Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Eos Water Leaks

167891012»

Comments

• Whilst picking up my son from local VW service dept. I wandered into showroom and liked the EOS. Came home and proceeded to research a little. Whoa! what I have read so far is shocking. Though these appear to be older models, from what I gather 2009-2011 is same engine/transmission type with same ongoing problems. The leaks, the seals, the oil, the water, odor, rattles etc.
    I would very much like to hear from msbannett, should I continue looking or turn and run? I am a fanatic when it comes to care of auto, follow maintenance schedule, always extended warranty, always dealership service even after warranty out. I keep records of everything and make sure all items are documented, even if service manager huffs and puffs. After all it's my car, my time and after warranty my money.
    Appreciate all feedback.
  • cadd2233cadd2233 Posts: 36
    2 weeks ago, I took my car in for leak in the trunk. Today, I have the same leak. Read my past postings for the full stories: I had a 2008 Eos, then 2009 Eos... a squirrel also ate my 2009 Eos anti-freeze hose, was later told the material they use had starch, which attracted them. What? I had to pay for that repair out of my own pocket, the remaining leaks are still covered, so far. Your comment about "older models". First Eos came out 2007, how old can it be to have this much problems!? I never believe in Extended warranty, but if you decide to get this car, I highly sugguest it! I have a 1993 Honda Accord with over 240K miles, if the A/C worked, I probably would rather drive that car! Yes, I still love my Eos, living dangeously?
  • Thank you for taking the time to respond. Will read your previous posts. "Older Models" is purely personal, come by it honestly. I sell or trade every two years, we all have our vices. First EOS came out in 07, generally 1st year maybe two and kinks are resolved, food for thought on this model. Again hanks for your input. Loved my Honda LX 1978! not to mention my S2k. Always living dangerously! We only come this way once concously!
  • ok, hank= thanks and consously= conscientiously- please forgive.
  • I bought the 2008 Lux Eos. I enjoyed driving my car for about three years until I started having rook leaking issues. At that time I started to deal with the dealer on a consistent basis and have never have such poor service with a car company before. I brought in my car a total of 4 times and i still had issues with leaking after that. I couldnt believe a 3 year old car would be so difficult for the dealer to fix. Additionally their corporate representatives were miserable to work with. They were not courteous or willing to help beyond telling me to continually bring my car back to the dealer. Its unfortunate that I spent so much on a vehicle and was treated so poorly. I had heard bad things about VWs in the past. I thought I would take c achance. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING A VW.
  • I had the same problem with car leaking in both, the driver and passenger side, but after 16 visits to the dealer, a letter to the VP of VW of America and a complain with the bbb, they finally took my problem serious and fixed it in the 17th visit. VW Has a leakeage solution for all EOS now. 2007 & 2008 EOS are the ones with the most issues, not just leaking, I had to replace the window motors in my cat twice, the breaks squeek terribly, I had a problem with the functilnality of the roof, it squeeks and makes a lot of what the dealer calls "body flex noises" inside, my battery died after 3 years and so on. I think EOS is a great looking vehicle, and fun at a fair price, but it lacks manufacturing detail and comes with tons of issues. In my case, I was lucky to get all problems fixed before the warranty expired. 2010 to date do not have all those issues, that's why you don't see a lot of them for sale out there. VW has learn of past mistakes with the 2001 & 2008.
  • DUDE, thats mean!
    Since VW replaced my car, this one has not leaked at all! It's a keeper!
  • I've had my EOS for 4 years, and have not had one single leak. I love Candy (candy-apple-red)!

Merry Christmas, Scrooge! :P
  • I don't. Believe for one minute your VW tech. If you are the your poor attitude and lack of technical knowledge is what causes these cars to fail. Any time a person brings a vehicle back 2,3 and 4 times to get fixed for the same thing is clearly a issue that techs play a role in. Learn to do your job well instead of jabbing the products and customers that pay the bills where you work.
    Merry Christmas
    2008 lux that NEVER leaked once due to Kryox applied per owners manual.
  • That is very true, as I mentioned earlier, my EOS has been in the Jersey Village Momentum VW 17 time for different reasons in the past 1 1/2 years and I trully agreed that the problem, is not just the vehicle but the bad mechanics at that place. Car has been taken to the shop for the leak problem 4 times and they finally figured something out. I did noticed that when it rains, theres oil resudue all over the front windows. My warranty is about to expire and I am affraid to death, plus extended warranty is over $3K. I really hope that VW has fixed att the problems with the new VW EOS, becasue is trully a nice vehicle and fun to drive. Happy New Year!
  • The oily residue is the Kryox seal conditioner that VW tells you to use per your owners manual two times a year. This conditioner will make your roof seals swell up and get somewhat grease looking. When it rains it will smear on glass and is a PIA to get off. But it is what keeps the water out. I read on this thread about so many people having leaks and no mention of using this product. Fact of the matter most VW dealers like mine don't have a clue about this stuff but it is right in the manual including the VW part number for this stuff. Replacing roof seals may not always be nessesary when seal conditioner has not been used first.
    Happy new year to all
  • That explains the fact that I have never had a leaking problem with the convertible top on my 2009 EOS Komfort (so far). Whether it is from it's my car-pool mates or people checking out my beautiful car, it also explains some greasy hand and finger prints that I see on my window every week. Hope you are enjoying your cars, y' all!

from (today) rainy Los Angeles
  • My daughter loved the look of the Eos VW so we looked at 2, one yesterday and 1 today interestingly both times when we opened the doors water came pouring out. One car was 2007 and one was 2008. We asked at both dealerships if they were aware of any issue in terms of the hard top convertible and both seperate dealers denied knowing anything. We could clearly see from the condensation on the windows and the stream of water coming out of the open doors that there is an issue. She callled VW to report and they told her that there is no recall on these vehicles, seems ridiculous to me.
  • Water draining from door sill problely means roof drains are working correctly. Did you search for water in floor pans area? Some water leaks are due to owners failure to lubricate roof seals as per owners manual. I also have a 11 jetta that windows fog up after a good rain.
  • there is a fix for water leak gurnee vw said they wereu aware But Anderson in Crystal Lake said there is and our2009 doesn leak any more it is related to installing somekind of tube
  • there is also leakage in trunk when you open it that was fixed also
  • mmlpmmlp Posts: 1
    Did you ever find a solution for the chipping paint on the rear view mirrors?
167891012»