I wanted in stock.
  • Hi,

We just picked a new Honda Cr-v Ex-l 2013. We checked everything out before signing the contract but I did not notice there were small pieces of broken glass making noise when turning. Service guys said the rear window was broken before delivery to a dealer and somebody did not mention that in the papers. There were also some scratches on the rear wiper. We are getting a new wiper and glass is going to get cleaned up at the service free of charge. We also asked to check for structural damage and they said there was none - I noticed some sloppy welding in the rear when you open a hatch.

They gave us a thorough report. I am going back to the dealer to complain again. Should I ask for a discount or a new car? We know the general manager quite well and it is the 3rd car we bought from them. It was a smooth ride before until now.

I am bit disappointed that something like happened and has not been disclosed. I am fully aware that cars do get damaged before delivery and most of us will never know but this time they did not even bother to clean it up so they got caught red handed.
  • pompompompom Posts: 4
    I found damage to a Nissan that I had purchased as new from a dealer. Back then I found out that if the cost to replace/repair is over a certain thresh hold they have to not only disclose it to you but can not sell as new. I contacted the Nissan headquarters who sent out a person to check on this (it was body damage that had been repaired unknown to me). I would ask for a new car but good luck with that. I am currently a Honda owner and received my car in very unsatisfactory condition. My first and last Honda!
    The threshold for disclosure varies quite a bit depending on what state you are in. Here's one example in NC - 5% of the retail value is the threshold.

I think most states require the dealer to disclose any repairs if you ask but who thinks to ask?

That link has some suggestions about what you can do.
2»