Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A6 Audio Questions

Comments

• chiradchirad Posts: 5
    Hello,
    I recently bought an '07 A6 with the tech package.
    I tried using the bluetooth but find i have really weak signal. Is there a way to get a stronger signal or should i place my phone in a certain area?
    Thanks
  • I just got back from the store my car ran fine. 10 min later I go to start the car and it is dead... Battery is great all lights, locks and work but it does not want to crank.. Can you give me a suggestion..
  • liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    Don't know much about 1995 A5's (didn't even know they had them back then, as they are just new this coming year)...

I've had that happen a few times and it was that I wasn't pressing down hard enough on the brake when trying to start the ignition... hopefully its something as simple as that...
  • Had Sirius installed in my 2006 A6. After a year, only one station from each category remains operative. I called Sirius and they resent the logon signal. Problem remains. Operator at Sirius thinks that it may be a radio setting (utilizing the rotary knob). I have spent hours attempting to rectify the problem. Has anyone experienced a similiar situation? I MISS CNBC. :cry:
  • What you need is a wire with both terminal ends the same as the terminal end of your ear phones your ear phones that plug into the I-Pod. Go to your local Radio Shack and tell them that's what you need. Be sure both male ends have the double copper rings. Each represents one side of stereo. They are usually sold at different lengths, and you can probably get by with the shortest (maybe 4 to 6 inches).
  • 1999 A6 Quattro - 96K miles, good condition, just had valve heads pulled, all new valves, valve guides, springs, heads machined, new water pump, new timing chain, and all related gaskets. Also had entire steering rackreplaced. I'm in MD which is no longer really snow country in the winter. What snow we have had, I purposefully put the car in situations some 4WD trucks and SUV's would have trouble with and this German beauty just walked a dog right through it.

First problem is the work put into it in the past year costs more then what Kelly Blue Book calculates it is worth. Second problem is, it is daughter's car, she's still in college and not making the kind of money part time to keep gas in it and do upkeep, and I don't want to subsidize any longer.
  • I had a similar problem with my '05. Sirius kept saying that everything was right on their end but I did not believe them. I ended up taking to the dealership and they found the antenna was malfunctioning. They replaced it and everything has been A-OK since. (As a note, this will effect your Bluetooth setup as well so be prepared to have to learn your phone into the system again if programmed as such.)
  • ealazarusealazarus Posts: 23
    Hi everybody,

I am probably the last person to buy an iPod (1 week ago) and I am hooked on the Podcasts.....

My 2007 A6 has Sirius, MMI, Navigation.....but for the life of me I cannot find any type of 3.5mm, USB or any other port....so obviously it needs some kind of iPod kit but where would it plug?

Thank you

Elliot
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    I can't rememeber whether Audi started providing the ipod connector in 2007 or 2008. If the car has an ipod connector, it is on the CD player.
  • ealazarusealazarus Posts: 23
    Thank you for replying.

There is no jack whatsoever on the 2007 in-glove compartment CD.......I did a full search yesterday.

Yet, in the Booklets that come with the A6 is shows an add-on being plugged into the front of the CD.....so they knew about it to write about it.

Do the low frequency FM transmitters work? It may be more logical than to have to put your iPod in the glove compartment or driver with it open.

Thank you

Elliot
  • kgarykgary Posts: 180
    I wish I could help, but you are not the last person to have an IPOD; I am still waiting to make sure that the new technology works. The Audi salesman was amazed when I asked to have an 8-track installed in my 05 4.2. ;) Perhaps I should ask my teenagers about setting up an IPOD. I do know that Audi wants about $1,200 to retrofit my 05 to include an IPOD. I thin Denison has a less expensive fix as well.
  • cotluicotlui Posts: 1
    i have radio code but idont know how is to install this code on my radio the radio say safe mode? please some help me :confuse: :cry:
  • alp7alp7 Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 A6 that recently lost all audio for the radio, CD, Nav system, phone and the MMI. The mute icon appears on the center screen and I can not get it to turn off. Also I can not access the sound control section when I am in radio or CD mode.

All other functions appear normal. Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks
  • lou24lou24 Posts: 5
    hi alp7,,i have 2005 A6 with no power in the radio system no lights or anything..all other systems are work fine even the lighter in the cup holder,the navi screen is blank..i was just wondering if you had any problems like that....

p.s.sorry i cant help u.......thank you lou24
  • I'm interested in purchasing an HD-Ready radio; however, I'm having some problems trying to find a system that is indicated as "compatible" with my A6 Quattro. Has anyone else installed a new sound system in this year and Model?
  • lou24lou24 Posts: 5
    hi,all audi drivers i'm having problems with my car the battery keeps dying on me.I give the car a jump,drive it about 3 to 5 miles and go back home turn the car off and come back the next day and its dead again.and yes its a new battery....
    i also still have a dead mmi i think this could be causing a short and draining the battery but i could be wrong....so if there is any help or informantion i can get would be greatly appreciated.....singed lou24

p.s. i live in a could weather state... :confuse:
  • Hi all. I just bought a new '08 A6 3.2L and so far, loving it. The sound system is not the best I've ever heard, but it's the best I've owned. I was hoping someone could tell me if it's normal for the radio to come on when activitating any of the MMI controls (i.e. Navigation). In other words, if the radio is turned off and I press the Nav button, the radio will come on. It's not a problem for me, but it seems odd. Is that normal with the MMI system? Thanks!
  • adgzaadgza Posts: 1
    Hi Everybody, does anyone know where can I buy a Sirius Module for my A6, I bought my car in Mexico, but I Travel a lot to USA, and have a portable XM and I can't find the sirius because the dealer in the US says that he cannot sell it to my car and in Mexico the module is not available, Thanks for your help!!
  • racin728racin728 Posts: 1
    I have a 1995 a6 quattro. The first time it is started in the morning the brake pedal goes to the floor and I have no brakes. I turn the car off and start it back up and the brakes work fine. Any idea's what could be the problem
  • mac_ptmac_pt Posts: 1
    Hello,
    I am experiencing a strange problem with my audio system. I have 2000 Audi A6 with BOSE system. The problem what I am experiencing is that only rear speakers are working I cannot hear anything from my front speakers.

Can anybody please give me some suggestions what to do? :confuse:

Thanks in advance