Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Land Cruiser

1247248249250251253»

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,980
    Sounds like you found a good shop with a great name for a 4x4 place. :shades:
  • steelcruisersteelcruiser Posts: 402
    edited March 2011
    Welcome, fabricator1. What you describe is a fairly common "issue". You've got lube nipples at each end of your drive shafts and these need to be lubed periodically. There are also some fittings that require checking to make sure they're torqued per spec. (I posted this info a few years ago, but others may have posted up more recently?)

Crawl under your rig and you'll quickly see these areas. And if it hasn't been done, you might want to consider swapping out your f/r diff and transfer case gear lube.

Another thing to check on the 80 series is the birfield joints.

HTH
  • I just got a new LC -- had my old one since 1999 -- 178,000 miles -- never had a problem other than normal maintenance. Just sold it for 5k to my son for his kids. Without a doubt, the best vehicle I have ever owned in 50+ years of driving.
  • bdusa1bdusa1 Posts: 3
    My 2001 is just over 190,000 mi and still rides like the day I bought it. JBL system and a/c were its only achilles. I off road, tow rv's and never babied this vehicle. It is my second TLC in twenty years and both met my every expectations. Sorry some of you had a different experiance.

The secret is to never,never bring it to a dealership for service,which would prove to be a rare need anyway. They not the car are your problems. IMHO
  • Hi, I'm wondering what you think I could get right now for my 1999 Landcruiser, fully loaded, 115,000 miles. I've checked the Edmunds suggested price but it seems low. Thanks.
  • zinmyozinmyo Posts: 2
    Dear Sir,
    I have an 2000 ToyotaLandcruiserCygnus.The VSC and TRAC OFF lights came on the dash. Please explain me problem solving. Please discussion for me.