Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Land Cruiser

Comments

• I need a pair of rear seats in tan, do you still have, or does anyone else have a pair for sale?
  • Just in case. I have a GREY rear seats, never been used, in storage. Bought my LC July, 2006 brand new.
  • Well its finally happened at 123,000 - my exhaust is blowing. Whats amazing isthat only three months ago it passed the Emissions Test. So maybe the converter and sensors are OK?

But now comes the pain of replacing both the mufflers etc etc. The manifold is OK apparently.

Advice?

Is the Borla Exhaust System worth getting? :sick:
  • Hello,
    I have a 2000 TLC that just turned 100,00 miles. The other day while driving I lost power and heard a horrible noise from underneath the vehicle. I put it Park, it sounded fine, but when I went to try to put it in Drive there was a loud grinding screeching noise. I Called Toyota and had it towed in. Dealership called and said the back axle broke loose and shoved back into Wheel Hub and the transfer case. $5,000 bill to fix. I am very disappointed as my LC has been babied(no off roading) and all service done. I certainly didn't expect kind of breakdown from a LC. Anyone heard of this happening before and if so how did Toyota handle? Warranty or did you have to pay out of pocket. The dealer is talking with Toyota to see if they will cover(not too hopeful on this). I have been very happy with my LC and had not problems until now.
    Thanks for your input....
  • Are you the first owner? Do you have all service records etc. Be polite but persistent with the dealer. Seek inputs from the area tech rep if needed. My hunch is Toyota will help you with some of this, due to this being a problem with a "core" component.

I hope they do and that you will post your results here for us to see.
  • I have an intermittent (significant) vibration coming from the rear of my 1994 TLC (original owner, 235k miles). Occurs every 50 or so miles, most often at highway speed under light, if any, acceleration - difficult to replicate when called upon! I have had the tires balanced, rotors checked, etc. Any suggestions?
  • One possibility is that the one or more universal joints are worn out, especially if they are the originals. Do you also sometimes hear an intermittent clicking sound at very low speeds, particularly in reverse? In any event, best to have those checked ASAP.
  • Any advice on replacement tires for an '03 with 18" wheels? Bridgestone Dueler H/T, michelin pilot each get average reviews for the snow and I live in CT where we do get some winter weather.
  • I need a new CDROM/disc to update my nav system...is a dealer the only choice? Way too $$$ last time I checked
  • I live in CT and I am replacing my Duelers with the Nokian WR - "Only four-season family of tires that carries the Severe Service Emblem exceeding new government snow condition regulations". There is NO other choice and I have the equivalent on all my cars.
  • Well, my 2001 LC with 65,000 miles that has been cared for extremely well went through its tranny back in the summer. The tech's at my Toy dealership said they have never seen this before in a LC. Especially one with so few miles. My saving grace was that I had about 1 month left on my extended warranty. The bill came to something around $4K I think..Whew !! Then, 3 weeks after my warranty expired my NAV system went out...I'm a longtime LC owner and am extremely disapointed that these things have gone bad on my vehicle. Oh, the price for fixing (replacing) the Nav reader is something like $1,700.00, I haven't had it fixed yet. I was looking at a new '08 but I'm not too sure at this point. :cry:
  • Try ebay. I bought and update disc there hoping that was what was wrong on my 2001's Nav system. It wasn't. Bummer for me. Now I have 2 discs but nothing to use them on !! :cry:
  • Hello. I joined this forum because I just bought a 1987 HJ60 with the 6 inline diesel engine (4.0 litre here in Canada), 24-volt system with some 12-volt bits. I am the 2nd owner. It was rust-proofed at birth and since. I had it up on the hoist for 2 hours prior to purchase.

I am looking for forums/fans of older Land Cruisers. I have some questions that are being answered one at a time. I figure fan forums are the best place to hang out.

Are there other good forums for LCs, especially the older ones?

On wikipedia.org, I read that the 70 model (probably not sold in the US) had an optional 2nd fuel tank (90 litres, or 23.8 gallons). My HJ60 (most likely sold in the US as FJ60) has the 90-litre tank, and until I get it back up on a hoist, I wonder if anyone knows whether the 2nd tank was an option (if so, the space to mount it will be available, making it easier). I want a 2nd tank with vegetable oil in it.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    Are there other good forums for LCs, especially the older ones?

Yes, there are but we don't see the point in making other forums a topic of discussion here. There are lots of friendly folks right here who'd love discuss the older LCs with you. I recommend the 1st Generation Toyota 4Runners (84-89) discussion for starters.

And welcome aboard! :)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Thanks, Tidester. I am sure the 4Runner forum would be a great place to talk about my Land Cruiser.
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    the 4Runner forum would be a great place to talk about my Land Cruiser …

Well, why not? It's a great group and they love to discuss just about anything! :)

Seriously, I apologize for the error. I clicked a little too hastily on my list and didn't double check. In any case, just say the word and we'll be happy to set up a discussion of old Land Cruisers.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Actually, this is probably a better link than the 4Runner link. Two different vehicles all together. Separate discussions for the 60 series.

http://www.ih8mud.com/

HTH
  • Thanks, SteelCruiser, mud is where I ended up, just did not want to say it too loud.

Great Cruiser resources for sure!
  • I've posted that link before and the mods were OK with it. Another resource to try is Spector Off Road. Marv Spector is Mr. Landcruiser and if you're ever in the southern California area, you owe it to yourself to visit his place. It's a Cruiser head's nirvana!
  • oralandooralando Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, I hope somebody can help me. I have been looking for a supercharger for a land cruiser 1997, L6, 4.5L without any luck if anybody in this forum can help me locate one i will be very, very thaknfully for any clue on where to get it. thank you.