Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uplander/Montana/Relay/Terraza TSBs and Problem Codes

Comments

• GM is struggling big time, I wonder if that effects these kind of warranty discretion decisions?
  • I have my SV6 in the shop now chasing down the Stability / Traction Control issue/warning. I have over 50K on my 2006 SV6 but have a AAA Platinum Extended Warranty. (Warranty is not that great, won't buy from AAA again as it requires $100 deductible for EACH item and they are making the shop jump through hoops to prove the trouble code in the computer is a real trouble code.) I'll post an update once I get my van back, hopefully before Labor Day weekend. BTW, I haven't bothered with the flickering light problem. Figure why waste my money.
  • What ever happened to your sv6? I have the same problem with the stability/Tracrion control issue.Mine will turn on every once in a while about once every 4-5 times i drive my car.When it turns on, i turn the car off then turn it back on the lights stay off until the 3 rd time i turn the car on.Any help would be appreciated.my email is desertbullies@msn.com this is my first time on this board.
    Thanks
  • My van is now nearing 65,000 miles which is ancient if you talk to any car dealership. For the last 15,000 miles the Traction Control, ABS, and Stability System warnings have taken their turn flashing continuously on my computer. My van no longer locks up while traveling down the road (I believe that after doing that repeatedly the anti-lock braking system has burned up) Even though the warning lights still flash I only fear an accident taking place when my traction control or Anti-lock brakes try to engage while I am turning a corner. Several times I have nearly gone into another cars drivers door with my grill. I am pretty sure that if I can even pay this off before it dies...I will have to retire it to the junk yard. Drivers of this vehicle be careful! I am sure I am not the only one that has nearly had accidents because of problems that the dealerships cannot fix. This vehicle is a serious safety issue!
  • During a trip last night on the interstate at dusk Iturned on the headlights Manually because of the weather conditions. I drove for an hour and when I got within 10 minutes of my destination they started to "Flash on and off". I could hear a clicking coming from the computer evidently turning them off and on. When I stopped, I found that the Headlight switch was sensitive to it's position but the most revealing item was that they "STAYED ON" in the "AUTO" position. I was able to drive 2 hours back home without a problem. ? could it be the switch or the computer ? I had monitored the VOLTAGE for a while when it first started and it did not flutuate as I had expected it to but it was higher than I thought it should be.
    Since it did not flash when in "Auto ON" it can't be a short kicking out a breaker.
  • clubsudzclubsudz Posts: 6
    Sorry to take so long to post an update. Back in August of 2008 my 2006 Montana SV6 had the ABS / Traction Control / Stability Control lights on (see post #24 in this thread Aug 27, 2008). I had a Code C0131 ABS Pressure Circuit, C0136 Base Brake Pressure Sensor, a C0139 Base Brake Pressure Sensor High, a C1100 System Pressure Sensor 2 and a C1101 Sensor 2 Range. I also had a code 1225 wheel speed sensor. I replaced the Master Cylinder (which was leaking), replaced the hub & bearing assembly, the Antilock Brake Assembly. So at that time the problem was related to the ABS assembly. I also remember the mechanic getting GM parts for the cables to the sensors because the original ones and the after market ones are short and can cause problems because they are too short. Now that was back at 53,811 miles. I'm at 61,581 miles and the lights are coming back on again. They reset after a couple of restarts. I took it into an actual GM dealer the last time the lights came on but when they turned the car on the lights were off and the ABS computer had no codes. I've used OnStar and they are not finding codes in the ABS system when the lights are on so I'm beginning to think I have some sort of phantom problem. Instead of paying another hour of labor to the dealer to read no code in the computer, my plan is to (1) allow OnStar to escalate to tech support the next time I have them on the phone and (2) wait until the lights come on and stay on before taking it into a mechanic to diagnose.
  • mkauz52mkauz52 Posts: 6
    I am now at 76,000 miles and never thought I would make it this far in my vehicle. Last week while driving on the interstate at 70 miles per hour I tapped my break to kick off the cruise control and this made the wheels lock up. Although it was only momentarily it was enough to make my heart jump into my throat! I have learned you have to be ready for anything driving this van. I haven't had it back into the shop since they told me they could not fix the problem. Two of my friends have purchased the Chevy Uplander (believe me I tried to tell them it was a bad idea!) One cannot drive the vehicle over 35 mph because of the uneven wear on the tires. The tires have only gone 1/2 of the recommended mileage before they are suggested to be changed! My other friend has her van in the shop for what they told her initially was the wheel bearings being bad?! Each day she gets a call that they are keeping her van cause they cannot tell what is wrong with it. Buyer BEWARE! I am now saving to trade but be sure I am not going to the BUICK dealership again!
  • gr8joy75gr8joy75 Posts: 1
    Does anyone else out there have a problem with their van not starting? We bought ours brand new and have had a problem with it not starting since the very beginning. The Saturn mechanics cannot duplicate the problem but then it does it to us 2 days after we get it back from them. Check engine light has come on three times...they've changed out the fuel pump and 2 of the 6 injectors and it still doesn't want to start every time we're in it. It does it at least once a week sometimes more than that. Needless to say we will never buy GM again! This one problem is enough to keep us away. :lemon:
  • sergiomsergiom Posts: 1
    i can see why gm is going under .i have a 2005 sv6 with 130000kms
    so far i spend
    $780.00 brakes 42000kms
    $800.00 tires 36000kms
    $4012.00 transmission 121000kms
    190.00 rear wipermotor 80000kms
    and i think my engine is acting bad,a word of advise DONT BUY GM PLEASE,if someone doesnt belive me i have all the bills to prove it.when i had warrant no problems ,it finishes all this garbage starting to happen

