Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Land Cruiser

Comments

• mnallamnalla Posts: 6
    The price is $1500 over invoice and is the best I can seem to get after contacting over 5 dealers. The LC is completely loaded - nav, conv pkg, floor mats, wood trim and I am being offered $52.5.

Looks like it will the black with a tan interior.
  • raybearraybear Posts: 1,776
    There are some others available for less. Keep shopping.
  • gonasgonas Posts: 5
    I have a black '98 LC with the medium grey bumpers & body side-moldings. The body side-moldings also contain a light grey insert. My problem is finding the medium grey touch-up paint in a standard small container & brush applicator. I only need it to touch-up some stone chips on the bumpers. The local dealers (2 of them) tell me the paint code has been discontinued by Toyota. I find this hard to believe. I have been able to acquire the light grey, but not the medium grey.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, do you know a good source for the paint? I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

John G
    I live in the Los Angeles area and had been shopping around for about 10 days for a new '02 Land Cruiser. I called up several dealers to check their stock position and also prices. I finally e-mailed several dealers and many did NOT respond. I was working on a deal with Longo (supposedly the largest in the country) and also Wondries. After the initial quote Wondries did not respond. Was very close to signing the papers at Longo but was not convinced of their final price and their trade-in for my 00 Passat GLX was was below market value (what amazes me is Longo was challenged by the Toyota Chairman to sell 2,500 cars this month and still would not deals with me against the competition). So I decided to shorp around and wait to see if I can sell it on my own. Boy was I glad I decided to wait!

A mutual contact had put me in touch with Dianne Whitmire at Carson Toyota and it must have been my luck day. She was a real rarity amongst dealers today - she was very up front, straight forward and honest. No hidden charges or add-ons. She gave me her best price which was significantly less than Longo and she along with Michael Chase provided excellent service. Their finance team was also very easy to deal with and gave me a great lease deal, even better (rates, terms, mileage, etc) than Longo. Drove home our new '02 LC (Blue Mica with Ivory leather) yesterday.

I would whole heartedly recommend Dianne and her team at Carson. She consistently seems to out perform other local dealers in the area on prices and needless to say service. I have found my Toyota team/dealer for life!

Thanks Dianne and Mike.

Murali
  • md2002md2002 Posts: 142
    Dianne used to be a regular poster of very informative info and such. Glad to see she is still doing well and moving the TLC.

Best of luck.
  • mgemmamgemma Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me when the 2003 LC will be out and the expected interior changes - increase in pricing? I was about to purchase a 2002 - taking a month (July) to be delivered... with a discount of $5000 over list. Should I wait for the 2003 and the changes?
    I looked into possibly getting a '03 LC as well but I was informed by 2 different dealers that there will be minimal changes, if any expect for the price which is expected to go up as it does every year.

Both dealers interestingly did tell me that Toyota is planning to import 30-40% less LC's for '03 than they did in '02 and also they do NOT plan to discontinue the LC in '05 as commonly reported. However in '05 or earlier there will be a potential re-design with more distinction between the LC and the Lexus.

I got a great deal on the '02 LC from Dianne at Carson Toyota and you will probably get better deals now on '02 versus an '03 a few months from now. Hope this helps.

Murali
  • gbhopper2gbhopper2 Posts: 25
    The 03 LX 470 will have a new dash, controls on the steering wheel, side air bags, 18" wheels, a new front and some changes in the rear. Maybe the Cruiser will get the same.
  • pachopacho Posts: 9
    Hookba #1700
    My '93 LC is rated at 212 horsepower (new). As far as mileage, over the four years I've owned it I average around 12 to 13 mpg city driving. The best highway I can do is about 16. After 130k miles, the only non maintenance-related repairs have been axle and joint work related to extensive offroading. The engine is still flawless with instant starts. Transmission is fine. Brake pads get replaced yearly.

Problems...of the original 9 factory speakers only four still produce good sound. I've just been too lazy to fix this little annoyance. Also, the San Diego sun has wiped out about 50% of the clearcoat on my horizontal surfaces, so check for oxidation/clearcoat when shopping. These are very minor problems for a ten-year old car.