PS: how about all the shacking and radles all over
    i hope this can help if you need anymore details reply please
  • Update 2006 SV6 Stability / Traction Control / ABS post from April 2009.
    The intermittent ABS, Stablility, Traction Control warning light with no "hard code" in the ABS computer is called a "soft code" which means it resets when the car is turned off. In speaking with 2nd level OnStar support, they said this soft code is sometimes caused by a short in the connector to the wheel speed sensor due to water or a loose connection. I turned the wheel to the far left, crawled under the van and made sure the connector was tight (I also removed some electrical tape which was coming unraveled from the connector) and then did the same thing on the right front wheel sensor connector. I haven't had the light come back on since then even though it's been wet and foggy and snowy. Fingers crossed that might have done the trick. (The dealer who couldn't figure that out is now closed so maybe there's justice in this world after all.)
  • The head lights continue to give trouble but I have found that by exercising the switch back and forth between Auto and Manual the will work properly again. I suspect the exposed manual contact on the switch becomes oxidized from leaving it in the Auto position.Additional resistance probably doesn't signal the computer constantly.
    Last GM car for me after 50 years.
  • apparently the 2006 montanas are the only ones that code to the ecbm before the check engine light, even if its not a braking issue. Ours ended up being a fuel trim reading issue. We had a wheel bearing replaced, but the fuel trim kept making it set it off even after that. the technician put a clamp on the air intake to keep it from bulging and setting the fuel to air ratio wrong.
  • derekjayderekjay Posts: 1
    I have the same problem with a 2006 uplander. I have to take it in with the light on. They diagnosed my left wheel speed sensor. That could mean the hub, the harnest, the speed sensor. I had this problem corrected in 2006 under warranty, however when there was a problem with my steering rack, they replaced it, and the light started to come on.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,003
    derekjay,

Have you had the chance to speak to your dealership regarding these issues? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • susanssv6susanssv6 Posts: 2
    I am taking this van in for the 3rd time tomorrow because of problems with the ABS and also the traction control & engine lights. We have already had parts replaced two times at a cost of $1200 (the first time). Auto shop thought the parts must have been faulty the 2nd time but now I'm not so sure. I was driving the other day, exiting a ramp off the highway and breaking when the break pedal jumped and I did not think I could stop the van. It was the ABS. Really scary!

Anyone know if I have any recourse since Pontiac went under? Auto shop thinks this should be a recall but since Pontiac is no more that will not happen. They have seen this ALOT. I'm never buying GM again. Bought this as a 1 year old dealer driven van and I have no idea if I have any recourse.

Help please?!
    susanssv6,

Are you taking your vehicle to an independent shop or an authorized GM dealership?

Thank you,
  • I am having the same problems. I just got my 2006 Pontaic Montana SV6 out the yesterday for the THIRD TIME!! and the ABS, Traction Control, Service Stability lights came back on and the ABS started engaging as usual. What do I do? :mad: :cry:
  • max5841max5841 Posts: 4
    Your having problems to,one of my customers and I had same problem.the wiring harness has to be re-routed,Chuck my customer had his fixed yesterday at gm dealer there is a dock number for the chevy uplander 2362549 not sure if it's the same number for your pontiac but same problem.It cost him 50.00 for the re-routing,called my Gm dealer and said they would do it for same price.Gm should be taking care of this at no charge,it is a problem many of us are having.hope thi helps you.Max
    ceeceediva,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Were you planning on having the vehicle fixed at the dealership? Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
  • We had intermittent lights on for service abs and traction control on our 08 uplander. After reading clubsudz post, I did the same. The sensor wires were not clicked in completely and there was unraveled electrical tape. We haven't had a problem since although it's only been about 100 miles and 12 starts.
    Hope this helps.
    Other than that we've had no problems except rear wiper motor is out.