Landcruisers rock! Have fun.
  • saupe130saupe130 Posts: 36
    I've got a black 96 TLC and a black 98 Tacoma. Black is beautiful, baby! My first car was a black 1964 El Camino, and I've got a black Yamaha V-Max. Not Goth or anything. Just love black when it's polished up nice. Good luck with that!
  • fj100fj100 Posts: 97
    Hey guys and girls in LC and LX land,

I have a '99 LC with 58k miles and it has a dash rattle. I love this truck but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue. The rattle is coming from the center of the dash, near the windshield, I thought possibly something had dopped in the vents however, if I push down on the dash (or pull up easily by the vents) the rattle stops.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so was it remedied by a trip to the Dealership? If they have to remove the whole dash it seems that will get fairly expensive, just because it is time intensive.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
  • ironside7ironside7 Posts: 38
    I have a '98 with the same rattle problem, but have never looked into getting it fixed. This seems to be a problem (one of the few) with most '98 and above TLCs. Please let us know if you have any luck getting it fixed.
  • lisa54lisa54 Posts: 11
    This afternoon I had a strange thing happen with my LC. I started it and the warning lights lit up and the seatbelt chime came on, but after I fastened my seatbelt, the chime turned into a constant buzz. None of the warning lights are on, so I assume it is an electrical problem. The sound stops when I turn the car off.
    Since the dealership I normally use doesn't have an appointment with a loaner car available for another week, I was wondering if anyone else has had this occur.

Thanks
  • md2002md2002 Posts: 142
    It most likely isn't going to be a big issue to wait a week just a constant annoyance. However the no loaner free for a week. Well, I bet sales reps and mgrs have dealer cars and I bet they are sitting there all day doing nothing. So if you drive and service a nice TLC that you bought there I think they should be able to produce a loaner. Call your sales rep he should be taking care of you.
  • seanslx450seanslx450 Posts: 11
    I just bought a 97 lexus lx 450 and want to add the tow package. What does the package consist of? Thanks in advance.
  • seanslx450seanslx450 Posts: 11
    I think I figured it out from past postings. You pretty much get the correct hitch and the trailer wiring adaptor kit and install both. I understand that the vehicle already has a transmission cooler. If I am mistaken, please correct me.
    Thanks.
  • sjennsjenn Posts: 1
    I have been shopping for a new SUV. Have a '93 grand jeep Cherokee. Need a little more room and want a newer car. I had decided to find a '01 LX470 because I was afraid the LC wouldn't keep its market value as a used car if it is discontinued. I read one post saying that this is not true. How to find out the truth whether they are going to keep making them? A Lexus dealer said they weren't making them any more and a Toyota dealer the same. Who has the truth?
    Thanks
  • kjack100kjack100 Posts: 133
    Sean, check out this site: reeseprod.com. They make all the hitches that are installed on Toyota SUV's in the Southeast. It's a high quality hitch. Looks like you can do a search on your make and model for the hitch as well as the wiring. Also, they have a retailer search engine.
  • 9411794117 Posts: 39
    The Land Cruiser and LX470 will be modified slightly (see insidelexus.com - side airbags, new headlights...) for 2003 and 2004 and maybe some big changes will come in 2005. The type of vehicle the Land Cruiser is might change a bit but I'd be surprised if Toyota didn't sell something called a Land Cruiser in America in 2005 (and 2003).
  • ravickravick Posts: 18
    Lisa, I had the same thing happen about a month ago on my 2000 LC. If the buzz you are alluding to is a high pitched noise like the one you would hear when your radio is not tuned to any station in particular (although the noise is not coming from the radio), then it is probably the same problem I experienced. Soon as I drove it into the dealership, the service manager instantly recognized what it was. It was apparently a relay that had gone bad and needed to be replaced. It took them about 5 days to get the part in. In the meanwhile, I continued to drive the truck with the radio turned on really loud so as to mask this annoying noise out as much as possible. I had approximately 50K miles on the vehicle. I'm curious to know how many miles you had on yours when this happened.